Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ai Can We Please Fix It?

LordLokai

Ya know i see a common tactic when it comes to the infested... and i have to say it bothers me. Just incase people dont know, the infested like to charge down at a player stopping for nothing, however if a player is elevated on a box for instance, the AI breaks. Anceints will stand there looking stupid, chargers wont jump up at you or climb the box, runners dont even explode on you(consistantly usually explode if you shoot them). Basically the primary tactic for dealing with infested seems to be " abuse the broken AI" i'd like to see this fixed. Chargers climbing boxes, runners exploding when they get close, and ancients having some ability to dislodge people from a box, heck make there reach ability pull you toward them(that would make so much more sense!).

Starting to bother me that the primary defense against this faction is " break the AI" its infuriating...

Starting to bother me that the primary defense against this faction is " break the AI" its infuriating...

It would be great if they could fix their AI...and while they are at it make the rollers actually do something else when you're on a box instead of just stopping at the base of the box and waiting for you to kill them?

AI improvements is something they have stated they are working on already.

And the AI doesn't always break when you are on a box, leapers tend to go after you still and ancients still use the knock back attack and the explosive ones will explode at the bottom of the box all of which can knock you off of it.

It does still need further work though, which hopefully isn't far away.

Sometimes its convenient when I have to play a map solo. But I`m for fixing that. Bosses also got pulls, charges, explosives so that you can`t exploit them. Hope they first fix the put a dummy on a box tactic.

J3-Golem really needs that fix.

As it is if you get on a box inside of his pull range he'll ineffectively throw grenades at you until you finish him off.

The AI isn't broken. You just can jump in places that are too high for them to jump or even attack. If you get on top of something that is within attack range of them, then they will attack you. Getting to higher ground when fighting someone who can only mellee but as a result uses huges numbers to easly overrun you is actually common sense. Think of it as being chased by a boar. Climb to a damn tree.