Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26 & 27/07/14: Server Issues - Internet_Cannot_Connect - Please Be Patient

Azazelbishop

Question

are the game servers down keep getting (ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT)?

Edit Yaer: confirmed. DE are not at work atm and we cannot contact them. Let's hope it'll solve itself nicely. They'll be informed tomorrow if the problem persists.

Please, try to connect just once or twice in an hour to ease the server.

Official status about server issues: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/275479-late-saturdaysunday-login-issues/'>here

Went back up for about an hour, back down again.

I was pleased that it got "fixed" so quickly, but I just got disconnected while battling with The Harvester - I just got cheated out of The Detron, one of the rarest weapons in the game, and several members of my clan just got disconnected during the Steel Charge alert, which won't be there when they get back.

What kind of a company that offers a 24/7 service lets all it's staff members take their day off on the exact same day? Not even small-scale businesses do that.

I have to agree, but, it's still in beta. Open beta, sure, but still in beta, so hopefully by the time beta's done all major problems will be fixed. We just gotta hang in there 'til then.

yeah yeah, most of player only have the weekends to play, weekend reachs, and the server is down, shameful, even for a "free game".

If you don't buy plat, ok, sit over there and watch, for who buy plat and support de Devs,  this is wrong, we are paying for the game, the game have at least, the minimum, have support on weekends too.

you pay taxes.

try to get into a public office on the weekends...they are closed.

But you pay taxes...

please people..be real?

please?

Yeah, but you know that Public offices don't work on weekends, if you ask they will say "we don't work on weekends" (at least here on brazil is like that)  :v  warframe is 24/7 product.

your argument is invalid.

No one would complain, if there were people working in a fix :v

The devs are NOT machines. They are people. People who require sleep and rest to stay functional. A well rested dev will solve your problems MUCH faster than a sleepy dev.

Speaking of sleepy, have you been watching the streams at all? Didn't you notice how damn tired those folk have been this week? It is because they solved tons of issues and released tons of hotfixes trying to provide a fun environment for their players. Show some gratitude, give them a break, and if you feel like hating go play something else for a while. 

We don't want haters here. gtfo.

we don't but it's a free game so why flame DE ...

So, being a free game is the scapegoat for all shady business practices?

Look, if DE is trying to make it in the gaming industry, along side a solid product(which they have), they need to be able to support it.  If there is a skeleton crew or no one manning the operations center, that is just a horrible support model.  No company, gaming or not, puts out live products without any sort of support.  If no one is in the operations center, at the very least someone would have driven into the office to fix the problem once and for all.  Having a community mod tell us "Hey, we are a small company and cant afford to have people in the office on weekends,...so just be patient, wait until tomorrow, hopefully it'll work itself out" is the most outrageous response to a service outage.

If DE wants to grow and be taken seriously, this needs to stop.  I dont mind the bugs, or the crashes.  But they need support to squash a network issue asap, not wait it out.  They will get a very bad rep in the gaming industry for crummy customer support, and not go very far as a result.

The devs are NOT machines. They are people. People who require sleep and rest to stay functional. A well rested dev will solve your problems MUCH faster than a sleepy dev.

Speaking of sleepy, have you been watching the streams at all? Didn't you notice how damn tired those folk have been this week? It is because they solved tons of issues and released tons of hotfixes trying to provide a fun environment for their players. Show some gratitude, give them a break, and if you feel like hating go play something else for a while. 

The problem my firend, they don't have OTHER people to do their work when they are off.

I have to agree, but, it's still in beta. Open beta, sure, but still in beta, so hopefully by the time beta's done all major problems will be fixed. We just gotta hang in there 'til then.

A game that opens its cash shop is not in beta, imo.  Neverwinter was the same way.  They claimed beta, but they had a cash shop and took money(voluntarily, but still).  If you have revenue coming in, I don't consider your game beta.  

The only thing that will happen between "beta" and "live" with warframe is some quasi-large content patch, bug squashing, and some other 'XXX 2.0' stuff.

So, being a free game is the scapegoat for all shady business practices?

Look, if DE is trying to make it in the gaming industry, along side a solid product(which they have), they need to be able to support it.  If there is a skeleton crew or no one manning the operations center, that is just a horrible support model.  No company, gaming or not, puts out live products without any sort of support.  If no one is in the operations center, at the very least someone would have driven into the office to fix the problem once and for all.  Having a community mod tell us "Hey, we are a small company and cant afford to have people in the office on weekends,...so just be patient, wait until tomorrow, hopefully it'll work itself out" is the most outrageous response to a service outage.

