Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Shipyard And Corpus Ice Planet Could Fit On Any Solid Planet

Innocent_Flower

So I was playing them both the other day and I was thinking..

- This grineer tileset's exterior geometry would look absolutely fantastic as an ice version. If you changed the black rock and sand to Ice and snow it'd look incredible, and you could change the rain percipitation to snow too. 

To a lesser extent, I also thought that tileset would look good in a desert and also as a resource harvesting plant on earth. 

- The corpus Ice planet would still look realy nice if you removed that snow, or made it sandy and desert like, or even if you gave it grass or made it's surface look as inhospitable as the ceres area. 

Why? 

- Retextures are far, far easier than complete new tilesets. So rather than a "soon" for having unique tiles for more areas we could have a "within the next month or two". Not saying that getting completely unique tiles for more areas is something I don't want, but if we want more variety fast; this could be done first. 

- Invasions. Whilst I'm sure the Grineer could use corpus outposts when they take over something, I'm fairly convinced they'd rather use their own technology and put their own outposts down and vice versa for the corpus

- Quests. The vor's prize quest gave us ceres and the iceplanet on earth and whilst you could excuse the ice environment, ceres has black sky and a black land and big guns everywhere and it doesn't realy fit. 

- Arctic grineer, New drop-tables. 

I can attest to the ease of switching out texture files, to create the feeling of having moved elsewhere without actually giving many more resources to the effort. Not sure if such a feat could reasonably work in all tile sets, but it'd do well until further tile types can be added. The recent tile endcap additions were great for those that love to explore every nook & cranny, like myself. ^_^ Most of those appeared to be easily switchable for other texture climes, if so wanted, too.