The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I For One Welcome Our New Color Overlords.

Nxai

Seriously? It's not that big of a deal. Oh no, the colors have saturation now. Oh no, I have to spend another 2 minutes recoloring my already set color set to literally the exact same color it had before by going 2 blocks down the line. Oh no, I get a totally free new color set of those same colors I liked. Cmon, seriously? This community is just plain ungrateful.

The new colors are brighter, and darker respectively, and allow actual customization with just the basic color palette column that is unlocked. DE did right by us for fixing something that they personally found to be they're mistake instead of just letting it be ignored because the community was used to it. Then, they went out of they're way, because they knew some of you guys, apparently most of you, liked the colors you were using and made an entirely new color pack with the same washed out lived in colors in them, and gave it to you, free.

DE. Thank you, not only do you put up with this community and it's constant need to make every change you do seem wrong, but you make the extra effort to fix things that should have been different in the first place.

I've never really understood all the complaints DE get I know it helps the game by pointing out bugs and I know people have the right to complain but sometimes it gets a little out of hand like when people spam RIOT in region before every update and expect it EXACTLY ON WEDNESDAY then wonder why it has so many bugs.

And I for one like the new colors and think my kubrow looks better now.

Sorry for any broken english I haven't slept and it's 10 AM

I don't have colors that are brighter. All of my Warframe/Sentinel colors are much darker and much more saturated. They don't match the colors on the palettes. If you want to call me a whiner for recognizing a clear problem, go ahead.

I've never really understood all the complaints DE get I know it helps the game by pointing out bugs and I know people have the right to complain but sometimes it gets a little out of hand like when people spam RIOT in region before every update and expect it EXACTLY ON WEDNESDAY then wonder why it has so many bugs.

And I for one like the new colors and think my kubrow looks better now.

Sorry for any broken english I haven't slept and it's 10 AM

Its a side effect of giving the community so much power. DE has the incredible ability to listen to it's community and provide to their wants. Unfortunately that means everyone wants the game exactly to how they want and are willing to fight about it. They can't just stop and think... Wow. Good job, DE. Shame.

I don't have colors that are brighter. All of my Warframe/Sentinel colors are much darker and much more saturated. They don't match the colors on the palettes. If you want to call me a whiner for recognizing a clear problem, go ahead.

The old colors looked like the Warframe went through the washer one too many times. They were bland. That's my taste. You think its the opposite. That's not a 'problem', that's an opinion. I've seen you on every single thread about colors calling it a problem.

This. To boot, if plat was paid for a color pack, these are not the colors this person paid for. Bait and switch at it's "finest". These colors were tested to make sure they looked good to the person buying the color picker. DE had a lot better ways to go about fixing the issue (match the colors on the squares to the actual colors on the warframe, change one pallete at a time with an additional pallete for all the missing colors)

The old colors looked like the Warframe went through the washer one too many times. They were bland. That's my taste. You think its the opposite. That's not a 'problem', that's an opinion. I've seen you on every single thread about colors calling it a problem.

I don't care what your taste was or if you didn't like the colors that were offered. That's not the point. Those "bland" colors were what were on the palettes. If DE wanted richer colors, then they should have just made a new color pack. I understand why so many people like this hotfix. The game doesn't have dark colors. It needed them. But this was not the way to go about it. The colors are wrong now.

If the color on the warframe/sentinel doesn't match the color on the palette, then the color is wrong and it's a problem.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I don't care what your taste was or if you didn't like the colors that were offered. That's not the point. Those "bland" colors were what were on the palettes. If DE wanted richer colors, then they should have just made a new color pack. I understand why so many people like this hotfix. The game doesn't have dark colors. It needed them. But this was not the way to go about it. The colors are wrong now.

They were broken from the start. Now I have to admit its a strange bug to fix out of all of them, but still. Did they not mention somewhere that it was coming? I don't understand why everyone has such a problem with a slight variation. Apparently a lot players have managed to get almost identical colors back. (accidentally upvoted instead of quote, ggnore)

They were broken from the start. Now I have to admit its a strange bug to fix out of all of them, but still. Did they not mention somewhere that it was coming? I don't understand why everyone has such a problem with a slight variation. Apparently a lot players have managed to get almost identical colors back. (accidentally upvoted instead of quote, ggnore)

The colors actually matched the palette colors before though. The shaders were broken. So the colors were broken to make them look right. DE fixed the shaders but didn't go back and fix the colors.

