Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Bothers Me With Melee Mods.

LasersGoPewPew

why are melee mods the weakest mods in terms of %s when in order to effectively use our melees we have to shove our frames face into the barrel of heavy gunners' Gorgon and jump into crowds of ancients and cannonfodder enemies?

shouldn't they be you know....stronger because of the enhanced risk of death?

another thing that bothers me:single % mod cards do the same or less % wise to dual stat mods. if they focus on a single aspect, shouldn't they be at least twice as powerful as the dual stat mods? regardless of what event they're from, the 15% status chance max "prowess" "savvy" "sure shot" etc. mods are outclassed by an unranked dual stat mod that also gives DAMAGE for..... the same cost as a maxed out pure status chance mod. when that dual stat mod is maxed.

TLDR: buff single % mods heavily, and give us stronger mods for melee.

I believe that if you don't like the weapon you have, don't complain about getting it changed. If you don't like it, get another weapon that you do like. It is only mastery holding you back...

Edit: Sorry if that was a bit harsh. It sounded not as bad in my head and in the comment box.

Edited by Heyrey

What drives me nuts is the fact Shocking Touch and Freezing Touch? (The Ice Damage one) both only give 60%. I can bypass Shocking Touch since both Focus Energy and Voltaic Strike are leagues better, but I have no other Ice option, so if I want to say, do Blast Damage with a melee it will be gimped compared to things like Corrosive or Magnetic.

I believe that if you don't like the weapon you have, don't complain about getting it changed. If you don't like it, get another weapon that you do like. It is only mastery holding you back...

Edit: Sorry if that was a bit harsh. It sounded not as bad in my head and in the comment box.

i didn't complain about base weapon strength...... the melee mods themselves are just gimped in comparison to our ranged weaponry mods........(which you can snipe from half the tile away with unless its a flux rifle/phage/amprex/spectra weapon. where as melee people have to bumrush hordes to do anything to them.

We do that and that is why everyone is running around with pentas and boltor primes

I wish the other mods for melee where made more useful currently only the max damage mods the 2 speed mods the event mods focus energy and the 2 90% elemental mods are the only usable ones

that is 13 of the same mods and you can forgo 1 speed mod cuz its crit based and the 2 channaling damage mods most of the time so that leaves you with

11 mods for a majority of the swords

maybe bane mods too but eeehhhhhhh infested one is a waste of time and do you reeealy wana use a bane mod when you can just stack more status and elements with an event mod

like the reflect mod for warframes would be a great addition to melee and fixing the 2 11 cost element mods would instantly add another 2 mods  then they can fix the S#&$ty -channeling efficiency mods to either 3x the bonus or make the bonus work for unchanelled aswell so we can actualy uuuusee them

the most usless one of them all was stamina on kill you use up sooo much stamina killing something only to get a tiny bit back only while channeling >~< it cost me 3 hits and 50 energy to kill 1 guy because i had to forgo a damage mod, but thank god the 50 stam i spent was replenished by 30

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

I wish the other mods for melee where made more useful currently only the max damage mods the 2 speed mods the event mods focus energy and the 2 90% elemental mods are the only usable ones

that is 13 of the same mods and you can forgo 1 speed mod cuz its crit based and the 2 channaling damage mods most of the time so that leaves you with

11 mods for a majority of the swords

maybe bane mods too but eeehhhhhhh infested one is a waste of time and do you reeealy wana use a bane mod when you can just stack more status and elements with an event mod

like the reflect mod for warframes would be a great addition to melee and fixing the 2 11 cost element mods would instantly add another 2 mods  then they can fix the S#&$ty -channeling efficiency mods to either 3x the bonus or make the bonus work for unchanelled aswell so we can actualy uuuusee them

the most usless one of them all was stamina on kill you use up sooo much stamina killing something only to get a tiny bit back only while channeling >~< it cost me 3 hits and 50 energy to kill 1 guy because i had to forgo a damage mod, but thank god the 50 stam i spent was replenished by 30

exactly, they need to give these mods a super buff -_-

What drives me nuts is the fact Shocking Touch and Freezing Touch? (The Ice Damage one) both only give 60%. I can bypass Shocking Touch since both Focus Energy and Voltaic Strike are leagues better, but I have no other Ice option, so if I want to say, do Blast Damage with a melee it will be gimped compared to things like Corrosive or Magnetic.

Those mods having low values is a relic of the old Damage 1.0 system.  They definitely deserve a re-evaluation.  That said, I don't see why you would ever want Blast damage on a melee weapon except maybe for the procs.  I think a good solution to melee mods being overall weaker, outside of an overall mod overhaul, would be to buff the base damage on most melee weapons to make them more competitive. 

Those mods having low values is a relic of the old Damage 1.0 system.  They definitely deserve a re-evaluation.  That said, I don't see why you would ever want Blast damage on a melee weapon except maybe for the procs.  I think a good solution to melee mods being overall weaker, outside of an overall mod overhaul, would be to buff the base damage on most melee weapons to make them more competitive. 

Blast on Jat Kittag. Because you needed to slam people into the skybox on Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Early on, while I tried to find something I liked, my melee was my most reliable and powerful weapon (due to focusing on it while cycling through primaries and secondaries).

After finally getting other weapons I liked, though, I'm kinda shocked at how weak my melee is now. Considering its range and stun chance, it still has some situational utility, but both of those are features of the specific weapon, not melee in general.

One change I'd like to see is all melee features accessible without having to equip it. Some keybindings will have to be changed around, but I really don't get the point of essentially having two melee systems. I had a stance for a long time before realizing that I had never been using it because my Warframe will arbitrarily refuse to swing his weapon a certain way if his gun was just out (the fact that the game doesn't tell you that and it's extremely unintuitive doesn't help; I'm pretty sure equip melee wasn't even bound by default when I started playing).