Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do These Weapons Get So Little Love?

Azawarau

Grinlock was the first weapon I ever fully forma'd, The torid shortly after.  I use both relatively often (even though I have the option of using my latron prime, paris prime, and numerous other "better" weapons).  Honestly the only time you have to worry about what is the "best" weapon is when you are 50 waves deep in T4 defence.  For running anything else but endless mode, just about anything is viable with the right mods.  Grinlock is fun as hell, especially when you see a grineer, sprinting for his life across the room, sending potshots your way.  You line up the sights and.... bang, lever reload, he drops.  Very classy.

Torid got a nerf recently though with the way that toxic ancients now work and how they give toxic resistance to enemies around them.  I was kinda salty about that one actually since it I can no longer just pepper the pod with toxic grenades with one hand, while reading a book with the other. ;D

Honestly every weapon dies sooner or later in high wave things

So in that respect the ones that are more CC oriented are more efficient

Those lvl 200 corrupted didnt stand a chance against my Ogris knockdown spam

Grinlock was the first weapon I ever fully forma'd, The torid shortly after.  I use both relatively often (even though I have the option of using my latron prime, paris prime, and numerous other "better" weapons).  Honestly the only time you have to worry about what is the "best" weapon is when you are 50 waves deep in T4 defence.  For running anything else but endless mode, just about anything is viable with the right mods.  Grinlock is fun as hell, especially when you see a grineer, sprinting for his life across the room, sending potshots your way.  You line up the sights and.... bang, lever reload, he drops.  Very classy.

Torid got a nerf recently though with the way that toxic ancients now work and how they give toxic resistance to enemies around them.  I was kinda salty about that one actually since it I can no longer just pepper the pod with toxic grenades with one hand, while reading a book with the other. ;D

Does it also grant resistance to combined elements derived from Toxin damage?  There's no reason to use pure Toxin vs Infested anyway; it would be Gas or Corrosive. 

I formad my torid but it isn't enough to make it useful in most situation. I used heavy caliber and only made it more useless the damage spread only made the dot damage less concentrated. I also don't think the weapon should have most of its damage output on a projectile since it is a gas grenade launcher not a slug firing shotgun. The weapon needs the osprey gas trail or make the gas clouds. I actually love the weapon but it is a pain in the &#! to manage when I see my friends kill things with a ogris or a soma before it ever does dot damage, but if it had a huge radius some of the dot will be applied and enemies will be in it before they can run. I mean its original purpose was using ice damage to slow enemies and take the full extent of the damage and now enemies run through it before it takes any substantial effect.