Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still No Word On How Kubrows Mature?

autrix02

The Kubrow situation is lame and amateur. It's pretty disappointing that they are currently unusable with no indication of when they will be. That's got to be the WORST way to release new content (yes, even worse than RNG grind wall).

The Kubrow situation is lame and amateur. It's pretty disappointing that they are currently unusable with no indication of when they will be. That's got to be the WORST way to release new content (yes, even worse than RNG grind wall).

The best bet is 3 days after hatch and I believe it's the most reliable one as it's almost been two days since mine and the whole argument "takes three days for Warframe" seems legit i guess.

Literally a day after the update. For all anybody knows the whole Kubrow system could be changed in future. I get the frustration with waiting for maturity after rushing the Tech development. The fact is the whole building system is probably the weakest point of the game - any other game, you craft something, you get it there and then. This has been my biggest dislike of the game since April of 2013. However, I digress...

The point is, I get some people rushed it and are disappointed that they can't rush the maturity but that's the negative. You know this game is all about time constraints, walls and barriers slowing your progression. You should know by now you won't win with the Platinum system. Instead of moaning about it, and going straight to the default "DE have no idea, they're awful...I could totally do a better job" you're going to have to deal like the rest of us. They might change it...it's a brand new thing. Put your dummy back in and play the game, the Kubrow system isn't the only content the game has to offer.

Man, I don't rant often but all this "I deserve more" attitude...

The best bet is 3 days after hatch and I believe it's the most reliable one as it's almost been two days since mine and the whole argument "takes three days for Warframe" seems legit i guess.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's a day or two. But with no option to speed it up for plat, there's no reason to make us wait - it's a purely artificial wall and there's not even a wait timer.

i hope the rumors are not true and DE not lied to us,but its suspicous that no one answers about the kubrow thig,maybe they arent finished them yet  and De doesnt want us to know it,i hope its not true

Would be par for the course for DE.

Fun,y I thought people were going to complain about how buggy the Kubrows were. I gave this game too much credit. Instead, players aren't even able to access their dogs and they don't know how long it will take.

Literally a day after the update. For all anybody knows the whole Kubrow system could be changed in future. I get the frustration with waiting for maturity after rushing the Tech development. The fact is the whole building system is probably the weakest point of the game - any other game, you craft something, you get it there and then. This has been my biggest dislike of the game since April of 2013. However, I digress...

The point is, I get some people rushed it and are disappointed that they can't rush the maturity but that's the negative. You know this game is all about time constraints, walls and barriers slowing your progression. You should know by now you won't win with the Platinum system. Instead of moaning about it, and going straight to the default "DE have no idea, they're awful...I could totally do a better job" you're going to have to deal like the rest of us. They might change it...it's a brand new thing. Put your dummy back in and play the game, the Kubrow system isn't the only content the game has to offer.

Agreed.

I can't help but feel that you've misunderstood me and my reasoning. I am in no way saying I could run a better show nor demanding better treatment. If I was doing that I'd start bragging about how I'm a grand master and supported the game and therefore not only should but need to be catered to and use my closed alpha and closed beta experience as reason to be put in charge or alike.

But I truly abhor such things. The main point I wish to make, speaking for myself, is that they've executed their idea very badly. What might've been planned as, just as you put it something that should take time, proved to be an annoyance through primarily the "partly rush" - what's the idea of offering an rush on the egg if you can't do anything with the puppy and gotta wait for it to mature anyhow? This creates confusion, especially with them refusing to speak about it.

I'm in no way saying they are bad and have no idea what they're doing, I'm merely raising my concern and questioning their actions. I have no such default mod and I'm merely trying to achieve just what you ended your post with; It's a brand new thing and might change. If we don't raise our frustrations it actually won't change..

And finally regarding it not being the only content the game has to offer, it's certainly something in an league of it's own and not something as petty as a new weapon or warframe. But an entire collection/system of various pets which offer new kinds of mods that allow them to unlock lockers to dig and allow you to breed your own.

TL;DR

If we don't talk about it, it won't change and they won't be aware it's in need of change.

livestream 33 dev scott stated they wont be telling us because they want us to have the feels of logging in and suddenly BAM GIANT KUBROW 

also youre getting your adult kubrow 8 hrs earlier than u would have like players with no plat 

and thats also eight hrs sooner we can start selling imprints

Mature kubrows coming in the next update You can be glad that you got a little cub for the time, when they are done with the real they will implement it.

That, assuming it's true, would be an gross error on their part of selling an incomplete feature, charging platinum for it all the way, while advertising it and making it seem as a completed and fully functioning system. I mean, the loading screen features an adult Kubrow and there are tons o Kubrow mods to be found.

Some people argued the Kubrows were supposed to be the very core in bringing in new players, think an never ending wait like this could prove to be the opposite.

