Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afuris.

NydusTemplar

So, I'm fairly new to the game, and thought it doesn't seem so now, I've heard this weapon (Afuris) is something grand when you've got all sorts of mods and supercharging going on.

However, when its just a little tyke of a gun, not all grown up and chewing thru bosses all on its lonesome, its a really tough weapon to use.

The very limited ammo reserve means you basically can't use it very often.  Since (unless I'm mistaken), you can only level it up by using it, this present something of a problem.  Now I'm sure the first thing I'll hear is "Use pistol drop artifacts" and "Use Maximum Capacity mods", but both of those require having access to them.  The Max Capacity Mod also requires having points to begin with.  Even so, those mods have to be leveled up (and thus require more mod points) to be anywhere near effective with this weapon.

Against Grineer, it also requires armor penetration mods, and even then, its painfully slow to bring down targets.  Its slightly better against the Corpus, since  there's less armor to deal with, but even still, accuracy is a big negative.  Then there's the Infested.  Sure, it supposed to be great for them, but I've got a level 7 versus level 15 infected, and it takes way too long to kill a single non-ancient enemy.

Now, sure, like I said, maybe its something amazing and stupendous at later levels, but getting it there is just an incredible chore.  Could we maybe increase its reserve ammunition?  I don't think it'd be anything game breaking, but it would be a big quality of life improvement for actually using the weapon with the intention of leveling it up.

If you're playing with other people, you'll get passive experience for what they kill as well. Thus, you can rank up your pistols without using them.

According to the wiki, only on assist.  I.E. I have to damage them with the weapon in order to gain the assist bonus.  However, that's not really the point.  What fun is it in having a weapon available that you can't use?  Sure, blaze away on about a dozen enemies, then promptly put them away for the rest of the game picking up pistol drops.  You are supposed to use it to level it up, and with the current reserve ammo, its just not happening.

Everything takes a bit of patience at this rate xD

I'd suggest doing defense runs, those net you higher Affinity than most.

Well, I understand everything takes a bit of patience, that's default for all the weapons.  The major difference is that this weapon, in particular, can't be used much by comparison to nearly every other weapon in the game.  It just burns thru its clip and reserve ammo so quickly, you barely get any killing out of it.

I'll admit I'm not certain how defense missions grant more affinity than regular runs, since you still need to use the weapon to get the affinity for it.  Maybe all Akimbo weapons could have +50% max reserve ammo by default?  It appears reserve ammo for all pistols is roughly the same amount, 210.

you can buy ammo boxes with ingame money to keep yourself supplied, and they are pretty cheap too.

The fact that you can blaze thru your reserve ammo supply so quickly actually makes it so that I don't want to buy pistol ammo boxes.  What's the point in shelling out ~1000 credits to just run out again that quickly?  Better off just using it until you've destroyed its reserves and then putting it away for later, if that later ever comes.

Besides, at early levels this weapon isn't effective enough to warrant blowing credits to feed it.  Maybe it were cutting down trees or slicing ancients in half, I could see spending the credits.  Right now though, it doesn't even help much with a rush of Infected.  I'm better off using melee, a power, or a shotgun.

Bottom line is that this weapon has no staying power in a match.  That means its time to grind is significantly higher than another weapon which can last the mission with smart usage and pickups.

You need to be careful when you use the Afuris ... It's best for stripping targets of their shields rapidly at earlier levels/unmodded.

Then you can switch to your rifle and finish it off.

Once you gain more mods, it's pretty damn great. I've been using it for almost 2 days now, and it's doing well; I can cut down lv 15 Ancients with ease, considering you get + Damage, +Fire mods.

According to the wiki, only on assist.  I.E. I have to damage them with the weapon in order to gain the assist bonus.  However, that's not really the point.  What fun is it in having a weapon available that you can't use?  Sure, blaze away on about a dozen enemies, then promptly put them away for the rest of the game picking up pistol drops.  You are supposed to use it to level it up, and with the current reserve ammo, its just not happening.

The wiki is wrong.  The wiki is usually wrong.

- You get assist XP with every weapon, not just the attacking weapon.

