Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows And Scrambling

KraZKill

With the recent hotfix, DE took away scrambling to consider whether or not leaving it in will be a good idea, here's what i think:

There's 2 options:

Option 1: Keep scrambling out permanently. Why? Because since some people got so pissed at scrambling that they actually accuse DE of conforming to PW style development, and the fact that living creatures's colour shouldn't be customizable in the first place.

Option 2: Return the scrambler. Why? because as with any living thing, you're not going to get what you wanted 100%, and there are bound to be differences from you "dream kubrow." Keeping it in allows people who have the platinum have another chance, KNOWING THEY'RE TAKING A GAMBLE.

Why am i not even mentioning colour palettes? 

1: You shouldn't be able to hand pick a living creature's colours to 100% match your liking

2: What's the point of the breeding & DNA imprint system if everyone could just shell out X platinum for their dream kubrow?

Just my thoughts.

With the recent hotfix, DE took away scrambling to consider whether or not leaving it in will be a good idea, here's what i think:

There's 2 options:

Option 1: Keep scrambling out permanently. Why? Because since some people got so &!$$ed at scrambling that they actually accuse DE of conforming to PW style development, and the fact that living creatures's colour shouldn't be customizable in the first place.

Option 2: Return the scrambler. Why? because as with any living thing, you're not going to get what you wanted 100%, and there are bound to be differences from you "dream kubrow." Keeping it in allows people who have the platinum have another chance, KNOWING THEY'RE TAKING A GAMBLE.

1: You shouldn't be able to hand pick a living creature's colours to 100% match your liking

2: What's the point of the breeding & DNA imprint system if everyone could just shell out X platinum for their dream kubrow?

Just my thoughts.

But since you are genetically makeing your kubrow it should mean you have the capability to modify the DNA to have a specific fur pattern.    

There was no accusation of Digital Extremes conforming to Perfect World's entertainment style.

What was stated was that Digital Extremes had taken a step towards the business strategy Perfect World uses. It was mentioned that it was a small thing, and a very small step, but I am sure the majority of the players do not want Digital Extremes to have anything in their games similar to what Perfect World uses in theirs.

Edited by TheStag

lol dude u can't compare kubrows to real animals, it's the really far future anything is possible, regarding game mechanics they should keep scrambling but also implement a VERY expensive way that more or less allows you to control most of the outcome, that way if people want to change their kubrows they can either go for a cheap gamble or a very expensive controlled process.

If we can genetically engineer them to come out at random with Lotus patterned fur, then we can most certainly do that in such a way that it's not random, and can do the same to color. Because no animal is going to come out with a Coca-Cola emblem or the Superman emblem. That's a deliberate modification, and we should be able to determine that.

There's 2 options:

Option 1: Keep scrambling out permanently. Why? Because since some people got so &!$$ed at scrambling that they actually accuse DE of conforming to PW style development, and the fact that living creatures's colour shouldn't be customizable in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

Third option: Just let us choose whatever the hell we want instead of charging us a premium currency for a chance at getting what we want.

edit: clarification, by "whatever the hell we want" I mean within reason and allowing us to choose from the selection of color palettes  and patterns that DE already has in place for Kubrows.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

There's 2 options:

Just my thoughts.

I both agree and disagree. I don't like the scrambling system, but i would propose a system that you could use your color palettes on your Kubrow. You could only use them once while the kubrow is still in it's egg. If you wanted to change the color again, then you could spend plat to do it. Or something along those lines anyways.

Edited by (PS4)onewiseguy