Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improved Weapon Trails

Ethice

While flailling about in an Infested defense mission I enountered a visual bug that lead to an awesome weapon trail glitch that persisted for the duration of the mission after it occured. After using Radial Javelin and or Radial Blind imediately after and flailling about I noticed my weapon's trail was a whole lot more epic than usual. It turned out I was weilding one of Excalibur's plasma Skanas instead of Silva and the weapon trail from Radial Blind over rode the standard weapon trail. Eventually Silva reappeared in Excalibur's hand, but the plasma Skana was still visible as well.

Barring many weapons in the game still have low grade weapon trails, the trail being just a simple gradient fade from the tip of the weapon towards the handle I think this bug is a good guideline for how weapon trails should eventually look.

2014-07-24_00018_zpsad377e5f.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x3/Ethice/2014-07-24_00018_zpsad377e5f.jpg

2014-07-24_00017_zps7888f9d2.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x3/Ethice/2014-07-24_00017_zps7888f9d2.jpg

[ Please note I'm not posting this as a bug report. I'm posting this as a suggestion. ]

Agreed. The Nikana/D. Nikana, Prova, and most Longsword weapon trails are particularly disappointing. I like the channeled visuals on the Fang Prime and Nami Skyla quite a bit, though. Wish they all looked like that. 

The longsword weapon trails are the better looking ones. Dual Daggers and Staves seem to have the low quality plain gradient trails.

The longsword weapon trails are the better looking ones. Dual Daggers and Staves seem to have the low quality plain gradient trails.

Which, overall, look dirtier and don't get nearly as bright. Maybe if they had the same sort of bloom levels as their plain-gradient trails, they'd look good, but at the moment I'd take a gradient trail that is bright and colorful over the dull scribble of color we have now. 

Sorry I misunderstood, though. 

No worries. I get your point. Personally the best weapon trails I've ever seen were the weapon trails in Ninja Gaiden Black. It was just a distortion effect that followed your weapon when swinging, but it looked so cool. The Radial Blind weapon trail has a similar distortion effect along with a better looking energy color pattern

OMG Yes I noticed this on survival as well, I though it was one of the new mods I equipped for channeling, or a teammate buff, since I am fairly new to the game. I was squeaking like a little girl over how cool and happy I was, to shortly later find out it was a bug -_-