- The weapon that kills an enemy gets the full affinity; exploit this by weakening heavy enemies with your stronger weapons, then letting your low-level weapon reap the full 600+ affinity reward.

- Enemies gain more durability than affinity as their level increases.  You'll get more affinity for your bang at lower level planets.

- The Afuris thrives on ammo efficiency, not ammo capacity; use damage mods, not ammo mods.  Yes, it can do headshots.

So, the changes to frame rate/rate of fire have had a noticeable effect on the weapon.  Seems to be performing much better at chewing thru targets than it was.  Obviously part of the problem is my low end computer, but the ammo consumption is still staggering.

You need to be careful when you use the Afuris ... It's best for stripping targets of their shields rapidly at earlier levels/unmodded.

Then you can switch to your rifle and finish it off.

Once you gain more mods, it's pretty damn great. I've been using it for almost 2 days now, and it's doing well; I can cut down lv 15 Ancients with ease, considering you get + Damage, +Fire mods.

Since the patch, the damage output feels much nicer, so I'm not so much worried about this.  Frankly, though, if it can strip shields, it can generally finish the job.  And as I said, I'm sure once its modded and leveled its nice, especially after the patch, but I'm talking about getting it to that point being far less troublesome.

You can run an entire level with a Lato, a Lex, a Latron, a Braton, a Braton Mk-1, and a Strun.  You don't need to switch over to your secondary weapon, since it has staying power.  My next buy after starting the Ember chassis blueprint is to buy an Aklato and see if this is true, but I'd wager you can run full levels with this, too.  Even weapons like the Paris can last most of a level with rare sniper drops, but the Afuris, even with pistol ammo supposedly being the most common (in my experience, rifle is actually the most common), you can't run it for more than a few tiles without having to switch out.

The wiki is wrong.  The wiki is usually wrong.

- You get assist XP with every weapon, not just the attacking weapon.

- The weapon that kills an enemy gets the full affinity; exploit this by weakening heavy enemies with your stronger weapons, then letting your low-level weapon reap the full 600+ affinity reward.

- Enemies gain more durability than affinity as their level increases.  You'll get more affinity for your bang at lower level planets.

- The Afuris thrives on ammo efficiency, not ammo capacity; use damage mods, not ammo mods.  Yes, it can do headshots.

I'll take your word on it, but I've had conflicting results, such as levels where I didn't use a weapon and it didn't get any experience, or at least any noteworthy affinity.  And yes, I'm aware that it can head shot, and that you can use it to finish targets for greater affinity, but that's not really the point.

At lower levels, most other weapons (haven't tried Aklato or Viper/Dual Viper yet), can last thru most of the mission without running dry.  You don't need to weapon switch or anything like that, just aim for the head and keep moving.  Even with conservation of bullets and aiming for the head, you still tear thru your clip and, by proxy, your reserve ammunition ridiculously fast.  I'm not asking for anything game breaking, here, like unlimited ammo or a massive buff to damage.  I just think this weapon, or maybe all Akimbo weapons, should have a higher base reserve ammo count by default.

Bottom line is that the Afuris has only 4 full clips worth of ammo before being depleted.  Even with conservation, a single pistol pick up is only worth about 29% of a single clip.  You'll burn thru that pick up with about 1 second of sustained fire, which you'll need on things like Moa.  Tell me another weapon in the game that can't kill more than 14 Moa without running out of ammo completely?

step 1: equip yoru afuris

step 2: go to mercury
step 3: do tosoj

Guys in this place die fairly easy if got some decent mods in your guys, simply farm it when you wanna level stuff solo, can go 1-30 fairly easily hell i leveled most of my guns to 30 there... simply do to number of guys and a boss that are present.

The afuris does work, but it does seem to be one of the quickest bullet burners around without a reasonable damage output.  As for any changes, that is what the mods are for.

I went through an Afuris recently to get the mastery off of it and did okay.  It wasn't exactly slow to 30 because I tend to focus on specific weapons when I am leveling them.  It did take time, but it wasn't a particular hardship to stick with the gun.  It certainly isn't my style and I probably won't go back, especially since there is a better alternative.

As with any other gun, you have to control how much you fire and use it well to get a lot out of it.  If you haven't put on a few powerful mods then the afuris will not be with you throughout a whole mission.

