Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orikin Reactor & Catalyst

EvilRussianBear

I understand that people need to make money on the game. But gentlemen... This is what stopping people from getting maximum game experiece and leveling up further.

Essentially, this is now a trial mode, unless you invest money in the Reactors, and that's a cunsumable (Correct me if i'm wrong)

As for me, I do not want to spend money on consumables.

Another pain is getting them for free, you do need to be lucky to get those, and I'm not talking about the drop... It's actually the bluprint that's impossible to get (or the 7 day lucky pick, or the super lucky alert)

So gentlemen if you agree or disagree with me, feel free to leave your possitive or negative response in the coment section below.

Been playing for two months, and so far have gotten 8 reactors and 10 catalysts, only ever bought one reactor. And I missed quite a few of those lucky alerts. Don't really see the problem with getting them other than some persistance.

Edited by Playford

Been playing for two months, and so far have gotten 8 reactors and 10 catalysts, only ever bought one reactor. And I missed quite a few of those lucky alerts. Don't really see the problem with getting them other than some persistance.

-

I personally was also pretty lucky, while playing on daily basis but not actually that much - so no problem on my side..

However, the issue here is the Reactor and Catalyst are pretty mandatory for harder missions (let's say the same way VItality/Redirection were mandatory before latest hotfix), those 30 points of mod capacity are important and will possibly be even more important with new mods introduced, yet getting them is AFAIK currently still a matter of luck.

Making the blueprints available in he market for a really huge credit price could solve this problem - but it's probably something DE wouldn't do - yet making these important items available only for cash (and doubtful luck) was not the best choice :/

At a 15:1 platinum:dollar exchange rate, 20p for a reactor/catalyst is probably the only platinum pricepoint in the cash shop I'm OK with.That's less than a buck fifty (excluding, of course, that you have to buy at least $5 worth of platinum) to double your mod capacity - and that's money you only have to spend if you get tired of waiting for Lady Luck to smile on you - compared to the as much as $15 you might have to spend if you play for a week and decide you hate the starter warframe you selected, and want one of the other starters, but don't want to ditch the gear you leveled up by starting a new account.

Making the blueprints available in he market for a really huge credit price could solve this problem

Doesn't the touted-as-best current way to farm credits involve running a boss fight to farm a 2500c blueprint? Are you really going to suggest that it's better to replace what can, at worst, be a long boring slog with a hideous number of repetitions of a short boring slog?

Edited by DataShade

Guys, they now even add the slots for free/playing. After that, the only thing left will be the potatoes. No need to give out every last thing. You get all the weapons and frames for not paying a cent. Not getting max game is simply not true....

In this game RNG smiles upon you as you may get several chances each day to run alert missions which may drop the blueprints...

There are other games (like WoW) where you raid and have practically one chance to get loot per boss killed per week. And not all bosses drop what you want.

Meditate upon that.

Guys, they now even add the slots for free/playing. After that, the only thing left will be the potatoes. No need to give out every last thing. You get all the weapons and frames for not paying a cent. Not getting max game is simply not true....

Well i'm always comparing pay models, and instead of PS2 and LoL (those have some good models) and you can get item that you want, But Lucky pick from 1 day thing and the lucky alert... that's a non-controllable thing. If you want to get something in those games you invest your time in the game. Here it's random... I'm kinda suspicious about this

Guys, if there is NO incentive to pay for anything in this game, even from the people who usually don't spend $ on F2P games, the game will die.

As long as there is a way to get all/practically all the stuff you'll ever need for free, the game is fine.

The devs need paychecks anyways...

Datashade> We are probably talking about two different things, because farming a boss is a time dedicated to get the cash you know you will get, while betting on luck and wait all day for alert mission still doesn't mean a success. I hope now you see the obvious difference.

Shadowtail> The difference is, that in WoW, nobody can just pay real cash for that item, right? So these two things cannot be compared.

modded> Everybody here, I suppose, understand this, but Catalyst and Reactor are pretty mandatory items, don't you think?

Edited by zelgaris

Not trying to make this game totally free, I understand the needs for $$, but you can make them from something that is not affecting your furter gameplay, because for example I'm level 30, I can't get that item no matter how much time I'll spend on this game today, or on weekend, so for the weekend i'll be left W/O anything to level up => No progress => time wasted

Datashade> We are probably talking about two different things, because farming a boss is a time dedicated to get the cash you know you will get, while betting on luck and wait all day for alert mission still doesn't mean a success. I hope now you see the obvious difference.

