Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas, Elemental In General, And Their Effect.

Kinxil

Question

Soooo ! I building my Paris Prime, like each Paris Prime user, around damage, critical and status chance.

But I heard Gas was much more interesting than Thunderbolt because Gas damages are "not flat". Not flat how ? What does this AOE take in consideration to determinate the damages ? On the Wiki it says base damages but it's not really helping me when everything is divided among puncture, etc.

As now, my Paris Prime have about 101% crit chance so it crit every time and 75.2% of status chance.

He have 652 Puncture damage and 1632 Gas Damage, but I noticed the Puncture effect happen much more often than gas one (about 3/4 of any proc), which make my AOE idea a bit unreliable despite it one shot most 40- lvl light enemies when it happen. Worst part is that Paris is mean to one shot, making Puncture proc undesirable (maybe interesting on boss fight).

1) What exactly define the Gas damages ?

2) Does elemental damages (without proc) scale with critical ?

3) Does Gas AOE (with proc) scale with critical ?

4) What exactly define which type of proc (puncture/Slash/gash here) will happen, or have a chance to ?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

1 Elemental damages are based on your base damage, which is All three of your damage types combined, thought it doesn't cound the singular damage increase mods like Razorshot and the like, but does include the damage increases from serration.

2 Yes elemental damage scales with critical, basicly how it works it it adds all your damage types together every time you hit, so to get your new base damage you add your base damage (All three types of damage) Plus your elemental damages, in terms of gas would be fire and toxic mods combines (It adds the damage from both together so you don't lose any, to get your new Total damage, which is ran through the crit multiplyer when you crit. IE Crit builds love having high elemental damage, as it makes it exponentially better.

3 Gas proc does not scale with critical, however the gas proc does a good deal of damage, and harms all enemys around where it proced for a solid 5 or so seconds each second, so it's it' like an aoe dot.

4 A bit tricky, but to be honest, which things proc is almost totally random chance. If you have slash, perice, blunt and gas then you have a 1/4 chance of procing gas every 3/4 shots (Note with bows the final number it shows is the damage, crit, and status of a FULL Charged shot only! A quick shot does way less, has less chance ect.)

1) What exactly define the Gas damages ?

2) Does elemental damages (without proc) scale with critical ?

3) Does Gas AOE (with proc) scale with critical ?

4) What exactly define which type of proc (puncture/Slash/gash here) will happen, or have a chance to ?

1) Gas damage deals 50% of your base damage as toxin damage in an AoE, with 100% status chance. The base damage value is the normalized damage per hit (I+P+S before any modifiers) increased by +damage% mods only (Serration+Heavy Caliber). If you crit, that base damage is increased by your critical multiplier. The toxin status effect then deals 50% of that 50% damage for 9 ticks over 8 seconds.

So specifically, what happens is 50% base damage and another 25% right away, and then 25% for another 8 ticks if the enemy isn't dead yet. The damage done is toxin type, which follows the modifiers from http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 and bypasses shields.

2) Yes, crits are a flat modifier to all damage done.

3) Yes, a crit causing a proc will deal more damage from the procs effect. That said, a proc cannot 'crit' on it's own.

4) In the case of the Paris Prime, assuming you have more than +100% Gas damage, 50% of the procs will be IPS and 50% will be gas. Those 50% IPS will be divided by % damage of that type, so ~80% Puncture, 17.5% Slash, and 2.5 % impact.

The end result will be that when a proc occurs according to status chance, it will be 50% Gas, 40% Puncture, 8.75% Slash, and 1.25% Impact.

Edit: If you're really interested in doing an AoE sniper build, I would suggest doing so on the Lanka, which has a base electric and thus doesn't have any wasted I/P/S procs.

Edited by Darzk

Regarding 4.

From my experience the proc depends on the highest damage source.

I have Tysis with Radiation+Virus and it's default corrosive and 100% proc chance. I see radiation procs the most especially on bombards and napalms since Radiation is the highest damage.

Here is the build:
http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Tysis/t_30_00000000_202-4-5-204-3-10-205-1-3-206-0-5-212-2-3-263-5-3_206-11-205-9-212-7-204-14-202-11-263-7-f-f-f-f/en/3-0-22/14908/0

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

Thanks for all the answers !

From my experience the proc depends on the highest damage source.

I trust this for IPS damages as Puncture is much higher and happen much more often than Slash. But it's not the case at all between IPS and Elemental. My Gas damages are MUCH higher than puncture and happen quite less often than Puncture.

1) Gas damage deals 50% of your base damage as toxin damage in an AoE, with 100% status chance. The base damage value is the normalized damage per hit (I+P+S before any modifiers) increased by +damage% mods only (Serration+Heavy Caliber). If you crit, that base damage is increased by your critical multiplier. The toxin status effect then deals 50% of that 50% damage for 9 ticks over 8 seconds.

So specifically, what happens is 50% base damage and another 25% right away, and then 25% for another 8 ticks if the enemy isn't dead yet. The damage done is toxin type, which follows the modifiers from http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 and bypasses shields.

2) Yes, crits are a flat modifier to all damage done.

3) Yes, a crit causing a proc will deal more damage from the procs effect. That said, a proc cannot 'crit' on it's own.

4) In the case of the Paris Prime, assuming you have more than +100% Gas damage, 50% of the procs will be IPS and 50% will be gas. Those 50% IPS will be divided by % damage of that type, so ~80% Puncture, 17.5% Slash, and 2.5 % impact.

The end result will be that when a proc occurs according to status chance, it will be 50% Gas, 40% Puncture, 8.75% Slash, and 1.25% Impact.

Edit: If you're really interested in doing an AoE sniper build, I would suggest doing so on the Lanka, which has a base electric and thus doesn't have any wasted I/P/S procs.

Thanks for all the informations. I'll never anyway play the Lanka or any sniper for a good reason, it's called Primed Chamber. Also with Split Chamber , innate puncture and Gas proc chance I barely need 2-3 shot to clear a packed group. And I just love bow style. Well at least I know my build is good enough to have as a primary role to One shot most enemies, then clear sometimes enemies packs.