If the Afuris was supposed to be truly effective then it would have already had extra ammo made available for the weapon.  Even if it had more ammo though it would still be less efficient then other guns.  It is just much easier for most players to pick a different secondary weapon.

The afuris does work, but it does seem to be one of the quickest bullet burners around without a reasonable damage output.  As for any changes, that is what the mods are for.

I went through an Afuris recently to get the mastery off of it and did okay.  It wasn't exactly slow to 30 because I tend to focus on specific weapons when I am leveling them.  It did take time, but it wasn't a particular hardship to stick with the gun.  It certainly isn't my style and I probably won't go back, especially since there is a better alternative.

As with any other gun, you have to control how much you fire and use it well to get a lot out of it.  If you haven't put on a few powerful mods then the afuris will not be with you throughout a whole mission.

If the Afuris was supposed to be truly effective then it would have already had extra ammo made available for the weapon.  Even if it had more ammo though it would still be less efficient then other guns.  It is just much easier for most players to pick a different secondary weapon.

I won't argue efficiency, which I do think is an issue, but I've heard great things about its raw damage output when highly modded.  Controlling fire isn't enough with this weapon, it simply chews thru ammo too quickly for the relatively low back up ammo it has.  The grind is probably made alot easier by using high level mods, but you've got to get the weapon to the point where it can accept them.  I've finally got it above 10, but it was a chore to get there.

This is the Beta, this is the place to figure out what's good and what's not.  All pistols, to the best of my knowledge, have the same backup amount, 210.  That includes Akimbo variants.  You're not wrong about there being better options, but that's why I'm calling attention to the weapon.  Its selling point is its insane rate of fire and therefore its high DPS.  Now that the FPS-Fire Rate thing is out of the way, I can see it dishing out some massive trauma, but the reserve ammo makes it a liability, especially if you end up carrying a case or some such.

I just honestly think a quality of life boost for this weapon, and maybe all the Akimbo weapons in the form of reserve ammo being higher isn't a big thing to ask for, but it will help them a lot in staying power.

My best suggsestion for Afuris is to use it on Corpus missions. Most enemies on Corpus don't take too many hits, combine with Frost/Stun to ensure they stay still, then simply whale on em until your ammo starts growing low. When it gets to around less of a full clip reserve, swap to another weapon and use up some ammo out of that, then swap back to Afuris when ya got a few extra reloads.

The Wiki is mistaken then. Simply being nearby will give you the XP. I've had plenty of times where my sword has leveled up even though it's been more than ten seconds since I've shot at an enemy.

I consistently use AFuris cause their damage output is just insane. I love the pistols, love the feeling, heck I love the sound of them shoothing on full auto (although it sounds kinda silly if you do very short bursts). I tell you I wouldn't trade them for any other pistol unless I know I'll need a sniper at which point I will consider taking my Lex... Even then I might just bring the Paris and keep the AFuris.

Yes, they need to be highly modded to work as a death reaper in the field so it is advisable to stick a catalyst right from level 1. Then this is how you go on order of mods (or at least that's how I did it and worked out pretty well). Start on getting armour piercing to 25% since the last level is too expensive to get early on. Next work on multishot to 100%. After that I got myself extra ammo to make sure the pistols lasted longer, that mod is just 1 level bellow max and it's neither expensive to level up nor to insert on the weapon. Then the usual, elemental damage and more rate of fire... Yes you heard me, extra rate of fire! One very short burst will at minimum eat 3 bullets, usually 5 to 6 but even that is enough to kill anything. The moment you have your pistol at least at level 20 it should absolutly murder anything but the moment you have 25% armor piercing and 100% multishot they are already reaping quite a toll on the battlefield.

The first levels can feel like they are underpowered but so long as you have people with you, don't worry, just go through the levels spraying as much as you want. Once you run out of ammo, use another weapon until you pick up more. You'll say it's totally worth it the moment they are really awesome. just play with a friend and everything works out better in the leveling proccess

My best suggsestion for Afuris is to use it on Corpus missions. Most enemies on Corpus don't take too many hits, combine with Frost/Stun to ensure they stay still, then simply whale on em until your ammo starts growing low. When it gets to around less of a full clip reserve, swap to another weapon and use up some ammo out of that, then swap back to Afuris when ya got a few extra reloads.

