Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Kubrows A Big Joke Or What?

Ketec

Warframe vs Kubrow

Warframes have three parts to obtain, assuming you have an equal chance of all three parts it would take three runs each to get the parts.

Kubrows require an egg which has a relatively low drop rate that is unknown.

ASSUMING you have the necessary resources to build the parts for the warframe, it would take 12 hours minimum.

ASSUMING you have the necessary resources (power core requires 8 hours to build), getting to the point of an egg hatching would hatch in 2 days 8 hours.

Building the warframe takes 3 days.

Maturing the kubrow takes 2 days.

Warframe build time: 3 days 12 hours plus maybe an hour for the bp's if you're unlucky.

Kubrow maturing time: 4 days 8 hours plus an unknown amount of time getting the egg.

Overall I think that the kubrow maturing time SHOULD be equal to or less than a Warframe's build time. A good way to remedy this would be to cut down incubation/maturing time OR reducing power core build time, making eggs have a slightly better drop rate (these kubrow dens have to have eggs in most of them right?) and making stuff rush able with platinum.

No hate please, just my opinion. Tell me if I got anything wrong. ;)

You sound like one of those people who assume DE couldn't have made the wait time shorter or longer on whim. I never get you guys with your fervent white knighting that tell others customers their opinions are less valid then your own. I mean you are entirely entitled to see the world this way but aren't there other things to consider.

Let me try to open your mind a bit. Time is one of the few things that once spent can not be given back. It is likely the most valuable resources on the planet yet many seem fine with wasting it. Delayed gratification is a concept that is fast disappearing. Throughout the history of our species we have literally tried to fulfill our needs quicker by reducing delay. From the automobile to internet it has literally always been about delaying wait times. 

Let me ask you a few questions. Would you like waiting 3 weeks for your mail? Would you be fine with 56k internet for life? Would mind if every time you were asked to wait one hour you were forced to wait two? 

The only fools in this world are those who do not understand how precious time is. I can understand the OP's response given the expectations vs the reality. I can understand your criticism of his impatience but, the rest of your post is utter nonsense.

There are no real rules. DE required two resets vs one? The reason they probably did this was so you couldn't rush incubation at 7:59 pm and have a mature Kubrow one minute later.

Yea i agree, i was a bit harsh if not on DE's side. I do agree that DE could of changed the wait time, but it is what it is, and its not EXTREMELY long either. It could be worse, and by that i mean 2 weeks or so, but either way, wait time is excepted somewhere, else everyone would have a kubrow in 5 minutes or less, and that for me is not right. I also dislike the timers on it, especially with the maturing, as its not all that accurate with 2 login rewards cycle, woulda been better with a timer of like 24 hours so we know exactly when it will be ready.

But my main point in that post is that waiting is to be expected, and that if one can not handle the wait times, they should think about what they are doing. It is not really a wait time that you have to sit there every single minute waiting, you can do other things. And yea time is precious,  but sometimes giving up some time is required. In this case, as there is the option to do other things, more importantly real life things to do, its not that much of an issue.

As to your example of waiting for the mail, would you wait by the door for the 3 weeks waiting on 1 piece of mail to come? Or would you continue on doing what you need to do and trust that it will come?

so cuz you had no bugs and got stuff fast.. its fine. and u seem to assume that's the case for everyone.

It took nearly 4 days before i could even get past the vor quest.

then another 20+ runs to get 1 egg.

ah ok, that was not CLEARLY stated. How was I to know that you were doing the Vor quests? I cant read minds, and I can also understand the hassle of getting eggs, I havent had that issue but I heard for some its almost impossible to get. But time changes, RNG is RNG. I always thought that i had bad RNG connected to my account. For example, Ive seen people get Malicious Raptor in less than 3 runs, it took me over 50. And there are many more examples of that, but at times I had ok RNG such as with the Eggs, sadly my RNG for rare mods and stances is low.

I didnt really mean to sound cruel or so, but please also try to understand that it was for us very unclear what was going on. Without mentioning the issues with the Vor quests, or the RNG with eggs, how we were to know that those were the causes of your anger?

A good way to remedy this would be to cut down incubation/maturing time OR reducing power core build time, making eggs have a slightly better drop rate (these kubrow dens have to have eggs in most of them right?) and making stuff rush able with platinum.

No hate please, just my opinion. Tell me if I got anything wrong. ;)

you dont have to build the cell after you have gotten the egg you could be saving them before or make it parallel with another of the steps

and you can rush the hatching which will cut you 2 days

so youre only forced to wait around 2 days

I think I can handle the waiting. What I can't handle is the part where if you got a strain that you already have, you don't have an option to sell it or delete it or whatever to free up space. The kubrow setup now forces you to get another slot.

So basically, on top of all that waiting and the suck salad of not getting the kubrow you want because of RNG, DE sprinkles the bacon bits of you having to spend plat for another slot to start the goddamn process all over again. Real smooth there!

People wanted LESS Platinum rush options and this is what we get. Deal.

it's much stronger then a sentinal but you have to lvl them up on low lvl planets with trinity in my opinion. Letting him/her to kill everything

I played as Loki to level mine. They seem quite easy to level.

you dont have to build the cell after you have gotten the egg you could be saving them before or make it parallel with another of the steps

and you can rush the hatching which will cut you 2 days

so youre only forced to wait around 2 days

If you want to take into account all cases of rushing, building a warframe will take about however long it took to get the parts and resources which in most cases is about an hour or two. I'm not taking into account rushing because that would completely invalidate everything.

The only step you can make parallel with building the incubator power cell is with getting the egg. Let's assume you take 8 hours to get an egg. Fine, now you have 4 days of getting a kubrow. That's still longer than getting a warframe, and those in a sense should probably be closer in build time.

Edited by FuryEnder