Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map Variety

VanHuek

I've seen a few posts that mention new maps but I think the thing that is currently severely inhibiting gameplay of Warframe is map variety; don't get me wrong the game is amazing. After a way the game does start to feel slightly repetitive as many missions are the same only with a very slight different objective but it is always running along the same corridor.

What is needed?

More environments to differentiate planets with more buildings and more exterior fighting. New gamemodes with more interactive parts like the zipwire, lifts etc... but not in the same layout. I could go into more detail but I will see what others think first.

I do agree with you. the "Spaceship" and "Asteroid" levels are fun, but they do get repetitive. I would love to see a "unique" map pack per planet, but I know how much of an undertaking that would be to create, but a few more Map Packs would be awesome. Personally I would love to play a few exterior levels on the ruined earth, or a "terraformed" mars, or even levels incorporating water/swimming for neptune. I know the game is still in Beta, but I can dream right....

Environments that would make sense....

Mercury and Venus = Volcanoes + a heated outdoor... have red skies.

Earth = Random season (Cold maps, spring, bright sun, or heavy winds)

Mars = Cold maps or Bright sun (landscape being what it would look like)

Jupiter = Sandstorms (It is a planet that gets constant sandstorms... why not get the environment like that?)

Pluto =.... Well it's always going to be a cold map (farthest from the sun)... but have at least once in a while be Bright for when it's close to the sun (oval revolution)

Its not like that we already have several threads about more map variety isnt it..... I mean why do we always have to repeat the same things. The devs are aware of this. They will add new maps for sure. No need to create threads about new environment every two days....

Even as just a simple start to it, new rooms. Right now, the same rooms are pieced together in different ways for different levels. A new room would only take a few minutes to create, and you can throw it into a lot of different places. If this were done in a larger scale, say 20 to 30 new rooms, the entire game would change and allow for greater variety, without taking very much effort to create.

Its not like that we already have several threads about more map variety isnt it..... I mean why do we always have to repeat the same things. The devs are aware of this. They will add new maps for sure. No need to create threads about new environment every two days....

If we keep seeing threads like this, it means this is what the community is interested in. That's the whole point of the forums. The more threads of this sort we see, the higher priority it is to the community. Don't whine about the forums doing their job.

If we keep seeing threads like this, it means this is what the community is interested in. That's the whole point of the forums. The more threads of this sort we see, the higher priority it is to the community. Don't whine about the forums doing their job.

Doing their job? Oh boy. Creating the 5324535 about a topic doesnt make it usefull... The devs already saw that there is interest about new maps. No need to suggest something obvious. but well. Doesnt matter what I say. People will always ignore the search function.... Its the internet. Why do I even bother.....

Contrary to popular belief the DEVs are working on expanding the tilesets.

As for "It takes only a few minutes to create a new tile"... WRONG. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration when creating new tiles. Placement for various objects needs to be thought through to make the tiles usable in different environments or with different factions. Plus you'd probably need several variations of the same tile for fire/cold/infested maps.

Just assume that even for a professional level designer it will take at least a day or two of work to create a single tile plus its variations.

Add to this that the tiles need to be put into the game, that the map generating algorithms will need to be told about that tile and where it can / cannot be placed, that things need to be tested and retested until they fit in perfectly. Assume at least another week or two for that.

Further assume that, based on the testing, tiles need to be reworked, changed, finetuned, etc. and finally retested. That will take even more time.

Conclusion:

Adding, say, a dozen tiles to the game will take several people several weeks of hard work to complete.

Contrary to popular belief the DEVs are working on expanding the tilesets.

As for "It takes only a few minutes to create a new tile"... WRONG. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration when creating new tiles. Placement for various objects needs to be thought through to make the tiles usable in different environments or with different factions. Plus you'd probably need several variations of the same tile for fire/cold/infested maps.

Just assume that even for a professional level designer it will take at least a day or two of work to create a single tile plus its variations.

Add to this that the tiles need to be put into the game, that the map generating algorithms will need to be told about that tile and where it can / cannot be placed, that things need to be tested and retested until they fit in perfectly. Assume at least another week or two for that.

Further assume that, based on the testing, tiles need to be reworked, changed, finetuned, etc. and finally retested. That will take even more time.

Conclusion:

Adding, say, a dozen tiles to the game will take several people several weeks of hard work to complete.

This man deserves some internets for his great post =)