That's kind of missing the point, though.  You don't need to do that with most any other weapon, with the possible exception of the Dual Viper now that I'm looking at its stats.  Even then, their damage is slightly higher which probably adds up over the clip.  320 vs 280 damage done with 20 bullets spent, which is one ammo drop.

The Wiki is mistaken then. Simply being nearby will give you the XP. I've had plenty of times where my sword has leveled up even though it's been more than ten seconds since I've shot at an enemy.

This seems like its true in multi-play, but in single play, you only get weapon exp for using that weapon.  Once again, this doesn't really address the issue of not being able to actually use the weapon for any significant length of time.  Ideally, you should be able to use the weapon while leveling it up, not just having it tag along for assist exp.

I consistently use AFuris cause their damage output is just insane. I love the pistols, love the feeling, heck I love the sound of them shoothing on full auto (although it sounds kinda silly if you do very short bursts). I tell you I wouldn't trade them for any other pistol unless I know I'll need a sniper at which point I will consider taking my Lex... Even then I might just bring the Paris and keep the AFuris.

Yes, they need to be highly modded to work as a death reaper in the field so it is advisable to stick a catalyst right from level 1. Then this is how you go on order of mods (or at least that's how I did it and worked out pretty well). Start on getting armour piercing to 25% since the last level is too expensive to get early on. Next work on multishot to 100%. After that I got myself extra ammo to make sure the pistols lasted longer, that mod is just 1 level bellow max and it's neither expensive to level up nor to insert on the weapon. Then the usual, elemental damage and more rate of fire... Yes you heard me, extra rate of fire! One very short burst will at minimum eat 3 bullets, usually 5 to 6 but even that is enough to kill anything. The moment you have your pistol at least at level 20 it should absolutly murder anything but the moment you have 25% armor piercing and 100% multishot they are already reaping quite a toll on the battlefield.

The first levels can feel like they are underpowered but so long as you have people with you, don't worry, just go through the levels spraying as much as you want. Once you run out of ammo, use another weapon until you pick up more. You'll say it's totally worth it the moment they are really awesome. just play with a friend and everything works out better in the leveling proccess

I'm not arguing the effectiveness of the weapon when modded out and super charged.  I'm talking about its ease of leveling relative to other weapons.  As it stands currently, its more difficult to level this weapon than most due to the low reserve ammo it has.  I'll have to get the Viper/Dual Viper to mess around with them at some point, see if this is an issue for them, too.

The whole point is that you just can't use this weapon as much as you can use others.  Having a higher reserve capacity would help mitigate this. I'm not asking for a massive increase, but something like an extra 50% reserve ammo.  Combined with low level Trick Mag mods would see a suitable increase in the gun's reserve ammunition, which in turns allows the weapon to be used for longer in the level and allow for more time to gather ammo from the level itself.  It was also increase the value of pistol ammo items, since now they'd replenish the weapon a notable amount as opposed to how it is currently, where you'd basically be wasting 1000 credits which you'd burn thru in ~30 seconds of sustained fire.

I have not read the responses in this thread, only the OP.

I have an Afuris at 30 and I love it to death. When I got my first catalyst this was the weapon that I did it on. This is the nature of all guns. My first 5 levels with the gun were modless and then on level 5 the first thing I put on it was a fully leveled trickmag. I dont agree that any change is necesary.

I have not read the responses in this thread, only the OP.

I have an Afuris at 30 and I love it to death. When I got my first catalyst this was the weapon that I did it on. This is the nature of all guns. My first 5 levels with the gun were modless and then on level 5 the first thing I put on it was a fully leveled trickmag. I dont agree that any change is necesary.

I have a feeling my first Catalyst used will be on my Lex.  It just destroys everything I need it to.

I think you made my point for me, though.  The very first think you did is stuff as much Trick Mag on it as soon as you possibly could.  I did it, too.

