Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Ability Mods

Fubukin

I've been patiently waiting since Hydroid's introduction to get his other two abilities (Tempest Barrage and Tidal Surge) added to the drop tables somewhere.

Nothing.

Helios and his two abilities (Investigator and Targeting Receptor?

Nothing.

Now Mirage gets introduced and not a single one of her abilities is available as drop.

I like to have several different ranks of each mod, just for flexibility sake in builds. Now I don't even know if I can max the set I have of each, because if I'd ever succumb and trade for them, I'd have to find someone who didn't level theirs. Yeah, tough chance on that.

This greatly cripples those two frames for me. I didn't touch Hydroid since he hit rank 30, Mirage might suffer the same faith, and no, I'm not building another version just to get another set of mods, thank you very much.

Meanwhile, at least the Kubrows get their mods added, even though to uncommon, locally very limited enemies with a super-low drop chance, but that is another issue:

Why are the Health and Shields mods uncommon? They are too important not to be common, really.

Ever brought an unmodded Kubrow to a mission on earth? It gets decimated in seconds and dies before you can even find where it dropped.

Why are the ability mods rare?

What is the point of having Savagery and then Ferocity, which do the same thing?

Are there two more of that exact same mod for the other two Kubrow breeds?

Was it really necessary to cluster the mod collection up like that?

TL/DR:

-add the mods that don't have a drop location yet to the drop tables, please.

there is even an enemy that drops nothing right now (Infested Runner, the cyan dude)

-or add them to the transmutation tables.*

-or make them craftable in the dojo.

-or let us craft 10 of one thing into 1 of another, equal thing to battle the endless grind.

*IMHO, the biggest issue with Transmutation right now isn't that you get stuff you don't need, but that the chance to downgrade four rares to a common is way too high.

But why the Hek do we have ability mods in drop tables in the first place? The first copies are incompatible with Fusion or Transmutation, and come free when you craft/purchase a warframe or sentinel. What's the point? All it does is dilute the drop tables even further.