Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Lore Doesn't Really Make Sense

Sonoka

I'm guessing the feral kubrows have evolved, gaining a longer lifespan over the oh so many years that the Orokin have been gone and the kubrows have been left by themselves in the jungles of Earth.

The ones we uses are taken back to the stage they were at during the Orokin Era.

so our kubrows are inferior versions of evolved feral kubrows then? i want a feral kubrow now.

Well, i would prefer a feral kubrow then... they seem more "stable" : D

I don't think they can use the kubrow powers of granting shields and becoming invisible and stuff, and I don't think they can be bonded to Tenno either.

Evolution. They gained lifespan, they lost other things. Things they didn't need.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

I don't think they can use the kubrow powers of granting shields and becoming invisible and stuff, and I don't think they can be bonded to Tenno either.

look at that!... and i was thinking that orokin techonology was so advanced... but they can't make a feral kubrow bond to us or use skills... they can only do that with low grade kubrows that are bound to deteriorate everyday of their lives, i bet our kubrows would say "kiiilll meee..." like Ripley in that Alien movie if they could speak.

Edited by Orbister

Feral kubrows exist only on earth, where they are generally protected from cosmic radiation to which they would be exposed, were they traveling from planet to planet, and station to station. Our kubrows, without the benefit of the earth's protection, are subject to much greater levels of ionizing radiation, which explains the need for stabilizing DNA.

That's my guess anyway.

look at that!... and i was thinking that orokin techonology was so advanced... but they can't make a feral kubrow bond to us or use skills... they can only do that with low grade kubrows that are bound to deteriorate everyday of their lives, i bet our kubrows would say "kiiilll meee..." like Ripley in that Alien movie if they could speak.

I'm sure the Orokin could do all of that with their advanced technology if they weren't extinct.

It's not like we, the warrior-gods made for the sake of fighting, would know much about genetic experiments.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

We have a genetically altered version of the Feral Kubrows.

"After the fall of the Orokin, these former pets were left to fend for themselves. Only the most vicious survived, evolving into deadly pack hunters that now pervade Earth's dense forests. Intensely territorial, the Kubrow will attack any creature unlucky enough to cross their path."  — Codex Entry.

I gathered they were the DNA altered Kubrows from the Orokin Era, which means they are DNA altered for a specific purpose as well.

So how did they survive?

Edited by AVEOX

Feral kubrows exist only on earth, where they are generally protected from cosmic radiation to which they would be exposed, were they traveling from planet to planet, and station to station. Our kubrows, without the benefit of the earth's protection, are subject to much greater levels of ionizing radiation, which explains the need for stabilizing DNA.

That's my guess anyway.

There is NO one single mention of cosmic radiation in any piece of lore or is there? that means it's not a game mechanic either that means it doesn't exist in the game, so... we can't say the feral kubrows can only exist on Earth, good try though, using common sense to explain an arbitrary limitation, i would be happy with it if cosmic radiation actually existed in the game, or does it? and i'm not aware of it?

I'm sure the Orokin could do all of that with their advanced technology if they weren't extinct.

It's not like we, the warrior-gods made for the sake of fighting, would know much about genetic experiments.

We recently made Nova from scratch... but we can't make durable kubrows... kinda weird huh?

There is NO one single mention of cosmic radiation in any piece of lore or is there? that means it's not a game mechanic either that means it doesn't exist in the game, so... we can't say the feral kubrows can only exist on Earth, good try though, using common sense to explain an arbitrary limitation, i would be happy with it if cosmic radiation actually existed in the game, or does it? and i'm not aware of it?

Well, space exists. So does the Sun. If you really want to question realism in warframe, ask why there is sound in space.

Well, space exists. So does the Sun. If you really want to question realism in warframe, ask why there is sound in space.

I don't want to question realism, but if cosmic radiation is NEVER mentioned, it probably means that nobody cares about it because probably nobody is affected by it... also, as there is sound in space that means that warframe is not exctly a simulator, that reinforces my argument, that it is not because of cosmic radiation that kubrows deteriorate constantly it is because somebody at the Desing department thought it was a good idea to make kubrows very needy so we were forced to tend for them, which is BAD design, because if it was good we would tend to them for positive reasons, not for penalties, game mechanics can be designed around benefits or penalties, when you design them about benefits people feel encourage to engage in game mechanics instead of forced.

Edited by Orbister