At that point, its not just a good mod to use, or part of a very solid set up, its a requirement.  Having a bonus to maximum ammo reserve is a necessity for the gun.  Again, I can't think of another gun where a mod choice is so thoroughly forced.  That's an issue of the design.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the more I think all Akimbo weapons should gain a bonus to their reserve ammo capacity.  They pay for their larger clip size and higher rate of fire with reduced accuracy and slower reload time. (Akbolto excluded.) I don't think, considering how heavily body shots are penalized versus head shots, that the trade off is acceptable knowing that, in the end, you'll also be starving for ammo to boot.

Edited by NydusTemplar

I don't think you understand what it is you're asking for. This gun annihilates stuff. The trade off is that you can't use it all the time.

If you want something that shoots a lot but doesn't have ammo problems, try akbolto or aklato.

You don't HAVE to have Trick Mag either. Just use the Afuris when you wanna kill a lot of stuff very quickly. Then return to using your other gun. Like you use your shotgun in close, but switch to another weapon for far away shots. You have two guns might as well use em.

You cannot use that weapon the whole level of course. You can't use any weapon with a fast firing rate through the whole level because they are meant to fill the enemy with lead so quickly that yes, they die fast but you run out of ammo equally fast. It's a trade off. You either get high damage and low rate of fire for ammo conservation or you get high rate of fire with lower damage to kill multiple enemies at once but ammo expenditure is the trade off.

They are not really that hard to level up if you either go to lower level areas or just play with a friend. I surelly leveled them up so quikly playing with a friend that I barelly noticed it. Especially good if the said friend is also leveling up his pistols.

I don't think you understand what it is you're asking for. This gun annihilates stuff. The trade off is that you can't use it all the time. If you want something that shoots a lot but doesn't have ammo problems, try akbolto or aklato. You don't HAVE to have Trick Mag either. Just use the Afuris when you wanna kill a lot of stuff very quickly. Then return to using your other gun. Like you use your shotgun in close, but switch to another weapon for far away shots. You have two guns might as well use em.

See, switching weapons for tactical reasons is not the issue.  I like carrying two different weapons for two different situations.  Having a Strun and a Lex together makes sense.  Strun has high burst damage, decent sustain, and the drawback is range.  Lex fills in where the Strun leaves off, being better at range as opposed to the close quarters option of the Strun.

Switching because the weapon, flat out, runs out of ammunition after 30 seconds of use is the issue.  My Braton runs thru its clip fairly quickly, but the accuracy and damage allow it to hold its own over most of the map.  It also has a fairly sizable quantity of reserve ammo, which is enough to allow it to last over a fair portion of the mission with rifle pick ups.  I do have to occasionally switch out for tactical reasons, or because it gets low, but I can still make it work for most of the level.

I've been using the Aklato now to compare and, though it doesn't kill quite as fast, it lasts for a fairly large portion of the level.  I never feel like its going to be a liability to have that weapon out.  If you're running a mission where you've got to carry the case, that weapon will slow you down because you have to switch to your main and drop it, or worse, expose you to danger since you'll have to use melee to conserve ammunition.  Since you can't honestly know when you'll be forced into doing that, the weapon is a liability to carry.  The Aklato (and I presume the Akbolto since I haven't tried it yet), don't have those issues.

You cannot use that weapon the whole level of course. You can't use any weapon with a fast firing rate through the whole level because they are meant to fill the enemy with lead so quickly that yes, they die fast but you run out of ammo equally fast. It's a trade off. You either get high damage and low rate of fire for ammo conservation or you get high rate of fire with lower damage to kill multiple enemies at once but ammo expenditure is the trade off.

They are not really that hard to level up if you either go to lower level areas or just play with a friend. I surelly leveled them up so quikly playing with a friend that I barelly noticed it. Especially good if the said friend is also leveling up his pistols.

I know it may sound like it, but I'm not asking it to last the entire level.  I have no problem with a weapon that runs out over the course of a mission, like the Braton or Aklato.  The difference is staying power.  You can run out of Braton/Aklato ammunition, while still dealing good damage and cutting people down using solid aim, over several hard fights even if the drops go against you.  By contrast, you can run out of Afuris ammo within one hard fight unless just about every enemy drops pistol ammo.  The staying power is very much a concern, especially since you can actually be forced into using it, where as your primary isn't necessarily ever required.

