Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xp Gain Reduced By Nearly 75%? Why?

Zappax

Just why, this is ridiculous.Not like the whole game is about grinding already. What's the next step? Removing the fun things? Like flying from wall jump? Oh wait that happened. Melee copter? Soon... Lets see if Zephyr and Hydroid duration builds last until the next patch...

Edited by Zappax

I am unsure if it was just a mental thing, but we have no proof.

I have also felt the definite slowdown of leveling weapons, sentinels, and etc.

However, this is also due to not playing infested missions due to Ancients and mutalisk ospreys.

75% is an oddly specific number. Where did you get it?

can I get some sort of proof/screenshots plox :) 

I am unsure if it was just a mental thing, but we have no proof.

I have also felt the definite slowdown of leveling weapons, sentinels, and etc.

However, this is also due to not playing infested missions due to Ancients and mutalisk ospreys.

Just checked Sechura. Pluto Dark Sector Defense map. Before update the leaders used to give around 4-5k XP. Not only about 1200...

In that case this seems limited to only Leaders and not XP in general as your Topic seems to imply. Maybe edit to prevent the confusion?

Leaders dont appear that much, the other infested gives the rest of the xp. 10 waves and a half level for a level 16 karak? Thats not just the leader xp reward but all others. Also as i saw from kubrow farm, the affinity orb drops are now have higher chance. It's like they're trying to force us to loot everything possible.

I think Eximus type enemies were changed, so that they all give the same xp as a heavy unit (Tech/Grineer Heavy) of their own level would. It's a good thing for the lancers and crewmen, and a bad thing for all the infested, heavy units and MOAs. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the change, because I play Corpus survival missions a lot.

Nothing else has changed as far as I know, though.

I confirm the leader issue.

He's right, before a leader in a dark sector would give around 11000-12000 exp, and this is with my affinity booster. Now its no where near that amount, I feel for those who donr have a booster, leveling must be silly slow right now.

I think Eximus type enemies were changed, so that they all give the same xp as a heavy unit (Tech/Grineer Heavy) of their own level would. It's a good thing for the lancers and crewmen, and a bad thing for all the infested, heavy units and MOAs. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the change, because I play Corpus survival missions a lot.

Nothing else has changed as far as I know, though.

I agree, eximus units do not drop any extra exp anymore from what I see. Otherwise, exp drops seem to be the same.

DE already exclaimed that EXP gain will be a lot harder than before many months back, and they were right, with dark sectors and being able to unequip weapons and sentinels, players are earning EXP in hours, and its gonna break the game, warframe is based on progression, if we progress too quickly, DE will have to rush to bring new items to players in order for us to have fun and a good, and you guys see what happened to us in U14 release, many many bugs, and we were training so hard we needed that U14 release to come now, bringing on the stress to DE, so yea, DE definitely debuffed EXP gain way back in Mid Update 13. 

HOWEVER! EXP gain is still very quick, I can get a regular weapon leveled up to rank 30 in a day or in 4 hours, and a warframe can easily get to 30 in at most 2 weeks or lower, it is not hard to level guys, I prefer sechura pluto, or maybe you can do some quick and easy kubrow mod farming, they drop out tons of affinities, so leveling is like doing 10 min on a survival mission.

Now about the eximus excuse, people think that each eximus gives out the same amount of EXP, idk when this occured but its still the same for me. Eximus grants 5x the amount of XP its original version does. So an eximus lancer grants 348 EXP or around that range, thats about 3-5 times the original EXP gain of a lancer, which is 70-90. You guys either can't recognize the eximus or just don't have much luck finding them.

*update*

Oops, I didn't notice how eximus use to give out that "much" xp, yea, thats true, but then again, it would make the game unbalanced, and DE said they wouldn't reduce EXP gain, they only reduced the EXP bonus gain.

Edited by 9tailboy

Just why, this is ridiculous.Not like the whole game is about grinding already. What's the next step? Removing the fun things? Like flying from wall jump? Oh wait that happened. Melee copter? Soon... Lets see if Zephyr and Hydroid duration builds last until the next patch...

CTRL wall scaling and coptering have a huge part in making mobility mods obsoleted

Theyre luxuries nonetheless but now a bit more worthwhile

You could also you know..... Get creative with your parkour

Ad on top of that youre overreacting along with many others to try to shock DE into making a change

If youre going to make a point then make it

If youre going to exaggerate it then your argument loses footing quickly

DE already exclaimed that EXP gain will be a lot harder than before many months back, and they were right, with dark sectors and being able to unequip weapons and sentinels, players are earning EXP in hours, and its gonna break the game, warframe is based on progression, if we progress too quickly, DE will have to rush to bring new items to players in order for us to have fun and a good, and you guys see what happened to us in U14 release, many many bugs, and we were training so hard we needed that U14 release to come now, bringing on the stress to DE, so yea, DE definitely debuffed EXP gain way back in Mid Update 13. 

