Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orikin Reactor & Catalyst

EvilRussianBear

I actually haven't got to him since I mostly play co-op with a friend and don't want to just get ahead of my friend, as for killing him without anything supercharged. I would, only that I already have everything supercharged because I actually supported the company with 9 euros and guess where I threw the money into? Yeah that's right. Those cheaper than everything else potatoes.

Still, I've played for a week without anything supercharged, even did boss runs on solo and guess how hard it was? In fact the first thing I supercharged was my pistols with the plat I was given by DE to start with, my initial warframe was never supercharged and was sold since I hated the volt.

Now you say you work all week and have no time to get all of those potatoes? Well, throw 9 euros into it. You're supporting a company that develops a good game which you like (cause if you didn't you wouldn't be playing) and wit hteh 50 start plat it meas you get a total of 220 plat. That's 11 potatoes you can buy in total and don't even come with the everything is suposed to be free. Everything is free. If you have the time to throw into the game you get everything for free. If you don't have that time then don't complain, the problem is yours to start with. You know how F2P work, you got the time, you got everything for free, if you don't then you have ways to buy things.

What you want is everything given to you without having to work for it and without paying.

================================================================================================

So basically you've only played the levels where supercharged items items are pointless.  Good for you.

I've put $40 into the game will most likely not have to put any more cash into it for the forseeable future regardless of any changes to the system.  That doesn't change the fact that not everyone is interested in doing that and may in fact simply not want to spend cash on the principle that they'd like that to be a decision that they make, not a decision the game forces them into.

Your points also still skirt around the fact that the system that allows people to get potatoes for free doesn't actually encourage people to keep playing the game.  The entire point of the free part of f2p is to maintain a large player base.  If free players' progress stagnates enough that they lose interest in the game, the entire free part of the game becomes pointless.

Edited by Aggh

Yeah, I spent $50 on the founders package, but that was my choice.  I wanted more frames available for use at any given time and the same with the weapons.  Was it forced on me?  Hell no!  Would I like more free stuff?  Sure.  Should the potatoes be purchasable with credits in the market?  OMG NO FRIGGIN WAY IN HELL F*** THAT!!!!!

Get the point?

Elhazzared> Another one, who don't read, what is written or what? Nobody was talking here about removing the bp from rewards and alert mission - this jumping from extreme to extreme is pointless and doesn't proof anything, don't argue with $&*&*#(%& examples nobody was talking about.

No, as long as it's random and alert only, it's luck and not "working for it" - is that so hard to understand?

Once it is available in market or the drop is limited to a single location, we can talk about working on it.

Edited by zelgaris

================================================================================================

So basically you've only played the levels where supercharged items items are pointless.  Good for you.

I've put $40 into the game will most likely not have to put any more cash into it for the forseeable future regardless of any changes to the system.  That doesn't change the fact that not everyone is interested in doing that and may in fact simply not want to spend cash on the principle that they'd like that to be a decision that they make, not a decision the game forces them into.

Your points also still skirt around the fact that the system that allows people to get potatoes for free doesn't actually encourage people to keep playing the game.

You've been told by other people, people who beat the content of the game already that they don't need anything supercharged to beat any game content. Again, I will open an exception for high end waves of endless defense missions but that's as far as I'll go. If you can't accept this from people who pretty much say. Been there, done that. Then that is up to you. What you belive will not change despite whatever anyone says but hey, maybe there is something on youtube, maybe, I sure as hell not going to bother looking it up for you just to try to make a point.

The game doesn't forces anyone to do anything. If you don't want to spend the cash then you have to have the time to get it ingame, the game pretty much gives you 2 options. One you pay a minimal amount and by minimal I mean minimal. Heck, don't go to macdonalds one day and you can get it with that huge amount of money you saved (sarcasm). On the other hand, play the game for many hour a day... Heck, not even that, just make yourself available many hours a day to go in and make that random reward mission which has it (since you can just check the forum for when it has the drop) and you get it in game.

