Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience Of Update 14

Ven_Tira

I'm afraid of Mercury now, I pray for NPE-me's safety.

Ergh. Even the Mobile Defense mission is nasty, too.

But that's because I'm alone, and I've gotten like, no mods ever. So my Excal is stuck using lvl 0 Radial Blind and lvl 0 slash dash.

Yeah, the levels you unlock after beingt Caloris and Elion is where Mercury get's evil.

Edited by Talithan

So far, I have actually learned something new. apparently you can shoot the jetpacks off of the backs of grineer soldiers.

Though, from a NP pov, I am so far unimpressed with this game's AI. I killed an enemy right in front of his friend and the other guy didn't so much as flinch. Another thing I found was hacking isn't explained, like at all. There is nothing about hacking, what it's used for, or what the system is.

So far, I have actually learned something new. apparently you can shoot the jetpacks off of the backs of grineer soldiers.

Though, from a NP pov, I am so far unimpressed with this game's AI. I killed an enemy right in front of his friend and the other guy didn't so much as flinch. Another thing I found was hacking isn't explained, like at all. There is nothing about hacking, what it's used for, or what the system is.

Good, good. Keep finding things that can be addressed. More material we got, the better :U

While I hate to bump, I do feel this needs to be addressed, so I might just edit this post but:

The Tower defense bit, the second mission, has no explanation about what the tower is, how I'm supposed to defend it, or what the 100% thing in the middle top of my screen means.

Also, Im thinking about how I'll feel when I discover the Paris, Kunai, and Bo which I chose are not actual weapons and that the real ones need to be crafted.

While I hate to bump, I do feel this needs to be addressed, so I might just edit this post but:

The Tower defense bit, the second mission, has no explanation about what the tower is, how I'm supposed to defend it, or what the 100% thing in the middle top of my screen means.

Also, Im thinking about how I'll feel when I discover the Paris, Kunai, and Bo which I chose are not actual weapons and that the real ones need to be crafted.

So you *don't* get to start with the weapons you choose? Huh.

So you *don't* get to start with the weapons you choose? Huh.

No, I mean that the weapons I have are weaker than what their actual counterpart is.

Also, at this point I'm starting to feel as though the game is starting to explain less. Another thing I have concerns with is why this weird wavy door likes to take all of my energy, and why there is seemingly nothing I can do about it.

EDIT: I'm told this is an MMO, but I have yet to meet another person. Why is that? The game doesn't actually explain the matchmaking settings or where to find them.)

EDIT 2: I'd like to give props to DE on this one. The tutorial for mods is actually quite excellent, and does a really good job of explaining each card's anatomy. My only wish with this is that the little Tutorial" button stood out more. 

Edited by ForgemasterHD

No, I mean that the weapons I have are weaker than what their actual counterpart is.

Also, at this point I'm starting to feel as though the game is starting to explain less. Another thing I have concerns with is why this weird wavy door likes to take all of my energy, and why there is seemingly nothing I can do about it.

EDIT: I'm told this is an MMO, but I have yet to meet another person. Why is that? The game doesn't actually explain the matchmaking settings or where to find them.

Damn, look at you, finding all the things. I'm still grinding Terminus on Mercury for whatever meager mods and levels I can get.

EDIT: I'm told this is an MMO, but I have yet to meet another person. Why is that? The game doesn't actually explain the matchmaking settings or where to find them.)

EDIT 2: I'd like to give props to DE on this one. The tutorial for mods is actually quite excellent, and does a really good job of explaining each card's anatomy. My only wish with this is that the little Tutorial" button stood out more. 

Where is the Tutorial button for mods, I can't find it :U

Nevermind, I found it.

Edited by Talithan