Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Vs Pve Debate

nohwone

Alright, now while i was waiting for the third live stream to start, alot of players were talking about the pvp being good and being bad, and while i tried to implement both good and bad sides of pvp. there are still some arrogant players(hot headed sorelosers) who dislike pvp and say it will ruin the game and there are some players who say that it will be good and might even add more fun to the game. and some say "meh, whatever the devs want to do".

(not actual quote but it can be noticed from some of the reactions).

so to all the DEs who will see this topic please i am kindly asking you to be the judge, or even participate and comment about the pvp vs pve arguement that has been boggling alot of players even those whom wish to only settle the quarrel.

this post will be on a debate form.

if anyone wishes to comment be sure that it has complete sense and relation to the topic.puns and small jokes are allowed as long they do not stray from this topic. and if anyone wishes to reply to a player use either the quote or the multi quote option. and as much as possible please refrain from using words that is uncommon to others and do not use shortcuts as it may lead to mis understandings. And proper use of commas is very important, also please re read the replies or comments before you reply to them.

and please

REFRAIN FROM COMPARING OTHER GAMES TO WARFRAME UNLESS ITS ABOUT THE GAMES PVP SYSTEM!

and now i will start.

the topic of PVP is can be an annoying hindrance but it can also be something that others can get along. The idea of PVP to me is not that bad nor is it good, i am no good PVP player but it can help remove the stress of the farming of materials, but it can also bring out the worst in people. the constant raging and the swearing because of a loss, there are always ups and downs but people should always look at both of them. if the developers focus to much on the PVP then they might lose track on the PVE and it will be left behind, that is why its best if that the PVP be implemented later in game until they have more devs to handle the PVP part. now others, don't get me wrong, i really like the PVE its wonderful and i love it, but sometimes finding a squad can be hard, especially the good ones, but soloing is fun too along with the stealth kills and going all guns blazing johnny rambo on them, rescuing fellow tennos, sabotaging the enemy's database and ship and what not.

PVP can be a good marketing move, it might attract more players, but it might lessen the player base (sorelosers) but, from what i have noticed in some of the topics and chats, is that some players say, they might quit if the PVP wont be implemented, i mean quitting an awesome game for such a reason is an awful one, but it struck me that that player might not be the only player who thinks the same, and sure there are players who think PVP is awful and they might quit if the game gets pvp, and some even complain about the devs having to nerf the game and warframes because of the unbalanced warframe skills, i for one think that the skills might and might not be a bad idea, i mean sure there are some that are over powered, and some that lack direct combat abilities, if the developers were to turn the classic 1v1 PVP into a team PVP it would implement the co-op system that the developers want, and there should be no balancing of teams, because it can help more strategies rise, sure loki's radial disarm prevents players from using ranged weps, then they could just melee them or avoid or hope that the range is not large, and ash's 4th skill where he kills everything insight, they could just reduce the skills that are over powered instead of the whole game.

Now PVP, it comes to some players as "killing each other" now the tenno are a dying race and need to stick together and fight as one, but to those who are creative, it can be some sort of contest, like an art contest or a spelling be, now wouldn't those examples be of PVP person vs person? PVP doesnt necessarily mean you'd have to kill them, the PVP system that the developers could implement be a series of contests, like marksman ship where two competing clans chose their best player equipped with paris, and try to hit a target getting farther and farther away.

there will always be good and bad, right and wrong, up and down, but we should always look at them both to see and know what effects they will bring.

now post your reasons

Its easy. The game was designed as a PVE game. The skills are not made for humans, they were made for AI. The devs actually dont like direct PVP. end of the story. Do we really need the 234252552 thread about pvp..... The devs are aware of this and they want to add some kind of competition between players with leader boards and such stuff. Not every game need direct pvp....

Edited by Venarge

there are still some arrogant players(hot headed sorelosers) who dislike pvp and say it will ruin the game and there are some players who say that it will be good and might even add more fun to the game. and some say "meh, whatever the devs want to do".

(not actual quote but it can be noticed from some of the reactions).

I stopped right there, not sure if troll or serious... A biased and arrogant opener is never a good way to initiate a debate, and your lack of understanding of the anti-pvp crowds' arguments shows that you either have no idea about the matter at hand at all, or just don't care enough to read before you post.

If anything, you are the soreloser for endlessly trying to force your personally preferred game mode upon a game where it won't work at all.

Edited by Korevas

if you want pvp go play a god damn pvp game

Please calm down mate, I hate PVP probably as much as you do, but really, there is no point in arguing. PVP is something inevitable(sadly for me), let's enjoy the current PVE game and hope that in the future PVP won't ruin it.

Be nice.

Its easy. The game was designed as a PVE game. The skills are not made for humans, they were made for AI. The devs actually dont like direct PVP. end of the story. Do we really need the 234252552 thread about pvp..... The devs are aware of this and they want to add competitive pvp with leader boards and such stuff. Not every game need direct pvp....

The devs are aware of this and they want to add competitive pvp with leader boards and such stuff. Not every game need direct pvp....