I can't help but feel that you've misunderstood me and my reasoning. I am in no way saying I could run a better show nor demanding better treatment. If I was doing that I'd start bragging about how I'm a grand master and supported the game and therefore not only should but need to be catered to and use my closed alpha and closed beta experience as reason to be put in charge or alike.

But I truly abhor such things. The main point I wish to make, speaking for myself, is that they've executed their idea very badly. What might've been planned as, just as you put it something that should take time, proved to be an annoyance through primarily the "partly rush" - what's the idea of offering an rush on the egg if you can't do anything with the puppy and gotta wait for it to mature anyhow? This creates confusion, especially with them refusing to speak about it.

I'm in no way saying they are bad and have no idea what they're doing, I'm merely raising my concern and questioning their actions. I have no such default mod and I'm merely trying to achieve just what you ended your post with; It's a brand new thing and might change. If we don't raise our frustrations it actually won't change..

And finally regarding it not being the only content the game has to offer, it's certainly something in an league of it's own and not something as petty as a new weapon or warframe. But an entire collection/system of various pets which offer new kinds of mods that allow them to unlock lockers to dig and allow you to breed your own.

TL;DR

If we don't talk about it, it won't change and they won't be aware it's in need of change.

I apologise if that seemed aimed at you, it's more of a sweeping statement. Mainly because every visit to these forums usually ends up in seeing post after post about every fault in the game and how people think they can design a game better than the people who do it for a living. Feedback is all well and good but some ideas such as a few posts up about 'lack of information' and that 'it doesn't seem fair to spend my credits, materials and platinum for something I'm not sure on' (Not the quote word for word) seems ridiculous to me.

I mean, DE have done it like every other game: Introduce a new system, show the clear basics then you figure out the rest through progression. That's why most games end up having guides...if you don't wanna figure it out yourself you go to a 3rd party source to get the information you can't be bothered finding out yourself. Yet when DE do it, it's slated like it's some new concept of not giving the information for how long it takes for a Kubrow to mature. God forbid any of these players try out Dark Souls, they wouldn't get past the Asylum Demon.

However, I do agree partly rushing it and then not having the option to doesn't make sense. But if we're honest for a second the entirety of Warframe is geared towards milking the cash shop as much as possible (And F2P isn't a defense because there are plenty of games that do it better). The ideal would be for them to remove the delayed building times all together and concentrate more on cosmetics in the Market, but that's not going to happen. At least I doubt it from the direction they've clearly gone.

As far as feedback though, I do basically agree, but as said above...I'm just personally getting fed up with the sour attitude of some players. Sure DE might not get it perfect but just bashing them with no actual thought out criticism is such an arsey move.

tl;dr - Sorry. Platinum sucks. Feedback's cool but not when it's just bashing DE with no real criticism.

My thoughts on kubrows so far...

They're well animated adorable little fuzzballs.

Dislikes:

The need to commit feral kubrow genocide in hopes of the Bite mod... and seeing a rare mod drop only to get an ability mod instead.

The lack of information in general, but mostly how long it takes a kubrow pup to mature into something we can actually use.

Inability to carry more than one kubrow egg at a time

Only two imprints can be made from each kubrow, preventing cloning/ability to "give" your exact kubrow to a friend.

Unknowns/Need more info:

Can we use a matured kubrow and have one incubating/maturing?  If not, breeding will be a major pain.

Expensive and requires upkeep to maintain maximum potential... may not necessarily be bad if the kubrow pets are very good.

Do we always get the kubrow specific ability mods when we hatch that type for the first time (or every time)?

-if the above is true, why the heck are the ability mods cluttering up the mod drop pool for feral kubrows?

How does breeding work?  Do we need two imprints because one is used for color/pattern while the other is used for kubrow type?

Well, the majority of people in this topic pointed out good reasons for what they posted.

You said your personally fed up with rage feedback, this isn't rage feedback.

Didn't mention 'rage feedback' once. 

I apologise if that seemed aimed at you, it's more of a sweeping statement. Mainly because every visit to these forums usually ends up in seeing post after post about every fault in the game and how people think they can design a game better than the people who do it for a living. Feedback is all well and good but some ideas such as a few posts up about 'lack of information' and that 'it doesn't seem fair to spend my credits, materials and platinum for something I'm not sure on' (Not the quote word for word) seems ridiculous to me.

I mean, DE have done it like every other game: Introduce a new system, show the clear basics then you figure out the rest through progression. That's why most games end up having guides...if you don't wanna figure it out yourself you go to a 3rd party source to get the information you can't be bothered finding out yourself. Yet when DE do it, it's slated like it's some new concept of not giving the information for how long it takes for a Kubrow to mature. God forbid any of these players try out Dark Souls, they wouldn't get past the Asylum Demon.

