Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Lowering The Surplus Kubrow Population.

Kruglov

Lemme start off by saying I don't have a Kubrow. But I'm well aware of how they're obtained and bred by this point. It's also becoming increasingly obvious that some people are already dealing with a literal pile of these animals, thus reducing the Tenno to the futuristic equivalent of the crazy old cat lady down the street.

The kinds who show up on TV shows about hoarding things.

Except instead of being boxes of memoirs and food wrappers and rats it'd be credits and kubrows.

Anyway.

So the current idea floating around is to simply let us sell off the extra hyenas for cash/dosh/moolah/credits.

Which is fine but seems....underwhelming? It always seemed strange to me we dont sell off unneeded weapons/blueprints to blackmarket traders like Darvo or something. You just click "sell" the game goes "ya sure, m8?" and you hit "ye" and its done.

So for the Kubrow maybe there could be a special "wildlife release" mission that a Tenno can choose to do and redo at any time.

It involves going to E Prime, finding a Kubrow den, activating some sort of macguffin or device (or maybe the Liset is overhead) and you dump the duplicate doggies near the den. Then you leave. Sort of like releasing a pokemon except a tad fancier.

Hell, if one were feeling particularly fancy maybe even having some sort of special mission-only animations of the domesticated kubrows running off into the wilderness with their wild counterparts. But that's probably more work than necessary.

Of course if those don't work theres always the old puppy blender idea. Maybe let us sell the vermin off to the local Corpus Meat Packing plant.

Would the ferals even consider it as part of their own? Wouldn't dumping a genetically degrading coolbro in a group of near cousins who aren't probably going to accept a domesticated breed much worse than having someone else adopt a coolbro?

PSA: don't dump domestic animals into the wilderness. They'll probably die rather than "roam free". Of this mortal coil, perhaps.

Would the ferals even consider it as part of their own? Wouldn't dumping a genetically degrading coolbro in a group of near cousins who aren't probably going to accept a domesticated breed much worse than having someone else adopt a coolbro?

PSA: don't dump domestic animals into the wilderness. They'll probably die rather than "roam free". Of this mortal coil, perhaps.

Did you not post a meme?

Did you not see we were posting pictures to prove a point?

You should repent for your sins.

I believe that you should just be able to click delete, then the airlock opens and there is a scene shown tossing the kubrow out as it spins wildly into the outermost reaches of space, Ordis says "Its all ogre now" and thats it. Oh and for good measure in the future you could have a new tileset with dead kubrow bones everywhere and an assasination mission where it is revealed that a giant space tentacle hen...monster has been eating all your discarded kubrows.

Edited by Zulaica

I believe that you should just be able to click delete, then the airlock opens and there is a scene shown tossing the kubrow out as it spins wildly into the outermost reaches of space, Ordis says "Its all ogre now" and thats it. Oh and for good measure in the future you could have a new tileset with dead kubrow bones everywhere and an assasination mission where it is revealed that a giant space tentacle hen...monster has been eating all your discarded kubrows.

Giant monster tentacle chickens? Boy sign me up.

;)

Kubrows in the wild has deluded genes and mutations.

Pet kubrows are bred for war. My money is on the genetic designed kubrow.

Could we get a fighting pit... And be able to gamble...? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top? And a cherry?

Lemme start off by saying I don't have a Kubrow. But I'm well aware of how they're obtained and bred by this point. It's also becoming increasingly obvious that some people are already dealing with a literal pile of these animals, thus reducing the Tenno to the futuristic equivalent of the crazy old cat lady down the street.

The kinds who show up on TV shows about hoarding things.

Except instead of being boxes of memoirs and food wrappers and rats it'd be credits and kubrows.

Anyway.

So the current idea floating around is to simply let us sell off the extra hyenas for cash/dosh/moolah/credits.

Which is fine but seems....underwhelming? It always seemed strange to me we dont sell off unneeded weapons/blueprints to blackmarket traders like Darvo or something. You just click "sell" the game goes "ya sure, m8?" and you hit "ye" and its done.

So for the Kubrow maybe there could be a special "wildlife release" mission that a Tenno can choose to do and redo at any time.

It involves going to E Prime, finding a Kubrow den, activating some sort of macguffin or device (or maybe the Liset is overhead) and you dump the duplicate doggies near the den. Then you leave. Sort of like releasing a pokemon except a tad fancier.

Hell, if one were feeling particularly fancy maybe even having some sort of special mission-only animations of the domesticated kubrows running off into the wilderness with their wild counterparts. But that's probably more work than necessary.

at which point it gets eaten

I... I'm partially mortified by some of these suggestions. I'd rather give extra cutebros to people who've yet to bother with them. New Players particularly.

That would be like giving a rare pure breed puppy to a five year old kid. New players can't sustain the kubrow because they have more important credit sinks (mods and weapons)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 10 kubrows I need to kill. I wouldn't have breed so many if the scrambler was still in the game. And they nerfed the degradation speed so it'll take longer for them to die and free up space as well.

People complained about the scrambler feature, and yeah I understand why, but the kubrow breeding minigame is more expensive, more time consuming and more disapointingly frustrating without it.