Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin And The Technocyte Virus Connection

steelsamural88

I think the Orikin created the technocyte virus and it was discovered and synthesized by Dr Robert Mezner from the dark sector game it just seem strange for a scientist to create a virus that is both organic and technological at that time period. this makes sense if you want to colonize a planet that has marginally scientific speices.

Edited by Tulzscha
edited for readability

Happy first post here, dude !

Anyway it has been told that the Orokin released the infestation (I don't remember if the name of the technocyte virus is evoked in warframe) as a (before the) last resort against the sentients, if I remember well

Orokin = humanity. I think it's stated clear enough.

As for origin of Technocyte virus - see Dark Sector :)

The only description of the Orokin we have is "breathless, cold and gold". They could well be aliens too, we don't really know.

the orikin a really advanced compared to other human colonies and they are the onl beings besides the warframes/tenno to thrive in the void.

First off, don't double post, just edit your first post. Second, we have no idea how Dark Sector and Warframe are connected. At the end of Dark Sector a great plague that kills most of earth's population is referenced, the Orokin probably showed up some time after that. We don't know what the Orokin are though, so it's hard to know exactly what happened.

First off, don't double post, just edit your first post. Second, we have no idea how Dark Sector and Warframe are connected. At the end of Dark Sector a great plague that kills most of earth's population is referenced, the Orokin probably showed up some time after that. We don't know what the Orokin are though, so it's hard to know exactly what happened.

Maybe they are human cyborgs.

The only description of the Orokin we have is "breathless, cold and gold". They could well be aliens too, we don't really know.

And the fact that as the tennos are grown twisted Orokin children, meaning that the orokin were humanoid.

But no, thay can't be humanity :

. the orokin are supposed to be immune to the technocyte virus, the grineers ... Well they are degenerated humans but not immune at all.

. the tennos have eliminated the Orokin until the last one, yet the grineers are here. And the grineers are the remains of the human empire (it is their official description, so who the hell are the corpus but nevermind)

But yes the ember's codex makes me believe that they were very close to humans, in their appearance

And the fact that as the tennos are grown twisted Orokin children, meaning that the orokin were humanoid.

But no, thay can't be humanity :

. the orokin are supposed to be immune to the technocyte virus, the grineers ... Well they are degenerated humans but not immune at all.

. the tennos have eliminated the Orokin until the last one, yet the grineers are here. And the grineers are the remains of the human empire (it is their official description, so who the hell are the corpus but nevermind)

But yes the ember's codex makes me believe that they were very close to humans, in their appearance

Well it only says they're children, not Orokin children. It's possible the Orokin were an empire ruling multiple species. And I'm not sure about the Orokin being immune to technocyte...they were supposedly attacked by out of control infestation too.

The corpus are the same as the grineer, a posthuman offshoot of humanity. 

There are plot holes this speculation hayden tenno not did wore an actual exo suit a more like a growned exoskeleton the frame are infact an exosuit but they are tennos what is the connection other the ancestry which is dubious at best.

Hayden Tenno is said to be the first tenno, but the tenno the Orokin created are a different "breed" of tenno

Hayden Tenno is said to be the first tenno, but the tenno the Orokin created are a different "breed" of tenno

so hayden was one of a kind which only furthers the fact that the orikin created the virus or the templet which would become the virus. there have to be game to clear this mystery of the orikin race because they are far more than just an offshoot of humanity.

so hayden was one of a kind which only furthers the fact that the orikin created the virus or the templet which would become the virus. there have to be game to clear this mystery of the orikin race because they are far more than just an offshoot of humanity.

The orokin probably didn't create technocyte. They didn't appear until long after the events of Dark Sector, and technocyte was around even before then. Personally I think technocyte comes from the void.

And we don't yet know enough about the Orokin to say they're an offshoot of humanity, they may well be aliens for all we know.

As I said, if Orokin were humans, there would not me humans anymore in the solar system

Corpus.

Closest relatives / descendants / admirers to the Orokin

They call Tenno the Betrayers for a reason.

In fact a lot of their initial tech seems based off Orokin scraps.

Indoctrination temples in Neptune are examples of it (Orokin use indoctrination as hinted in Stalker's Codex and neural sentries).

Although it isn't as powerful as the real deal of course.

Another example is the Mk 1 Braton.

It could be a prototype replica of the original Braton prime.

The MK 1 was then refined into the Braton later since the Corpus would have no way of making the original Prime Braton.

Same for the Lato. 

The Corpus even stamped all their logos all over those weapons.

This is also why the Braton and Lato are the only weapons that can have both a Prime original / replica or a Vandal which is Corpy tech with Tenno custom modifications.

Grineer.

Came from the ruins of the Collapse.

That means AFTER the Orokin fell.

Barbaric and mostly power hungry and war mongering.

But progressively more insane as they relied excessively on cloning technologies.

Cloning tech probably was Orokin tech, but again people can't really replicate it now.

Each cloning of the original DNA strand further's damages it and leads to less refinements further on.

I postulate that their leader's DNA isn't mass replicated so it slows down their degradation.

Otherwise turning themselves into cyborgs.

Infested

Used as a weapon deliberately.

And the Orokin were well aware, this is not the first time this was unleashed.

Perhaps using dead bodies and corpses as mindless drones help against the Sentient.

Did not work out as well as they hope (rampant spreading, totally uncontrollable, hive intelligence of it's own)

Bites them in the @$$ when the Tenno rebelled and the infestation start attacking Orokin ships (Orokin Derelicts) 

Tenno

Children deliberately exposed to the Void.

Orokin had long known of the Void and used human experiments.

Of course tossing kids into the void and exposing them to the horrors is a good way to make them hate you.

Flip side, those kids have super powahs.

Warframes were use as a conduit for their powers using special secret Orokin tech.

This turned the tide against the Sentient and containing most of the infested as well (restricting them to Eris and Jupiter initially).

As expected, they rebelled and now the Orokin are extinct.

Bad news for the Tenno. Culling the Orokin, turn them to public enemy number 1.

Without supplies, they had to make do.

Overtime as their shiny prime stuff finally became unusable and unable to replicate original tech.

They had to downgrade. Drop the opulence and refinement.

Go for easy to produce mass production models (by Orokin standards).

That is why everyone is sleeping in non prime frames.

The Void

Hell space, the Warp, the Eye of Terror blah blah.

Apparently it can grant you super powers or you die from the horrors inside it.

I believe the Orokin learned how to manipulate the Void through extensive studies and human experiments.

Then they created something that was at least a lot more livable.

So the Void that we see are Orokin made pocket dimensions.

It is not the same untamed Void that drives people bonkers and give little babies the power of fire.

TL;DR woohoo.

Edited by fatpig84