Again people just want the game to give them everything without having to work for it. You know what? The Devs need to have a job and they only have a job so long as the company makes money to pay their salaries (go figure that non-sense). Make everything easly attainable in game and no one pays for anything and when that happens the game inevitably dies.

guys, this potato system is so much better than in the early closed beta, where its a "pro" system and you can only use plats to "pro" your guns/frames, you all should be thankful that DE made the endgame reachable without spending a single penny unlike other f2p games

Zelgaris - While you do have a small point there. The work for it really bases itself on one principle and one principle only. If you have enough time, you can get anything in the game for free and that random drop on random reward alerts still serves that purpose. Make it a farmable boss for example and those BPs will be dropping like candy or you'd have to give them such a low chance drop on the boss that people would rage war on this forum because of how low the chance actually was (not to mention that then you'd still have a 50/50 chance of droping the right BP since it might drop you the one for the armor and you need the one for the weapon). Make it available on the market then you need to really make the price so incredibly high that people will most likelly say... Nah, I'm not going to spend that much.

LongDraw - I assume you noticed the Master Founder icon, right? So what the F*** are you talking about... you sound like the life and death of Warframe stands on Orokin Reactor/Catalyst. The point is providing player with choices and believe me, some would, even knowing you can spend few hours to get enough credits, pay the plat for it, or they farm for credits once and then decide it's more time/cost-effective for them to pay for it in real cash. Again, THAT IS THE POINT of allowing a player to decide.

Babalenong> What? You consider the current farming over and over again a proper endgame? Yeah, it's on the end of the current version, but it can be hardly called an endgame...

cant really complain about the current endgame, but the game is still on beta and there is a lot of bugs needing to be fixed, also if you are farming over and over again i guess you are playing the game a bit wrong here, get a few friend and play with them, help them unlock locked planets and stuff

huh, the quotes are fixed now

Edited by Babalenong

it should actually get the people playing because they want something they don't have the irl means to have, they want to super charge their frame  without purchasing plat with real money? do the alert missions. PLAY THE GAME.  it's still incentive wether they get screwed or not. i've been trying to potatoe my frost because i love the hell out of him and i've BEEN DOING the later planets with him and not my potatoed volt, so potatoes being part of progression isn't THAT viable there unless you want to really REALLY trick out your warframe. which means you have to play the game. which means you have to play the alert missions. which means you HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME. BECAUSE YOU WANT THAT POTATOE. the only reason why you're bringing it up is because ofcourse not every one has the chance or the time. that's understandable to think of those folk. but you also have to think that the fact the game doesnt expressly require you to potatoe your frames does not give a person the right to complain about being unable to potato them. infact it's less of a reason for them to complain.  if you want a potatoe and dont have the time to play the game but dont have the resources irl? well there's two of three things you can do. 1) make the time, 2) get soemthing on the side to be able to set aside some cash for potato money,3) don't worry about it potatoes are inconsequential to the progress of being able to play the game.

Edited by MagnumKnight

cant really complain about the current endgame, but the game is still on beta and there is a lot of bugs needing to be fixed, also if you are farming over and over again i guess you are playing the game a bit wrong here, get a few friend and play with them, help them unlock locked planets and stuff

huh, the quotes are fixed now

So, you are actually not talking about endgame :)

What about when you and your friends have everything unlocked and ranked? Som harder challenges, leaderboards (waves achieved, time for killing a boss, etc.), and stuff like that to keep the players playing - that I should call an endgame. But that a bit of offtopic here.

it should actually get the people playing because they want something they don't have the irl means to have, they want to super charge their frame  without purchasing plat with real money? do the alert missions. PLAY THE GAME.  it's still incentive wether they get screwed or not. i've been trying to potatoe my frost because i love the hell out of him and i've BEEN DOING the later planets with him and not my potatoed volt, so potatoes being part of progression isn't THAT viable there unless you want to really REALLY trick out your warframe. which means you have to play the game. which means you have to play the alert missions. which means you HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME. BECAUSE YOU WANT THAT POTATOE. the only reason why you're bringing it up is because ofcourse not every one has the chance or the time. that's understandable to think of those folk. but you also have to think that the fact the game doesnt expressly require you to potatoe your frames does not give a person the right to complain about being unable to potato them. infact it's less of a reason for them to complain.  if you want a potatoe and dont have the time to play the game but dont have the resources irl? well there's two of three things you can do. 1) make the time, 2) get soemthing on the side to be able to set aside some cash for potato money,3) don't worry about it potatoes are incesquential to the progress of being able to play the game.