HOWEVER! EXP gain is still very quick, I can get a regular weapon leveled up to rank 30 in a day or in 4 hours, and a warframe can easily get to 30 in at most 2 weeks or lower, it is not hard to level guys, I prefer sechura pluto, or maybe you can do some quick and easy kubrow mod farming, they drop out tons of affinities, so leveling is like doing 10 min on a survival mission.

Now about the eximus excuse, people think that each eximus gives out the same amount of EXP, idk when this occured but its still the same for me. Eximus grants 5x the amount of XP its original version does. So an eximus lancer grants 348 EXP or around that range, thats about 3-5 times the original EXP gain of a lancer, which is 70-90. You guys either can't recognize the eximus or just don't have much luck finding them.

*update*

Oops, I didn't notice how eximus use to give out that "much" xp, yea, thats true, but then again, it would make the game unbalanced, and DE said they wouldn't reduce EXP gain, they only reduced the EXP bonus gain.

Idk about you but

One good ODD gets frames really far

Ever since dark sectors ODD is a it obsolete for EXP though

CTRL wall scaling and coptering have a huge part in making mobility mods obsoleted

Theyre luxuries nonetheless but now a bit more worthwhile

You could also you know..... Get creative with your parkour

Ad on top of that youre overreacting along with many others to try to shock DE into making a change

If youre going to exaggerate it then your argument loses footing quickly

Idk about you but

One good ODD gets frames really far

Ever since dark sectors ODD is a it obsolete for EXP though

I'm not talking about how to cover a distance with parkour. I'm talking about FUN.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but as i claimed before, if something is harder to kill then it's death should be more rewarding. What's next? Bosses giving 80 exp like common mobs?

Edited by Zappax

"You could also you know..... Get creative with your parkour

If youre going to exaggerate it then your argument loses footing quickly"

I'm not talking about how to cover a distance with parkour. I'm talking about FUN.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but as i claimed before, if something is harder to kill then it's death should be more rewarding. What's next? Bosses giving 80 exp like common mobs?

It gives more than common enemies

Theyre usually easier to kill than Heavy units unless they are heavy units with leader in which case they should give a bit more

You really want the Shock eximus that you take out with 1/100th of the damage of a heavy grineer unit to give 5x the EXP?

Speaking of EXP by the way

75% less is a bolt claim to make on the thread

Misleading through shock value to make people immediately think EXP was heavily nerfed when it was just leader units

Hmmm

It gives more than common enemies

Theyre usually easier to kill than Heavy units unless they are heavy units with leader in which case they should give a bit more

You really want the Shock eximus that you take out with 1/100th of the damage of a heavy grineer unit to give 5x the EXP?

Speaking of EXP by the way

75% less is a bolt claim to make on the thread

Misleading through shock value to make people immediately think EXP was heavily nerfed when it was just leader units

Hmmm

No.

I want the poison aura mobs that you can't block at all just kill it hive more.

I want the energy drain aura mobs that makes it pain in the &#! to be a warframe relying on energy give more.

I want the shield recharge mobs give more.

I want the elemental aura mobs that makes it nearly impossible to kill them if you are based on that specific element give more.

I want the life leech mobs that deal the same damage but tanky as hell and heals itself give more.

I want the fire blast mobs that can take down the whole team with one strike and open them up to be an easy kill give more.

You made example out of the shock eximus, but that's not the only one. It's the weakest one, the one that doesnt even appear that much, but there are others that makes it a real pain in the &#! to survive if the poison drones didn't already.

No.

I want the poison aura mobs that you can't block at all just kill it hive more.

I want the energy drain aura mobs that makes it pain in the @$$ to be a warframe relying on energy give more.

I want the shield recharge mobs give more.

I want the elemental aura mobs that makes it nearly impossible to kill them if you are based on that specific element give more.

I want the life leech mobs that deal the same damage but tanky as hell and heals itself give more.

I want the fire blast mobs that can take down the whole team with one strike and open them up to be an easy kill give more.

You made example out of the shock eximus, but that's not the only one. It's the weakest one, the one that doesnt even appear that much, but there are others that makes it a real pain in the @$$ to survive if the poison drones didn't already.

Shield recharge mobs are the weakest

They hardly do anything and are the elast threatening even in a crowd

Shock eximus for corpus appears far more often than leech and tend to be more dangerous so idk where you get that example from

And none of that changes your misleading title and OP looking for shock value