However, I do agree partly rushing it and then not having the option to doesn't make sense. But if we're honest for a second the entirety of Warframe is geared towards milking the cash shop as much as possible (And F2P isn't a defense because there are plenty of games that do it better). The ideal would be for them to remove the delayed building times all together and concentrate more on cosmetics in the Market, but that's not going to happen. At least I doubt it from the direction they've clearly gone.

As far as feedback though, I do basically agree, but as said above...I'm just personally getting fed up with the sour attitude of some players. Sure DE might not get it perfect but just bashing them with no actual thought out criticism is such an arsey move.

tl;dr - Sorry. Platinum sucks. Feedback's cool but not when it's just bashing DE with no real criticism.

I'm glad we see eye to eye on the fundamentals. Normally I'd be agreeing on everything you've just written. But. the Kubrows feel like they're too important and something I personally am far too eager to get my hands on. And that's the very reason DE seems to receive so much hate and negativity around it. The newest Warframe addition for example only so far seems to have gotten some few time constraint removal complains but other then that people look favorable towards the whole deal with no info from DE and third party guides are welcomed.

But upon examining it from a neutral perspective, I can see that they would want to time constrain the this new system as all previous Warframes could be obtained instantly through the usage of platinum. This way they're denying people the convenience, so much for the whole "Pay for Convince instead of win" module ;) but once again, not executed well. Could give the Kubrow but make you wait to customize them or alike from the top of my head.

I also have the fullest of respect for not wanting any pure complaints without any value or criticism that circle around. And I try my best to raise my humble opinion in the form of feedback which we both value, cheers mate.

Edited by Inquisitioner

I'm glad we see eye to eye on the fundamentals. Normally I'd be agreeing on everything you've just written. But. the Kubrows feel like they're too important and something I personally am far too eager to get my hands on. And that's the very reason DE seems to receive so much hate and negativity around it. The newest Warframe addition for example only so far seems to have gotten some few time constraint removal complains but other then that people look favorable towards the whole deal with no info from DE and third party guides are welcomed.

But upon examining it from a neutral perspective, I can see that they would want to time constrain the this new system as all previous Warframes could be obtained instantly through the usage of platinum. This way they're denying people the convenience, so much for the whole "Pay for Convince instead of win" module ;) but once again, not executed well. Could give the Kubrow but make you wait to customize them or alike from the top of my head.

I also have the fullest of respect for not wanting any pure complaints without any value or criticism that circle around. And I try my best to raise my humble opinion in the form of feedback which we both value, cheers mate.

I'm glad we see eye to eye too and I do get how precious of an update the Kubrow system is to people I just wish they'd have less of a doom and gloom attitude straight off the bat. I guess it's more a lack of patience than anything.

It just cuts the time in half since you rush the incubation stage but then you wait for the kubrow to become an adult. I think personally that is alright but for some they feel that "I rush this i get big dog". Just wait it out it shouldn't be too long.

Sure you can rush other stuff with plat but you want to rush the kubrow stage and not see it as a puppy first?

Yes. I want a big dog beside me mauling Grineer. The puppy stage thing is cute for a bit and then it just becomes a shallow chore of scratch her ears and make sure her DNA doesn't crumble apart.

I see that I am the odd-man-out here. I for one shelled out platinum every step of the way for my Kubrow & in no way shape, form, or fashion do I have a problem with waiting for this bugger to mature. And this was, for me, by far the most sought after feature of this update. 

You paid the plat to hatch the egg into a baby, not to get a full grown kubrow from an egg...that would be ridiculous....

You saved time getting it to hatch, but you can't rush raising a puppy....stop complaining and looking for instant gratification...the ladies will thank you for that when you get older..

And people you do business with will thank you when you get older for being a complacent consumer willing to get arbitrarily shafted without communication as to why.

Why would it be ridiculous? Are you in the habit of buying products that you can't use for an indeterminable period of time?

I agree that people should be patient and wait; but DE should have communicated better exactly how they work before accepting money for them. There should either be a timer or some text stating it takes x amount of time to mature.

As for your raising a puppy comment... pretty sure that logic is absolutely pointless considering it's a video game about alien space ninjas with magical powers. It's a video game and they are digital goods and the defined perimeters of how they work are 100% in their control, so please stop trying to cite real world examples of why things shouldn't work without explanation k?

'I want to rush through content so I can have it all instantly then complain the week after about how there's nothing to do.'

You guys can be as backwards as tumblr sometimes.

Do tell how having a puppy sitting in your ship but not being able to use it qualifies as any sort of meaningful content?

At least with stuff in the foundry you have a bar to look at to see progress; but even that is laughable to claim as content.

Pretty sure wanting to use that Kubrow *IS* asking for usable content.

Edited by Bakim0n0