Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Players Will Understand...

XeroPeace

As it currently stands, I do not use Shield Polarize at all. Why? Because it's far easier to just pick someone up than to try and pan around to them and aim at them to see what their shield is. You want me to be a team shield generator? Display teammates shield and hp bars on the side without me having to press a button to see info. I currently have tab set as my keybind for bringing up the playerlist, but I rarely use it and if I recall correctly there's no info about shields on there.

Alternatively, have characters have a single bar above their head that has hp and shield. The bar is blue for shield and once it's knocked off, the red for hp is revealed. As the hp is depleted, the bar shows empty space where hp was.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=138101477

IMO the problem is not actually the lack of information on the Team List (Z)... is the fact that when you press is, you enter a "pause" and can't do nothing until you release the button.

Even if it has the correct full information of shield % and HP % and even Stamina %, the fact that is completely pauses the game while the team list is shown completely blows.

If, DE adds the shield info and stuff, i would like to ask to have displayed in numbers insteand of a Bar (smaller window) and make the window a normal window like when lotus is complaining on the left side of the screen, that you can see it, and still move.

It would be fine if the Z button didn't pause you like the above user commented, but does the Z button show shield information? I can swear I can't see shields when I do that.

I'm sure DE will address this eventually, but for now voice communication is your best option ;)

Honestly I think the main problem is that Shield Polarization kinda blows. 50 energy for a not-even-full shield recharge on a single ally is just not worth it, even if it were the most user-friendly thing in the world, which it isn't.

Either way ui problems limit the use of every friendly targeting ability, I would love to have a party ui that showed hp, shield and power that i could leave on. It would make things easier across the board and improve the usability on multiple abilities without actually changing them. It would also allow them to see which of these need actual modification afterwards.

In groups, I tend to play more aggressively with a Mag than being support. Shield Polarize I do use occasionally on enemies with strong shields, but I seldom throw it on an ally unless they call out "my shields are down."

Having the dual utility in that respect works well for me; likely because for me it is primarily an offensive shield-stripping skill, and secondarily a shield booster for an ally.

In groups, I tend to play more aggressively with a Mag than being support. Shield Polarize I do use occasionally on enemies with strong shields, but I seldom throw it on an ally unless they call out "my shields are down." Having the dual utility in that respect works well for me; likely because for me it is primarily an offensive shield-stripping skill, and secondarily a shield booster for an ally.

While I definitely agree with you I think this is a prime example of the issue, you can't really use it on an ally without going to quite a bit of effort to find out yourself or someone calling it out. If there was a permanent party ui that you could enable that would allow you to view them you could proactively use it on allies more often without being prompted to.

Edited by plznohurtme

Another option might be to enable seeing the color effects on other frames.  What I mean is when your own shield goes down, you know you flash red.  If someone else shield goes down, if they would get that red outline for a moment, then you would know on the fly who has downed shields.

Of course shields being down is a little bit late to use the power effectively.  Better that they don't lose any hp, so maybe if there were warning colors.

Of course the info would make the code a bit more network intensive.  Who knows what it might do to the connections.

The speed of the game tends to make heeling and boosting powers that require a target to be undoing their effectiveness.

I play Trinity and Mag, and there is definitely value in improving the UI for support abilities.  I'd love to see the Z team list (which I discovered completely by accident) be a toggle that stays on or off.  Like others have noted, holding Z pausing all other action is a little clunky.

IMO the problem is not actually the lack of information on the Team List (Z)... is the fact that when you press is, you enter a "pause" and can't do nothing until you release the button.

Actually, a combination could be made. They display the team info and when you press z (I use tab) you enter this "pause mode" where your mouse pops up so you can mouse over a person's name to target them if they are close enough, then cast your friendly ability. I play LoL and you can cast on friendly players by casting an ability that will target allies while having your mouse over the teammate's icon you wish to target.

Actually, a combination could be made. They display the team info and when you press z (I use tab) you enter this "pause mode" where your mouse pops up so you can mouse over a person's name to target them if they are close enough, then cast your friendly ability. I play LoL and you can cast on friendly players by casting an ability that will target allies while having your mouse over the teammate's icon you wish to target.

Honestly there's just no reason to make it complex... just have a party ui that you can turn on or off and leave it at that... it's not exactly rocket science here.

the alternative is to make the shield ability mono target offensive, with an aoe component defensively. Charging all allied shields in a radius would make the targeting point less frustrating. (though not ideal since you have to be sure you don't accidently target an enemy)

Still, a better cell status information source would improve the game UI greatly.

+1 vote for unit frames, please! As a mag & trinity player, that would really help! Bonus if it tells me whether they're in range of my powers but not necessary because I've just about got eyeballing it down, though running without Reach can mess me up.