Shadowtail> The difference is, that in WoW, nobody can just pay real cash for that item, right? So these two things cannot be compared.

modded> Everybody here, I suppose, understand this, but Catalyst and Reactor are pretty mandatory items, don't you think?

They are not necessary... You still have all the skills and. You simply dont have 30 more energy. You have to be a bit frugal with the resources. And seriously. You get 50 start plat. You can easily max out at least one set.

Not trying to make this game totally free, I understand the needs for $$, but you can make them from something that is not affecting your furter gameplay, because for example I'm level 30, I can't get that item no matter how much time I'll spend on this game today, or on weekend, so for the weekend i'll be left W/O anything to level up => No progress => time wasted

It seems your forget you start plat.... if you dont want to pay any money, ok. But you get all the content here and start money to max out one set for sure.....

I understand that it's a "must have" very early in game. But can you really say that it's a waste of time playing w/o having anything to upgrade ? In this case you're just trying to move the problem : once you got it and earn all the xp you needed, youre at the same point, play = time waste. Consider the real aim of the game is coop and having fun with friends or unknown people. I need platin but only to increase slots. What would it be if I found an orkin catalyst but don't need it any further... I'd be really disppointed so harder it is to get it, higher is the pleasure having at least on.

Guys, if there is NO incentive to pay for anything in this game, even from the people who usually don't spend $ on F2P games, the game will die.

As long as there is a way to get all/practically all the stuff you'll ever need for free, the game is fine.

The devs need paychecks anyways...

================================================================================================

Then make it extra grindy to get them.  F2p systems are supposed to let people actively grind for stuff, ie play the game for a reward; the whole point of the f2p system is that it allows you to maintain a larger active player base.  The alert system doesn't really encourage people to play the game as it is right now, it merely encourages people to stay logged in or watch an alert feed and log on to play alerts every now and then.

Even the system for getting warframe parts is more effective since doing boss runs to get BPs actually encourages people to play the game.  Sure you can end up spending weeks trying to get that last BP, but it's something that you can actually work towards. Players need to be able to log on and think "I want to work towards getting a potato for this weapon."  Even if it takes a while, players need to feel that they are in control and will actually get something out of play the game.

The f2p option for getting potatoes needs to work more like that, otherwise it just increases player frustration past the point where they feel the need to spend money, and closer to the point where they quit the game.

Personally, I wish they'd do something with the non ? alerts.  For example, completing more non ? alerts would increase the occurrence of ? alerts for you.  This would encourage people to play non ? alerts. 

The higher credit awards kind of do this, but anyone that knows that they're not really all that efficent in terms of time spent doesn't bother with them.  Tying them into ? alerts would mean that people would be constantly running them for a better shot at something valuable.

Another thing they need to do is make the rewards for ? alerts random.  The fact that it's the same award for every alert for every person means a lot of them get skipped.  why waste the time for another rofl amp?  Making them random would mean that people would be more likely to run every ? alert they can get into, ie encourage people to actually play the game.

Edited by Aggh

Venerge> My 2000+ plat doesn't change the fact that double mod capacity is a big deal and important factor of the progression and usage of mods. You not taking this into account doesn't change a fact.

The idea is, putting a player in a situation, where to get a certain item:

1) He can pay for it

2) He can get it by playing

But in this special case, the item is so important, the random luck and waiting for alerts is not enough. So what I already suggested above is:

1) He can pay for it for real cash

2) Wish for luck

3) He can spend a lot of time grinding a boss to get enough credits to purchase a blueprint and then getting the components for it (while doing the grinding, the warframe still improves as well as weapons and mods are found, so it's hardly useless).

The obvious difference between 2) and 3) is the luck element - knowing the price you are aiming to is much better for motivation.

It seems your forget you start plat.... if you dont want to pay any money, ok. But you get all the content here and start money to max out one set for sure.....

Buddy, 50 start plat is amazing, I wont like, but that what differs me from the people that cry (not talking about you gentlemen), i can buy that but that's just closing the eyes on the thing that I see.

Aggh> The problem with randomness you are suggesting for the alert is the randomness - reporting the reward from alert is a social aspect. Maybe adding an option before the start of the mission to have a random reward could solve this.

EvilRussianBear> Nicely said "closing eyes", my 2000+ plat agree.