I don't care what your taste was or if you didn't like the colors that were offered.

If the color on the warframe/sentinel doesn't match the color on the palette, then the color is wrong and it's a problem.

Well why should anyone care about what you think, then? I didn't exactly hate the old colors, but in comparison its a different story.

The colors match fine to me.

You're correct in that some of the colors still don't match, but they matched even less before, and most of them looked terrible. Now that they're fixed we'll most likely be seeing a greater variation in color schemes, which is generally a good thing. 

I just went and glanced through every color palette with color correction on and then off. Both times I could see no real difference from the color on the frame and the color on patch. So if you could maybe, provide pictures, or any kind of evidence of the difference in hue except your own personal perception that might help your argument.

Well why should anyone care about what you think, then? I didn't exactly hate the old colors, but in comparison its a different story.

The colors match fine to me.

Take a screenshot of your frame in the arsenal with a chosen color. Put that picture in Paint or Photoshop or whatever. Select the selected palette color (the square) and move that square until it's partly overlaying the corresponding color on the Warframe. Post that photoshopped picture here, and tell me if they match.

You're correct in that some of the colors still don't match, but they matched even less before, and most of them looked terrible. Now that they're fixed we'll most likely be seeing a greater variation in color schemes, which is generally a good thing. 

Exactly. Give it some time.

hScGFH.png

Look at the selected color in the palette and the corresponding color on the frame. I've overlayed that square on top of the corresponding color on the frame. This issue applies to every color in the game. They do not match.

Wow, so many smartasses in 1 thread.

Seriously? It's not that big of a deal. Oh no, the colors have saturation now. Oh no, I have to spend another 2 minutes recoloring my already set color set to literally the exact same color it had before by going 2 blocks down the line. Oh no, I get a totally free new color set of those same colors I liked. Cmon, seriously? This community is just plain ungrateful.

Well, if you that kind of guy who colors every frame in black+red just after you pull it out of foundry, there are no issues for you, sure.

For everybody else adopting to new colors is much more complicated task, especially if you used not only default and saturated palettes. I spent literally 1,5 hours trying to recolor my frames after just giving up with that. Many colors just don't have matches in new palettes, and some palettes are pretty much broken (such as Storm, for example), having about 1/3 of its colors showing as plain black.

But yeah. Judging by this, todays gamers are not very discerning, and will eat any mediocre S#&$ if it will be fed for them for free.

So I guess you're just going to ignore what's right in front of your face then. Do this same test that I've done, and post your screenshot results here. Prove to me that they actually match, because all I've seen is the colors not matching. I've already provided proof that they don't match. It's one thing for you to like the new colors. It's another thing for you to pretend like they match. Oh, and being "right" means that the colors on the warframes should match the colors in the palettes. And if the warframe colors don't match (they don't), then they should be changed to match what's in the palettes. Why? Because people pay for the color packs based on the colors in the color palette.

So I guess you're just going to ignore what's right in front of your face then. Do this same test that I've done, and post your screenshot results here. Prove to me that they actually match, because all I've seen is the colors not matching. I've already provided proof that they don't match. It's one thing for you to like the new colors. It's another thing for you to pretend like they match. Oh, and being "right" means that the colors on the warframes should match the colors in the palettes. And if the warframe colors don't match (they don't), then they should be changed to match what's in the palettes. Why? Because people pay for the color packs based on the colors in the color palette.

Photoshop matching of a swatch to a in-game, lighting and shadow effected color wont match because of the environment effecting the outcome.

Edited by Toztman

Damn, Totzman beat me to it. The swatches will never match, but they're much closer than they were before. 

I'm not ignoring anything. It matches to me. I click a lighter blue I get one. I bought the saturated pack because I liked the colors, and I got just that. I'm not pretending, either.