Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Volt (Personal Opionion)

Nervara

Their nothing wrong with volt you complain about nyx using ability for defence so can volt

1) Guerrilla tactic (hit and run) Use speed to dodge bullet and when high HP sheild is getting low run away and let your sheild recharge.

2) Use electric sheild as it tanks better then rhino with iron skin at higher tier.

3) Use shock to stun enermy this is very useful for reviving team mates or reloading. All of these similar 25 mana damaging spells are not design to do alot of damage.

A unmodified volt with speed on runs faster then any other unmodified frame that why he has the default speed.

All known but duly noted :P Speed does make a difference but he's the lightning frame. More speed is all I can say to you. + I constantly get complainers in lobbies. Saying things like "Don't use speed, it's distracting" I still use it but it gets a little annoying hearing people say that. 

I like Volt just fine as-is. The only thing I would consider changing is either giving him a faster cast time or some temporary invincibility while casting his Overload. Overload leaves him so vulnerable that I'm considering just dropping it from my build and going for a pure support role, which is sort of disappointing because Overload is fun to use and it looks nice.

And yeah, Natural Talent is an option, but none of his other abilities would really benefit from it.

True. Overload is decent for T3+ because it has a mild stun AOE. I use it for defence but it could use some work. Needs a stun buff. Natural Talent is an option but takes up a mod slot. 

Personally, I've never used Volt as much of a damage frame.  I've always found I far prefer his sheer utility (in the form of Speed or Electric Shield).

If Volt really needs any changes, I would say that those changes should be to unify his kit around a single stat.

As far as Overload is concerned, I would personally move it to his number 3 slot, cut its energy cost, and give it a faster execution (while also gutting its damage).  Thus, it would become a quick, radial stun.

Meanwhile, I would move his Electric Shield to his 4 slot, increase the energy cost, and make it scale with Power Strength.

This would give his two most used abilities (E. Shield and Speed) scalings that complement, as opposed to the present tradeoff.  It would also re-enforce his role as a caster frame who distributes buffs to himself and to team-mates, not raw damage.

I kind of think that Volt should be split into two separate frames, with a kind of thunder/lightning design. The 'Lightning' frame would get a higher base sprint speed, lowered health, retain Volt's 1 and 4, and gain two other damaging/damage buffing abilities, much like Ember. 'Thunder' would receive lowered shields, increased health and armor, retain Volt's sprint speed, 2, and 3, while gaining more utility/cc.

People need to stop making thread titles that imply crisis and remakes.  If you want to buff armor, call the thread "buff Volt's armor to help him melee."  Don't make it look like "VOLT IS AWFUL AND I KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!"

I never said Volt is awful, in fact I said it was my favourite frame. I also talked about either increasing armor or sprint speed. How to fix (personal opinion) should imply someone honest ideas and not trying to push them on others. I can only see your post as an irrelevant post to justify you dislike for my opinion :)   

I never said Volt is awful, in fact I said it was my favourite frame. I also talked about either increasing armor or sprint speed. How to fix (personal opinion) should imply someone honest ideas and not trying to push them on others. I can only see your post as an irrelevant post to justify you dislike for my opinion :)   

I actually agree that more base speed and armor wouldn't be bad for Volt.  I should have made it clearer that the post was directed to feedback givers as a whole rather than just you.  I cannot stress enough that focusing on individual changes and fixes is much more efficient and effective than talking about "fixes" and "reworks."  Sorry about that; reading this forum takes its toll after a while.  

I actually agree that more base speed and armor wouldn't be bad for Volt.  I should have made it clearer that the post was directed to feedback givers as a whole rather than just you.  I cannot stress enough that focusing on individual changes and fixes is much more efficient and effective than talking about "fixes" and "reworks."  Sorry about that; reading this forum takes its toll after a while.  

Understandable, I'd just like to close this thread now. I was hoping we could all just discuss and trade ideas but that didn't happen :( Sorry if some of you didn't like my opinion. Have fun everyone. 

Very hard. I'm kinda done with posting opinion threads. I think it's better to have these opinions and keep them out of the forums. Most don't have to the ability to simply look at a post and start a friendly conversation. Some thought I was complaining about Volt be underpowered. Not the case, I was simply talking about what "I" would like to see. Others think he's fine and I respect their opinions.  

Edited by Corvosin