.. devs are aware of this and they want to add competitive pvp with leader boards and such stuff.

they want to add competitive pvp with leader boards

130221984383.png

See FAQ for current official answer.

Basically, they're focusing on PvE right now, and they do not have the resources to develop PvP without shifting devs from making PvE content, which is their current focus. Yes, they could make PvP, yes they could separate it so completely from PvE that nothing done in PvP affects PvE content, in any way. No they could not implement PvP without pushing back some PvE content.

Maybe they will make PvP content some day (see FAQ), but again, it will be done at the expense of some time and money that could have been spent on PvE content.

Edited it to make it not so confusing ^^

Competitions between players. Who kills the most in 10 sec or whatever....

Ah, so you mean, competentive pve? This is of course, is something different, I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up.

But still, I havent heard anything about such a quote O: ..

Edited by calgon

The devs should give them PVP as soon as possible so that we can forever end these discussions, HERE IS MY IDEA:

- give them a huge arena, no player limit

- the host can be one unlucky player, it will shift between players though so that they can all get the experience

- let them all kill each other in the same arena while bathing in a sea of lag, low framerate and dead/overheated pc components.

This should cure them of their need for PVP, forever. And it won't require much work from the devs.

I'm just joking.

Edited by Kohira

The devs should give them PVP as soon as possible so that we can forever end these discussions, HERE IS MY IDEA:

- give them a huge arena, no player limit

- the host can be one unlucky player, it will shift between players though so that they can all get the experience

- let them all kill each other in the same arena while bathing in a sea of lag, low framerate and dead/overheated pc components.

This should cure them of their need for PVP, forever. And it won't require much work from the devs.

I'm just joking.

As funny as your idea is. I would actually do something like that. Adding a dojo fight 1 on 1 would be enough to add pvp. people can kill each other and our forum will be free from further pvp threads

Edited it to make it not so confusing ^^

Competitions between players. Who kills the most in 10 sec or whatever....

Asymmetry can be a good way to go about it.

That being said they could quite easily reuse some of their work with Dark Sector's multiplayer, doing something like the Infection mode except swapping in a Stalker warframe.

FAQ by STEVE

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

so again... by the devs" yet"

i miss some pvp action but not that much, at least for now, but why all the hating? i really don't get it. PVP wouldn't be something forced. It would be something optional. Like some off planet that you'd go only if you want to participate in open pvp. Still in that PVE format, there could be some Squad x Squad missions where Squads would meet each other on the same planet while doing their missions each with it's objectives in order to see who would complete it first, getting a xp bonus or random mod or something like that. There would still be grineers, corpus, infested, enemies in the planets, but during this kind of missions a lot more/ harder ones.

FAQ by STEVE

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

i miss some pvp action but not that much, at least for now, but why all the hating? i really don't get it. PVP wouldn't be something forced. It would be something optional. Like some off planet that you'd go only if you want to participate in open pvp. Still in that PVE format, there could be some Squad x Squad missions where Squads would meet each other on the same planet while doing their missions each with it's objectives in order to see who would complete it first, getting a xp bonus or random mod or something like that. There would still be grineers, corpus, infested, enemies in the planets, but during this kind of missions a lot more/ harder ones.

Oh you mean 8 people on a mission/in PVP wouldnt lag like hell?

the skills arent simply made for PVP.... and besides that. You know that adding a "good" PVP will take so much time they could actually use to make new content for the main game.....

As funny as your idea is. I would actually do something like that. Adding a dojo fight 1 on 1 would be enough to add pvp. people can kill each other and our forum will be free from further pvp threads

Sounds good enough, the only problem is that they would flood the forums with balance threads. Still, this could manage to shut them up about the PVP, at least most of them. And the balance threads could easily be ignored. They should just give them the dojo in the next update, or the one after it, and give them more PVP content/changes after 1/2 years :)

Edited by Kohira

well thank you all for your comments and your suggestions, yes i guess i was being a bit biased to the pvp by calling them sore losers, but hate can be hard to put away when you try to talk to those who are so focused on one thing and one thing only, and i apologize if i didnt check about the topic of the pvp before, and it is also up to everyone else if they want to see this thread as a "PVP itself" or just someone who really wants a simple formal discussion about this topic, and again i am truly sorry if i seemed biased, but i also hoped that everyone read everything that is typed.

FAQ by STEVE

thankyou for posting this, i knew i have seen it in the forums before.

Now PVP, it comes to some players as "killing each other" now the tenno are a dying race and need to stick together and fight as one, but to those who are creative, it can be some sort of contest, like an art contest or a spelling be, now wouldn't those examples be of PVP person vs person? PVP doesnt necessarily mean you'd have to kill them, the PVP system that the developers could implement be a series of contests, like marksman ship where two competing clans chose their best player equipped with paris, and try to hit a target getting farther and farther away.

there will always be good and bad, right and wrong, up and down, but we should always look at them both to see and know what effects they will bring.

i also forgot to mention why i posted this here, i not only wanted to clear the topic of PVP but i would also like others to post suggestions about having a different style of pvp, one which is unique to other online games