Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade Sentinel

(PSN)LeviathanTM

Question

I have heard alot of people say that the Shade is really bad  about going invisible at the worst time. From everything I have seen from players using it, the Shade typically uses this ability when they are standing still. Is this accurate or is there another trick to using this ability?                 

6 answers to this question

I've used Shade a lot, like, a lot a lot.  However that doesn't make my thoughts on this matter perfect or inarguable by any stretch;

The Ghost precept activates on a sort of "wind up time"  It will never be cast instantaneously when the criteria for its casting are met.  This means that you could invalidate those criteria just as its actually activated and thusly deactivate it immediately.  Furthermore, it has a cooldown period during which it cannot be recast, meaning that a screw-up makes the sentinel effectively useless for X number of seconds.

* Shade needs glasses but cannot afford them.  He'll only cloak when he has clear view of an enemy.

That's the basic rule of thumb one needs to keep in mind whilst playing with Shade.  Getting a hang of monitoring his direction/location to maintain line of sight with foes allows for an incredibly extended cloak.

* Firing a gun or attacking with a melee weapon will break the cloak.  Using a frame ability will not.

This is the second part that is also quite important.  There are a lot of very gnarly things you can do by using this to your advantage, just use your imagination.  Generally speaking, while using shade you're best off not using his attack precept Revenge, him attacking is a waste of time and he can't attack while cloaked anyways.

My own personal ranking of the sentinels would be as follows, from best to worst;

Shade > Wyrm > Djinn > Helios > Carrier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dethcube

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

why no deathcube?

Dethcube is why there's no Dethcube in a way.  Now I've not used that sentinel in ages so something may have changed since then mind you, so take this knowing my experiences with said item are indeed potentially outdated.

Dethcube seems to have a slower targeting precept than the other sentinels.  This means he's straight up inferior to both Wyrm and Djinn who target new enemies swifter as well as the latter having far superior targeting range.  Beyond that, while Djinn has by far the worst unique precept, Dethcube's unique precept is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things to my playstyle.

Basically, because of how bad Dethcube is, I literally forgot to even put him on the list as his existence erased itself from my memory.  I'll edit him into the above post now.