The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I For One Welcome Our New Color Overlords.

Nxai

I don't get what the fuss is about on a minor problem with the colour. It's just a colour. What I see in the colour picker is red, then it's red. I don't care if its 5% less red or 5% more red. It's red and it looks red, that's red. Put it on my warframe, it's still red. Just remember, DE can't please everybody. If you hate something in the game that's just as small and tiny as this, the very very tiny detail. You're going to just deal with it.

I don't know... I was waiting for the day that the colors would actually be "fixed" - orange being actually orange instead of light-yellow, yellow being yellow instead of a light-brown

I for one thank DE for finally fixing this issue ^^

I don't know... I was waiting for the day that the colors would actually be "fixed" - orange being actually orange instead of light-yellow, yellow being yellow instead of a light-brown

I for one thank DE for finally fixing this issue ^^

I guess I'm just unlucky that all my oranges are red then.

Here's some comparisons made with dynamic lighting on.

EBufghR.jpg

And a simple one with it off.

M89OEdX.jpg

How do these match?

I can appreciate the effort you put into that comparison Onisa, but as said above, lighting and shadows of the environment affects these colors. The coloring of everything in your ship will be different then it will be on earths forests, or in a corpus ship where everything has a blue hue to it. The colors match, but they can't "match" in application due to environment values. Just look at your frame's chest for this example.  The orange is really close to matching in the section just under the blue but gets darker in the middle section and going down where the lights situated above you don't illuminate. Contrary your feet are a really close match because they stick out horizontally and are getting the same shot of the light.

I can appreciate the effort you put into that comparison Onisa, but as said above, lighting and shadows of the environment affects these colors. The coloring of everything in your ship will be different then it will be on earths forests, or in a corpus ship where everything has a blue hue to it. The colors match, but they can't "match" in application due to environment values. Just look at your frame's chest for this example.  The orange is really close to matching in the section just under the blue but gets darker in the middle section and going down where the lights situated above you don't illuminate. Contrary your feet are a really close match because they stick out horizontally and are getting the same shot of the light.

I paint and show miniatures as a hobby, so I am well aware of lighting and how it can affect colors.

Highlights are just that, and not the actual color. That's why I chose the middle ground between the highlight and shadow, as that is where the color should match. Emphasis on should. If you notice in the in depth example, all of the comparisons are in the same area at roughly the same angle.

The point of choosing to take the screen caps where I did was to show the colors under neutral conditions. If and when Warframe allows players to switch up their colors mid mission such lighting will be relevent for color matching, but until then the ship's arsenal will have to suffice.

The point of choosing to take the screen caps where I did was to show the colors under neutral conditions. If and when Warframe allows players to switch up their colors mid mission such lighting will be relevent for color matching, but until then the ship's arsenal will have to suffice.

The ship's lighting is not neutral. It's very blue/white, it makes everything look shiny and colorful. You might want to try it in the void or grineer asteroid sets, the lighting is more even there. 

The ship's lighting is not neutral. It's very blue/white, it makes everything look shiny and colorful. You might want to try it in the void or grineer asteroid sets, the lighting is more even there. 

While the back room of the Liset does feature cool tones the lighting is fairly neutral given the warm lighting of the front room and the harsher lighting of the void.Asteroid bases are also warmly lit. If anything, I would have expected people to comment on my bare bones graphics settings. That full body shot has nothing enabled besides weapons elemental fx. Perhaps that's where your tinting comes from?

Even if that's the case, why are most of the colors darker than the swatches? Bright white will desaturated a color where it hits while cool light will influence the tone. Technically, if the ship does have such lighting it only proves the colors are over saturated in regards to the swatches. The highlights are where they match best, after all.

Even if that's the case, why are most of the colors darker than the swatches? Bright white will desaturated a color where it hits while cool light will influence the tone. Technically, if the ship does have such lighting it only proves the colors are over saturated in regards to the swatches. The highlights are where they match best, after all.

It may be your monitor, because those colors look almost identical to me. I turned my monitor's saturation down, most come with it up a little to make colors look nicer and the lighting/evenness of the swatch would be more noticeable then compared to your body.

Beyond that, the way those are pasted on creates an artificial division between the two colors which causes our eye to perceive them differently.

I don't expect them to ever be a perfect match, but they're pretty damn close and a hell of a lot better than what we had before. 

It may be your monitor, because those colors look almost identical to me. I turned my monitor's saturation down, most come with it up a little to make colors look nicer and the lighting/evenness of the swatch would be more noticeable then compared to your body.

Beyond that, the way those are pasted on creates an artificial division between the two colors which causes our eye to perceive them differently.

I don't expect them to ever be a perfect match, but they're pretty damn close and a hell of a lot better than what we had before. 

My monitor is 1080p and I deal with color on a daily basis for my job, perhaps that's why it sands out to me so much. (speaking of which...)

Except in nearly every selection the swatch one shade darker is an almost perfect match for the color on the frame.

For me they're just as off, except now everything is darker rather than lighter.

My monitor is 1080p and I deal with color on a daily basis for my job, perhaps that's why it sands out to me so much. (speaking of which...)

Except in nearly every selection the swatch one shade darker is an almost perfect match for the color on the frame.

For me they're just as off, except now everything is darker rather than lighter.

I'm no expert on color so I'm gonna defer to you here, that is probably correct. To me and on my monitor everything looks correct now, but it's possible my settings are off from the norm or something. 

This. To boot, if plat was paid for a color pack, these are not the colors this person paid for. Bait and switch at it's "finest". These colors were tested to make sure they looked good to the person buying the color picker. DE had a lot better ways to go about fixing the issue (match the colors on the squares to the actual colors on the warframe, change one pallete at a time with an additional pallete for all the missing colors)

I don't care what your taste was or if you didn't like the colors that were offered. That's not the point. Those "bland" colors were what were on the palettes. If DE wanted richer colors, then they should have just made a new color pack. I understand why so many people like this hotfix. The game doesn't have dark colors. It needed them. But this was not the way to go about it. The colors are wrong now.

If the color on the warframe/sentinel doesn't match the color on the palette, then the color is wrong and it's a problem.

hScGFH.png

Look at the selected color in the palette and the corresponding color on the frame. I've overlayed that square on top of the corresponding color on the frame. This issue applies to every color in the game. They do not match.

Very much agreed, also could that brown be any more off?