If DE wants to grow and be taken seriously, this needs to stop.  I dont mind the bugs, or the crashes.  But they need support to squash a network issue asap, not wait it out.  They will get a very bad rep in the gaming industry for crummy customer support, and not go very far as a result.

It's in beta please

Edited by Sijnder

You all said it yourself - it's still a growing business. There's still lots of room for them to expand themselves and to fix these kind of problems. Once again, we just have to wait it out for awhile and hope for the best.

Its also called rotational support.  7am-7pm, 7pm-7am, etc, or some variation.

Ive worked service desk/help desk(24 hour), moved into 24 hour operational support(servers, outages, etc..holidays and weekends), I am now on the business analytics / statistics end of it all.  

Rotation rotation.

Well it's not like this is the first time this happens in any game - even successful games have problems with their servers. For instance, Blizzard, huge hit everywhere and yet there are times when you have to wait about 8 hours for the servers to get fixed. No company is perfect.

Well it's not like this is the first time this happens in any game - even successful games have problems with their servers. For instance, Blizzard, huge hit everywhere and yet there are times when you have to wait about 8 hours for the servers to get fixed. No company is perfect.

Example World Of Warcraft Beta

I understa

Cesmode it's in beta pls ...

Po1sOn4Ppl3z i agree

The devs say its in beta...so I can forgive bugs, imbalance, crashes, etc.  

The fact that it is in beta does not forgive the lack of human support of the game.  That part should be fleshed out before the game is available.  Beta or not, you need support staff ready to fix outages or game breaking bugs.

Let me ask: Beta or not...if you played Neverwinter during its "beta", I think there was an auction house bug that allowed people to accumulate immense wealth in the game without spending a penny.  A lot of damage was done to the economy of that game, but they had the staff on call and on hand to address it before it got out of hand.  If those devs said "eh, its the weekend, we'll take a look at it on monday", that game would be dead.

are the game servers down keep getting (ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT)?

Edit Yaer: confirmed. DE are not at work atm and we cannot contact them. Let's hope it'll solve itself nicely. They'll be informed tomorrow if the problem persists.

Please, try to connect just once or twice in an hour to ease the server.

You're a Mod and you can't contact them? FAIL

I have a hard time believing that no one in their IT department monitors these servers. I have an even harder time believing that no one monitors these forums for business critical issues. Triple FAIL

I understa

The devs say its in beta...so I can forgive bugs, imbalance, crashes, etc.  

The fact that it is in beta does not forgive the lack of human support of the game.  That part should be fleshed out before the game is available.  Beta or not, you need support staff ready to fix outages or game breaking bugs.

Let me ask: Beta or not...if you played Neverwinter during its "beta", I think there was an auction house bug that allowed people to accumulate immense wealth in the game without spending a penny.  A lot of damage was done to the economy of that game, but they had the staff on call and on hand to address it before it got out of hand.  If those devs said "eh, its the weekend, we'll take a look at it on monday", that game would be dead.

So they don't do a whipe after the beta ? ....

A game that opens its cash shop is not in beta, imo.  Neverwinter was the same way.  They claimed beta, but they had a cash shop and took money(voluntarily, but still).  If you have revenue coming in, I don't consider your game beta.  

The only thing that will happen between "beta" and "live" with warframe is some quasi-large content patch, bug squashing, and some other 'XXX 2.0' stuff.

Ask yourself,

Does this game really look like it isn't in Beta? 

Think of the cash shop as a way to fund the progression of the game. 

So they don't do a whipe after the beta ? ....

During the "open beta" like we are in with Warframe,no they didnt do a wipe.  I think they did a roll back to undue some of the damage, but it was only a few hours or something.

DE wont wipe our stuff after "open beta" for two reasons:  Its been in open beta for 1-2 years or something AND the cash shop has been live forever.  Money has been spent, a lot of money.  Hence why I disagree that this game is in beta...Imagine the anarchy if they did wipe when it officially launches.

Edited by cesmode

See here, if you're here on this thread complaining about how the game is rubbish and the support is rubbish so on and so fort, then why bother with the game? You might as well save yourselves some nerve cells and just quit right here and now. Or you can just wait it out patiently and hope the problem gets fixed soon.