Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Permadeath Still A Thing?

TheStag

Question

In the patch notes of update 14.0.3, DERebecca stated,

"Kubrows are no longer subject to permadeath if they die on a mission without a Collar"

Does this mean a Kubrow can still be permanently killed? If so, that is utterly ridiculous. Kubrows are already a massive credit, resource, and time sink. If all the effort put into making a Kubrow can be wasted by taking it to a high level mission, then permadeath should be completely removed for them.

It would be much better if when they got "killed" in battle, they would retreat to extraction/liset and have to regenerate health over time. They would just need a few hours or something to recover. That would be 100x better than permadeath.

10 answers to this question

Only thing not fixed related to Kubrowdeath while in a mission is that you are not able to revive them. So if you play vs infested and they get too close to a toxic ancient or a toxic drone, well you can be pretty sure you will loose 40% loyalty. Also very nice if another Player activates the Lasers in Void Tower Defense and kills your Kubrow, also 40% less Loyalty. I lost over 120% Loyalty because of one tower defense and two toxic ancients and as interacting with them brings loyalty not up right now i can only recommend not to use Kubrows vs infested or in High Level mission until this is fixed.

I just hope they don't perma-die from mission death because the complaints I see about them basking in the lightning glow of arc traps and doing other not-so-smart things that get them killed would basically mean I'd never take them anywhere.

I just hope they don't perma-die from mission death because the complaints I see about them basking in the lightning glow of arc traps and doing other not-so-smart things that get them killed would basically mean I'd never take them anywhere.

We'd still have to level them somehow :/

You are aware that you CAN put them in stasis........ =/

Sorry but U13.7 here. What is stasis? So, there is a way to store away kubrows while you go on vacations?

A couple of questions

1) is this stasis thingy on your ship or the dojo?

2) putting your kubrow in stasis, does it affect it's loyalty to you in any way? Do you still need to feed it?

3) how long can you put it in stasis for? Will there be any upkeep cost for putting your kubrow in stasis?

4) any negative effects for stasis mode?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Sorry but U13.7 here. What is stasis? So, there is a way to store away kubrows while you go on vacations?

A couple of questions

1) is this stasis thingy on your ship or the dojo?

2) putting your kubrow in stasis, does it affect it's loyalty to you in any way? Do you still need to feed it?

3) how long can you put it in stasis for? Will there be any upkeep cost for putting your kubrow in stasis?

4) any negative effects for stasis mode?

Thanks in advance.

1) Stasis is in the ship.

2) No, you don't.

3)As long as you want.

4) A 3 hour wait time for it to recover from stasis.

Have a good day.