Well, frame potatos are inconsequential with the current update. I don't know if you can call catalysts unnecessary after the recent enemy hp buff. I'm not sure there's an uncata'd weapon that can drop Hyena solo (maybe Gorgon? not sure) and once pistols and shotgun mods get nerfed (almost a certainty) some of the later missions will be pains in the rear to solo and boring as hell, but probably still doable.

Luckily DE recently went on a cata dropping spree.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

I understand that people need to make money on the game. But gentlemen... This is what stopping people from getting maximum game experiece and leveling up further. Essentially, this is now a trial mode, unless you invest money in the Reactors, and that's a cunsumable (Correct me if i'm wrong) As for me, I do not want to spend money on consumables. Another pain is getting them for free, you do need to be lucky to get those, and I'm not talking about the drop... It's actually the bluprint that's impossible to get (or the 7 day lucky pick, or the super lucky alert) So gentlemen if you agree or disagree with me, feel free to leave your possitive or negative response in the coment section below.

Try to get out of Mercury first.

Not trying to make this game totally free, I understand the needs for $$, but you can make them from something that is not affecting your furter gameplay, because for example I'm level 30, I can't get that item no matter how much time I'll spend on this game today, or on weekend, so for the weekend i'll be left W/O anything to level up => No progress => time wasted

Thus the new Alert Alerts system being implemented. If you happen to be in house but not playing you can get live updates to your smartphone telling you one's up for grabs. Simples no? Then you can groan in frustration at the supermarket or where ever you are at the time that precious alert pops up - but at least you'll know it did!

Edited by J-Pax

I wish I could run my company for free... I could and would agree with you 100% if they were say 100 platinum each. At 20, it's not even an issue. If you don't want to invest, fine. I, for one, and many others feel this is a game worth the support.

I can skip one meal of a burger and fries for 3 potatoes? Sounds good to me.

Edited by TheBear

You've been told by other people, people who beat the content of the game already that they don't need anything supercharged to beat any game content. Again, I will open an exception for high end waves of endless defense missions but that's as far as I'll go. If you can't accept this from people who pretty much say. Been there, done that. Then that is up to you. What you belive will not change despite whatever anyone says but hey, maybe there is something on youtube, maybe, I sure as hell not going to bother looking it up for you just to try to make a point.

The game doesn't forces anyone to do anything. If you don't want to spend the cash then you have to have the time to get it ingame, the game pretty much gives you 2 options. One you pay a minimal amount and by minimal I mean minimal. Heck, don't go to macdonalds one day and you can get it with that huge amount of money you saved (sarcasm). On the other hand, play the game for many hour a day... Heck, not even that, just make yourself available many hours a day to go in and make that random reward mission which has it (since you can just check the forum for when it has the drop) and you get it in game.

Again people just want the game to give them everything without having to work for it. You know what? The Devs need to have a job and they only have a job so long as the company makes money to pay their salaries (go figure that non-sense). Make everything easly attainable in game and no one pays for anything and when that happens the game inevitably dies.

=======================================================================================================

Lol,who is this?  Because I've also been there done that and anyone that thinks that supercharged items don't make things a S#&$ ton more viable is out of their mind.

And no, the game actually doesn't give you the option to play many hours a day and get catalysts.  It gives you a chance of being on at the right time, but the amount of time you're playing actually means very little in terms of getting the stuff you need from alerts.

The game only had a couple hundred concurrent users during closed beta for a reason, it wasn't for a lack of beta keys handed out or the difficulty of the game.  It was progression.  When the pro system was still going in there were daily threads about it.  And people made the same exact arguments about entitlement about a system that locked half of a weapons upgrade tree, and the 4th skill on frames were locked behind a pay wall.  DE didn't change to the catalyst system out philanthropy, they did it because a super majority of the player base did not like it and had indicated they would probably stop playing the game if it stayed.  They also probably saw incredibly high turn over rates on new players who hit a wall in terms of progress. 