As for the trade off, there are several weapons in this game that can (and do) tear thru enemies without having ammunition reserve issues like this gun does.  Any shotgun in close quarters (where this weapon is used best), and the Braton are prime examples.  I'd personally say the Aklato, too.  Shotguns don't make this trade off, they make the same trade offs the weapon already does.  Short range, high burst, limited clip duration, low accuracy.  So I don't see this as an acceptable trade off because its unnecessary to penalize it further.

You may be right about multi-play potential to level it, but what if you lag alot?  I don't see this as a good design, either.  Bottom line is that extending the reserve ammo capacity wouldn't break the weapon or turn it into god mode.  You still need mods and you still need fire control.  However, it would go a long way to making the weapon less of a chore to level up if you can't rely on other people to do it for you.

Edited by NydusTemplar

I don't think lag is a good example. Sorry but someone having a lag problem is by no means a game design fault. I do agree that the ammo count is low but I do belive it because it's 2 pistols. if 1 pistol has a certain amount of reserve ammo, 2 pistols should have double, it's reasonable however while I do agree with you in this point I feel the weapon is sustainable enough, at least with a mod to increase the reserve cap.

Initially the AFuris can be exactly the opposite of what they are at the end. You don't use them for hard situations, you use them for easy situations, when you can get in so close no shot misses and make all bullets count. Try to go for headshots by basicly sticking the gun in someone's mouth. The usual stuff I'm not really teaching you anything here.

this gun will have more sustain as it's mods go higher and higher but this gun will never have a high or even medium sustain. This gun even at level 30 is supposed to be used mostly in 2 cases. First being when you have too many enemies arounds. Messy situations, second being when you are after a boss... Initially as I said it's the other way around, you use it when it's easy to farm XP for it.

I don't think lag is a good example. Sorry but someone having a lag problem is by no means a game design fault. I do agree that the ammo count is low but I do belive it because it's 2 pistols. if 1 pistol has a certain amount of reserve ammo, 2 pistols should have double, it's reasonable however while I do agree with you in this point I feel the weapon is sustainable enough, at least with a mod to increase the reserve cap.

Initially the AFuris can be exactly the opposite of what they are at the end. You don't use them for hard situations, you use them for easy situations, when you can get in so close no shot misses and make all bullets count. Try to go for headshots by basicly sticking the gun in someone's mouth. The usual stuff I'm not really teaching you anything here.

this gun will have more sustain as it's mods go higher and higher but this gun will never have a high or even medium sustain. This gun even at level 30 is supposed to be used mostly in 2 cases. First being when you have too many enemies arounds. Messy situations, second being when you are after a boss... Initially as I said it's the other way around, you use it when it's easy to farm XP for it.

I was trying to list a technical reason for not grouping up with other people.  Right now, going into an Online game for me is basically asking to be carried since I'll barely be able to target people to shoot unless I'm the host or there's relatively few enemies.  I play solo for the most part because of this, and because I'm not the most social person when it comes to grouping up with people.  I've been adding people to the list, but I just don't play with others very often, I'm not big on making contact.  This, however, is not really relevant to the topic at hand.

However, the actual point I was making is that the weapon should be usable the same duration as most other weapons with higher fire rates if managed correctly, and you shouldn't have to work twice as hard to level it, nor have someone else level it for you.  That is the fault of the Akimbo weapons have no greater ammo reserve than the single weapons.  I'm not just talking out my hind quarter here, I've been leveling it.  I'm doing comparisons now to the Aklato and eventually with the Twin Viper.

As for when to use it versus when not to use it, that applies to any weapon, so I'm not really worried about that.   The starts off weak, ends up strong model isn't my favorite, but as long as its a good weapon at the end of the day, I won't complain too loudly.  However, this isn't about how it ends up, its about how it gets there.

I was trying to list a technical reason for not grouping up with other people.  Right now, going into an Online game for me is basically asking to be carried since I'll barely be able to target people to shoot unless I'm the host or there's relatively few enemies.  I play solo for the most part because of this, and because I'm not the most social person when it comes to grouping up with people.  I've been adding people to the list, but I just don't play with others very often, I'm not big on making contact.  This, however, is not really relevant to the topic at hand.

