Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time To Fix Survival, For Real This Time?

Egg_Chen

Elara, 13:30, no Life Support left to activate, less than 200 enemies killed (solo).

I know there were changes with the recent update, but when it is still required to bring a Nekros to be sure you get to the 15 minute mark, it is not fixed.

I understand adding more "caps" to tiles so that there are more spawn points, I understand leaving the starting tile available for life support.

I think these things may have helped a bit, but...

What about, just increasing the spawn rate?

Or, removing the RNG and ensuring enough Life Support drops.

Wouldn't Survival be more like surviving if enemies are your limiting factor, not collecting enough air?

I want to feel like I'm surviving an enemy onslaught, not running around looking for air and occasionally meeting something to shoot.

Elara, 13:30, no Life Support left to activate, less than 200 enemies killed (solo).

I know there were changes with the recent update, but when it is still required to bring a Nekros to be sure you get to the 15 minute mark, it is not fixed.

I understand adding more "caps" to tiles so that there are more spawn points, I understand leaving the starting tile available for life support.

I think these things may have helped a bit, but...

What about, just increasing the spawn rate?

Or, removing the RNG and ensuring enough Life Support drops.

Wouldn't Survival be more like surviving if enemies are your limiting factor, not collecting enough air?

I want to feel like I'm surviving an enemy onslaught, not running around looking for air and occasionally meeting something to shoot.

I approve this message! I feel your pain, I love survival, almost the only thing I play anymore, but solo it feels as if the spawn rate is so small that nothing drops until you finally hit the 15 mark and by that time you are wiped on air because you needed to use them all to last that long.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

Void missions have always been the true test of the survival savvy, you need to come ready and packin' a necro or two to last any really time and even then it is rough. The issue we need fixed is the normal missions and look real hard at the solo runs, because if you can solo a survival for a real good amount of time, your group times will really be amazing. DE should see these as little training sessions that people like to do, as I think all solo missions are seen by most players.

Yeah, some tilesets are definitely worse than others (Gas city and Asteroid base spring to mind).

I would love to see this fixed.

To me the enemies are the challenge.

So, how about if LS gets down to 30 automatically spawn one.

We still have to fight our way there in time to activate it.

I think when a group leaves a T4 void because they ran out of air it is a crying shame.

They should leave because reviving each other is becoming a full time affair, with heroic last ditch battles by 2 of the squad so the 3rd can save their buddy.

... not because the timer ran down (that is just dull and very un-Tenno like).

Edit : @ZeroPhobic :) It really is the best mission type, I don't mind some def or mobdef, but Survival is the one!

When the spawns work out well it can be awesome.

Edit2: @Mewfan - Agreed, the galleons are some of the more consistent tiles, I can't remember having problems there.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Yep, confirming this, spawns are back to minimum everywhere. LS drops are low as well.  Cant solo 20 min. Barely had enough support @20 playing as a full team in the void (no Necros). WITH Necros desecrating all the time non-stop lasted 50min having to activate every LS in the map (before u14 you could last on desecrating alone if you used a good room).

Same in the void and planets. Cant even do 20+ min inifested surv on the new tileset with no Necros. This is ridiculous and not fun to play.

Edited by Monolake

Yep, confirming this, spawns are back to minimum everywhere. LS drops are low as well.  Cant solo 20 min. Barely had enough support @20 playing as a full team in the void (no Necros). WITH Necros desecrating all the time non-stop lasted 50min having to activate every LS in the map (before u14 you could last on desecrating alone if you used a good room).

Same in the void and planets. Cant even do 20+ min inifested surv on the new tileset with no Necros. This is ridiculous and not fun to play.

This and everything else. When you lose a survival because there aren't enough enemies dropping life support or just not enough life support from Lotus it really makes me mad. If you are going to name something SURVIVAL I want to actually be able to fight until I can't take anymore. This stupid life support system just ruins everything making Nekros needed to do anything now.

It's luck now. The thing is, sometime, the spawn will suddenly stop and spawn at the point far away from the player.

To add salt to the wound, if you run around from room to room too fast (to pick life supply), enemies will like NOT TO FOLLOW you. You will have to wait for them to despawn and respawn again for get any kill.

So yeah, pure luck now

Find a room with lots of spawn room and hope it keeps spawning. When it doesn't, go pick the canister and come back to that room and hope it gets better. Knowing this trick allowed me to get to 35+ minutes again on both Nekros and Oberon but it's still BS if I don't get the good map tile, I'm screwed.

It seems so easy to me, a layman admittedly, but the idea itself seems sound.

If life support <30 & all life support nodes are empty then spawn life support.

Rewrite that in proper code, and stick it in the script.

That won't break anything, because the enemies will be the limiting factor for how long we go.

Can we get through them fast enough to the next life support, random placement of the next life support, enemy damage etc, etc.

I have honestly taken my hands off keyboard and mouse, folded my arms and sat back admiring the view.

In a survival mode.

They purposefully made it so that the life spawn will spawn every 1 minutes early before taking longer to spawn. This was to force players to kill as much targets as possible. If they make it like that, Loki will just go around picking supply all day instead of fighting and the group abusing Mag Banshee will never have to leave (even longer than the current one)

All they need to do is to

1) Scan the location of the players

2) Scan nearby spawn spot of those players, save to list

3) Remove spawn spots from (2) that are too close to players from the list (or just make it so that it only picks spawn spot within 50 m but not within 15 m.)

4) Respawn 66-75% of the killed stuffs in the spots left in the list. The remaining 25% can stay random and run toward the players.

This will make it so that you will have enough kills again but for those abusing the Mag Banshee trick, the Loki will cause the enemies to spawn somewhere else as well so you can't just hold 4 and camp for 2 hours because you will run out of oxygen from having nothing to kill.

Also, fix the spawn table because almost all nodes are using the same thing. I'm gathering data atm and I'm sad Apollo is the only unique Grineer one so far.

Edited by Zeitzbach

It seems so easy to me, a layman admittedly, but the idea itself seems sound.

If life support <30 & all life support nodes are empty then spawn life support.

Rewrite that in proper code, and stick it in the script.

That won't break anything, because the enemies will be the limiting factor for how long we go.

Can we get through them fast enough to the next life support, random placement of the next life support, enemy damage etc, etc.

I have honestly taken my hands off keyboard and mouse, folded my arms and sat back admiring the view.

In a survival mode.

The issue with this idea is that you would be able run forever not killing anyone, just using Loki/Ash/Valk to avoid any damage and activate spports, mobs wont spawn above the limit and it wont be any fun.

We need massive spawns back to actually fight.