When the steam numbers settle down and more people start stagnating, the player numbers will begin to drop just like they do for every game after they've been in open beta/release for a while.  It's the content and monetization schemes that determine how many players they'll keep.  If things stay as they are, there's a decent chance they won't hold on to as many players as they'd like to.

People always scream about entitlement in every f2p game when people ask for the game to follow an actual f2p model.  And then the devs/publisher agree with their knigths and watch their populations bleed out.  The most successful f2p games and most of the new big name f2p titles all let players actively work towards earning anything that affects gameplay.  Games that don't do that are just going to lose players to new titles.

And once again, potatoes are mandatory for continuous progress.

Which is more viable, the akbolto with multishot, +damage, and fire damage?  Or the one with +damage, multishot, fire damage, ice damage, +magazine capcity, +fire rate?

Which is more viable, the akbolto with multishot, +damage, and fire damage?  Or the one with +damage, multishot, fire damage, ice damage, +magazine capcity, +fire rate?

Neither!  The one with max multishot and damage and stun mods rules them all!!!

LongDraw - I assume you noticed the Master Founder icon, right? So what the F*** are you talking about... you sound like the life and death of Warframe stands on Orokin Reactor/Catalyst. The point is providing player with choices and believe me, some would, even knowing you can spend few hours to get enough credits, pay the plat for it, or they farm for credits once and then decide it's more time/cost-effective for them to pay for it in real cash. Again, THAT IS THE POINT of allowing a player to decide.

It may seem silly, but think about this.  For every player that wishes to purchase platinum to buy the OR or OC, they will have to spend minimum $5 USD.  Considering there were over 4000 viewers of the last live broadcast, how much do the developers get if they pay the average of 3% processing fee on all platinum purchases?

4,000 players

X  $5 minimum transaction

$20,000 in Total Purchases

X    0.97 (remainder after 3% fee)

$19,400 Total Profit

So there you see from just the smallest transaction, not even including new founder package purchases, they could get over $19,000 dollars which supports them at least 3 months minimum I'd bet.

It makes a difference!

I wish I could run my company for free... I could and would agree with you 100% if they were say 100 platinum each. At 20, it's not even an issue. If you don't want to invest, fine. I, for one, and many others feel this is a game worth the support. I can skip one meal of a burger and fries for 3 potatoes? Sounds good to me.

Ikr, allowing people to earn potatoes (which sell at ~ $1.33 a piece) through hours upon hours of gameplay would totally break the bank.  Are you people seriously thinking before you come up with this nonsense?  The low value of the item is why having a grinding option isn't an issue.  People that would be willing to pay for them now will still buy them if the grind is long enough.

Neither!  The one with max multishot and damage and stun mods rules them all!!!

It may seem silly, but think about this.  For every player that wishes to purchase platinum to buy the OR or OC, they will have to spend minimum $5 USD.  Considering there were over 4000 viewers of the last live broadcast, how much do the developers get if they pay the average of 3% processing fee on all platinum purchases?

4,000 players

X  $5 minimum transaction

$20,000 in Total Purchases

X    0.97 (remainder after 3% fee)

$19,400 Total Profit

So there you see from just the smallest transaction, not even including new founder package purchases, they could get over $19,000 dollars which supports them at least 3 months minimum I'd bet.

It makes a difference!

This. They're giving you a game that is good, but looks to be great in the future. I personally look at it and think "I'd usually be asked to pay $60 or a recurring sub for a game like this." and they're literally giving you an account that can run characters to their fullest potential, albeit without shiney colour palettes, for FREE. So, don't moan that something in game costs you $5. You could probably spend the time complaining about potatoes on the forums and essentially how your timing is just unlucky, and instead you could go out, work for an hour and earn the cost and probably then some of 3 potatoes.

Edited by J-Pax

750k for potatoes. Cost would be enormous but you can obtain it without having luck. But buying them with real money would still be interesting. End of the story....

Okay. just to give you an idea of what they would have to cost to make it realistic in the long run.  A player can easily earn over 250k credits in a day right now.  In order to maintain a long term profitability on the game at a most basic, I would imagine they'd have to make ORs and OCs cost somewhere around 1.5 million+.