Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns Vs. Rifles?

Burufokkusu

Question

I have used rifles throught my whole 2 or 3 months of playing the game and I kinda want to change things up a little. What is better Rifles or Shotguns and which do you guys reccomend I use? My mastery rank is 3 so please don't give me any suggestions to anything above that as it will be a while before I become rank 4. Also with shotguns what mods are good on them?

3 answers to this question

Strun is good, and technically I believe has more damage potential than Hek. It's just that Hek is so much more accurate that you'll connect with more of its shot spread, and you can reliably hit targets with Hek out to a further distance.

I have not used Boar, so I can't comment.

For all ranged weapons, the key mods are the one that does basic +damage and multishot. After that, you want the bonus elemental damage appropriate to whatever faction you're fighting (Armor Piercing for Grineer, Fire for Infested, Electric for Corpus). Yes, Armor Piercing in this game works like an element. Grineer are weak to AP.

If you can fit all the bonus element damage mods into your weapon, that's actually ideal, but that takes a lot of mod space, and you may also want to carry reload speed mod, magazine mod, whatever.

Don't bother with penetration, crit chance and crit damage for ranged weapons. Not really worth it. Those mods probably need a buff.

Edited by Acyl