Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Braton Prime

PeanutMonster

15ca5fa837c12ad91758fb64c5176479.png

dabe67e86b1ea0b2dab06f3f89763ddc.png

So, the powerful Orokin weapon is surpassed by a everyday Grineer assault rifle, which is also meant for the newly awakened Tenno. I thought Orokin weapons were supposed to be more powerful than the other weapons. Hell, even Tetra deals a bit higher sustained DPS than Braton Prime.

I'm suggesting that the damage of Braton Prime would be increased from 25,1 to 40 (2,1 Impact; 14,0 Puncture; 23,9 Slash) per bullet. Boltor Prime would still be superior with 15 points higher damage and 1,2 higher fire rate. 

I am suggesting this because I don't like Soma being the only high-DPS HITSCAN weapon in the game. I would like to see Braton Prime get the damage it deserves and be a viable option in high-level missions.

Edited by PeanutMonster

It would be awesome if they did this, but I kind of doubt it will happen.  The Braton prime has been sub par for a prime weapon since it was introduced roughly a year ago now. 

I think it should be buffed but also require a decently high mastery requirement.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Okay, first off; as an anti-Grineer build, that is horrible. I can get the same base DpS with 4 Forma, and with better element types to get even more damage against high-level Grineer.

That isn't to say you don't have a point, though; Braton Prime definitely needs a buff, and people have been saying that pretty much as long as it's been out. I can and have used it on T3 Survival and done very well, so it's most certainly not useless, but yes, it could definitely use a buff.

It would be awesome if they did this, but I kind of doubt it will happen.  The Braton prime has been sub par for a prime weapon since it was introduced nearing a year ago now. 

I think it should be buffed but also require a decently high mastery requirement.

Boltor Prime requires mastery rank of 2, that could use a increase as well.

Okay, first off; as an anti-Grineer build, that is horrible. I can get the same base DpS with 4 Forma, and with better element types to get even more damage against high-level Grineer.

That isn't to say you don't have a point, though; Braton Prime definitely needs a buff, and people have been saying that pretty much as long as it's been out. I can and have used it on T3 Survival and done very well, so it's most certainly not useless, but yes, it could definitely use a buff.

I know Radiation is better for Grineer. However, no matter which build you use, Karak will deal higher DPS.

Edited by PeanutMonster

So, the powerful Orokin weapon is surpassed by a everyday Grineer assault rifle, which is also meant for the newly awakened Tenno. I thought Orokin weapons were supposed to be more powerful than the other weapons. Hell, even Tetra deals a bit higher sustained DPS than Braton Prime.

I'm suggesting that the damage of Braton Prime would be increased from 25,1 to 40 (2,1 Impact; 14,0 Puncture; 23,9 Slash) per bullet. Boltor Prime would still be superior with 15 points higher damage and 1,2 higher fire rate. 

I am suggesting this because I don't like Soma being the only high-DPS HITSCAN weapon in the game. I would like to see Braton Prime get the damage it deserves and be a viable option in high-level missions.

You clearly are missing out on the crit damage build for Braton Prime.

I used to think that pure raw damage is alright for this rifle, but you try mixing it with a damage + crit chance and crit damage + 1 element (combined). This weapon would rek even more than boltor and do upward 800 to 1.5K per crit (useful crit chance is 25% + a 4.2 times damage) which is actually alot.

I am not kidding, braton prime isn't just your raw damage gun, it is the most balanced and well rounded gun that can be built for almost every single build with almost 0 drawbacks. It is in a sense perfect.

Not worth it. Elemental damage gets damage buff when used against correct faction, crit damage doesn't get buffs like that.

The multiplier damage + chance for crit damage works out to be a force multiplier to your previous elemental damage bonus.