Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe - Fencer

Davoodoo

What fencer should be good at?? Fencing ofc

1) Riposte - (25 energy) Assumes a defensive stance parrying attacks made at her(ranged or melee but not aoe like phorid scream) for next 5/7/10 seconds. After each parry she teleports to target and hits him with melee weapon then teleports back. Slower weapons have higher intervals between attacks( thought about 0.1s for fangs and about 0,4-0,5 for scindo without mods, also parries wont occur between attacks). Using this ability cancels Technique.

2) Provoke - (50 energy) Taunts a target for 3 seconds forcing it to attack a player and forcing him into melee stance(works simliar to loki radial disarm but on single target and with taunt mechanic, i feel like it should work on bosses yet shouldnt disarm them)

3) Technique - (50 energy) Assumes aggresive stance increasing rate of fire(both melee and ranged) and reload speed by 20/30/40%(im not sure about these numbers) for 5/10/15seconds.Increases movement speed by 10% for the duration. Using this ability cancels Riposte.

4) Blade Discipline - (100 energy) Marks targets in the surrounding area increasing melee dmg done to them by 50/75/100% for 10/15/20seconds, also all attacks made by caster ignore armor(again ranged too). Armour ignoring weapons(ranged too) gain extra 25% dmg increase against marked targets.

I felt that game lack melee support frame. This skill kit should let her tank with high skill usage while still being a good enough dmg dealer yet without ability to do both things at the same time. I think she should have low armor and hp but moderate shields and high energy capacity. Skills give balance and work for both melee and ranged without forcing players into any.

Also i have to thank matrixEXO for giving me idea how Provoke could work

Edited by Davoodoo

Ahh another great warframe idea. Support melee, I like that especially with how frantic high lvl melee gets. I also gave a name to another warframe of eastern idea, please allow me to suggest some with yours. Fencer, usually denoted for fencing with the french. I will avoid "Musketeer" as that may just get confusing with muskets. The names we could choose (keep in line with "excalibur"):

Durendel/Durandal (male)

Joyeuse (female)

Flameberge (male?)

Almace (female?)

(there are a ton but I think those could fit as names)

With this style of her fighting, I'd keep it closer to a famous rapier. After all, a broadsword's style of fighting (i.e the Durendal) is different than that of a Rapier. I'd say to keep in line with the fencing/rapier theme merely because of the skill's atm. Riposte is a term more familiar with fencing whereas parry would be the rough equivalent if using a broadsword.

As far as extra names, if you're not interested in the whole "keep it with rapiers" bit and any mythos sword names are open:

Curtana (French)

Balmung (Eat me .Hack fanboys who knew nothing of the legend. It was cool before you knew about it). (Probably wouldn't use this since we already have Gram, which is essentially the same thing) (Norse)

Nothung (Same as above) (German)

Hrunting (Anglo-Saxon)

Naegling (Anglo-Saxon)

Dyrnwyn (Celtic)

Nagelring (German)

Arondight (British)

Clarent (British)

Galatine (British)

Secace (British)

Almace (French)

Balisarda (French)

Colada (Spain)

Lobera (Spain)

Tizona (Spain)

That's the list I can remember anyway....there's probably more. I'd personally enjoy Secace or Arondlight simply because they're swords that were used by Lancelot. Figured it'd be cool to have one of those along with Excalibur.