Edited by zelgaris

I understand that it's a "must have" very early in game. But can you really say that it's a waste of time playing w/o having anything to upgrade ? In this case you're just trying to move the problem : once you got it and earn all the xp you needed, youre at the same point, play = time waste. Consider the real aim of the game is coop and having fun with friends or unknown people. I need platin but only to increase slots. What would it be if I found an orkin catalyst but don't need it any further... I'd be really disppointed so harder it is to get it, higher is the pleasure having at least on.

Onece I pass the endgame mark i'll switch to another Warframe =)

Aggh> The problem with randomness you are suggesting for the alert is the randomness - reporting the reward from alert is a social aspect. Maybe adding an option before the start of the mission to have a random reward could solve this.

EvilRussianBear> Nicely said "closing eyes", my 2000+ plat agree.

===============================

I'd say that particular social aspect would pale in comparison to the alert system actually encouraging people to coop together.  The randomness of rewards and the ability to increase the occurrence of alert awards by playing the game with other players would mean that making contacts and joining up on other peoples missions would give you more shots at getting something valuable.  It would encourage a lot more player interactions than reporting alerts could ever hope to do.

Edited by Aggh

Venerge> My 2000+ plat doesn't change the fact that double mod capacity is a big deal and important factor of the progression and usage of mods. You not taking this into account doesn't change a fact.

The idea is, putting a player in a situation, where to get a certain item:

1) He can pay for it

2) He can get it by playing

But in this special case, the item is so important, the random luck and waiting for alerts is not enough. So what I already suggested above is:

1) He can pay for it for real cash

2) Wish for luck

3) He can spend a lot of time grinding a boss to get enough credits to purchase a blueprint and then getting the components for it (while doing the grinding, the warframe still improves as well as weapons and mods are found, so it's hardly useless).

The obvious difference between 2) and 3) is the luck element - knowing the price you are aiming to is much better for motivation.

The item is not important. it makes things simply easier.... I run around with my uncharged excal lvl 30 and still dont give f***

Venerge> Yeah, DOUBLING the capacity for mod is just "making things simply easier"... nice one.

Aggh> Yeah, I can't wait to spend and half-hour in a mission with friends to get a random useless mod/item in the end, while in the previous version of alert system I could get the info, what drops there :) As already said - choices!

Edited by zelgaris

Venerge> Yeah, DOUBLING the capacity for mod is just "making things simply easier"... nice one.

Aggh> Yeah, I can't wait to spend and half-hour in a mission with friends to get a random useless mod/item in the end, while in the previous version of alert system I could get the info, what drops there :) As already said - choices!

=======================================

If you're spending a half hour on a mission, you're doing it wrong.  Even if you looted every single crate and locker and killed every last mob you saw and danced around in a circle every ten seconds just for fun, you still shouldn't be taking a half hour to run a mission.

I also don't see how that's any different from most of the good alerts occurring at 3 am and 99% of them being useless rofl amps and scavengers.  The system I'm suggesting would let people run alerts on their own time and would actually encourage playing the game.

You'd be playing anyways, only this way, you'd have the option to play for a worth while reward at a reasonable time.

Edited by Aggh

A F2P player can max out at least one set with the start plat. Thats enough....

Edited by Venarge

And I repeat it, getting info on a bajillionth rifle scavenger or essence loki helmet doesn't encourage people to play and is a very weak social system for a game.  Being able to run more ? alerts because there is an incentive to join up on other peoples' ? alerts and play every ? alert that pops up not only encourages coop and players making connections, it encourages people to play the game.

That is the main purpose of f2p systems in f2p games.  To get people to keep on playing the game.  The more they play the game, the more likely they are to spend money and the less turn over there is on players, which means there is a larger and more consistent active player base.

It's great that you want to know about every single rofl and pistol scavenger, but it's a bad system.  I will again repeat that you would be playing the game anyways.  And that most of the alerts have crappy rewards.  The problems that you are bringing up already exist, and would in fact be mitigated by randomness since it would allow the devs to justify allowing people to run more ? alerts.

====================================

A F2P player can max out at least one set with the start plat. End of the line

=====================================

Lol, and then they stop playing.  Or have to sell their level 30 stuff to free up slots and hope for a potato alert.  And are locked at a  max of 36k mastery if they don't spend any of that on slots. There's a great system for maintaining a player base.

Edited by Aggh