However, the actual point I was making is that the weapon should be usable the same duration as most other weapons with higher fire rates if managed correctly, and you shouldn't have to work twice as hard to level it, nor have someone else level it for you.  That is the fault of the Akimbo weapons have no greater ammo reserve than the single weapons.  I'm not just talking out my hind quarter here, I've been leveling it.  I'm doing comparisons now to the Aklato and eventually with the Twin Viper.

As for when to use it versus when not to use it, that applies to any weapon, so I'm not really worried about that.   The starts off weak, ends up strong model isn't my favorite, but as long as its a good weapon at the end of the day, I won't complain too loudly.  However, this isn't about how it ends up, its about how it gets there.

It is a weapon with positives and negatives however all weapons suffer from that "evil". I don't do online games myself cause they are just plain bad, I don't like playing with people who don't play it like me. i like to expore everything and whenever given a chance to go the way to the objective or another way, I take the "scenic route". That said, I'm not the most social person either though I tend not to do a lot of solo content because I don't find it as fun, I kinda restrict myself to a certain group. Whether you do it with friends or not isn't exactly relevant but it kinda helps leveling up any weapons. I don't feel as being carried since I do help quite a bit and the game isn't that hard anyway. But that's just me.

Now speaking of this particular weapon's evil, yes it's the sustainabillity, however it isn't twice as hard to level up or anything of the sort. The weapons has a lower sustainabillity however when you compare it to say, AKLato you learn that they on low levels don't really do anything. Sure they can kill and possibly waste less ammo since it has a slightly higher damage amount and being single shot they don't exactly have much of kick making sure that almost every shot hits where you aim. Still, at lower levels you work a lot harder for a kill with those weapons than you do with AFuris.

As for weapons starting off weak and ending up strong. Sorry but all weapons work like this, AFuris is actually one where you don't even notice as much the gap being filled because they become so good so fast that it's insane. Other weapons become good as well but they need even a ton more of modding to actually be good.

I've leveled up quite a few weapons and I've noticed no problem leveling any of them up, however the AFuris was for me the easiest to level up and let me tell you why. When I got the AFuris I was either on venus or saturn and on those levels even unmodded they can wreck face, let alone start pumping some mods into them. If I had them by the time I was doing Earth, it would have been a much bigger pain in the &#!. However I leveled up other weapons on later planets, same for my ember warframe and really the math is easy. No matter which weapon you are leveling, the higher the level of the planet the more useless they are going to feel because the higher the level of the enemies the more mods they need to actually work.

This is your problem and you'll have it with any weapon. For me it was the braton (not the MK1), before level 22 the weapons was barelly doing anything and it felt like a dead weight because it was eating my ammo quickly and not killing as well as it could. After level 22 and with some decent mods it was doing ok and now at level 30 even more modded it is feeling great. The problem was never that the weapon has a high curve in getting good, it's that in higher level planets you need to have high level guns, if you don't they feel a dead weight no matter which weapon it is.

Just grab your weapons if you want to do solo runs, do a few runs in lower level planets and just have a feel for the,. See how they work on the proper enemy level they should be working on. You will find this to be true for any weapon you level up.

I still don't think you understand. The Afuris tears things down like nothing else. You make it sound like its just another weapon. Its not. The Aklato and Afuris are not even close in terms of damage done. The Afuris does WAY more damage. You talk like Afuris is just Aklato with a different model.

If you could use the Afuris the whole mission, they would be no reason to ever use another pistol, save maybe Lex. It's called balance.

It doesn't start off weak either, I just got my Afuris last night. As soon as I got it, I went and killed Vor and some grineer with it. Unranked, it slaughtered Grineer just as well as an Akbolto. And Grineer ownage is the Akbolto's speciality.

Part of the fun of using Afuris is self control when firing and figuring out when to use it. Obviously, mowing down bosses is great. It nukes heavies too. Heavies plus bosses equals a lot of affinity. But you don't go around fighting everything with it.

As far as not being able to do spy or decption missions, a Tenno knows to bring the right tools for the job. :)

Edited by Inez