Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Exactly Does Affinity Do?

Alvin

Question

6 answers to this question

Affinity is XP for warframes/weapons. Mastery points are XP for the account rank. I'm not sure exactly how the 100 Affinity orbs are applied to gear, but you need [(Next Rank)^2]x1000 Affinity for a warframe level, and x500 for gear. You get 200 Mastery for every warframe level and 100 for every weapon level. I'm too lazy to look up the amount needed for each mastery level, but all of this is on the wiki.

Edited by Rakuall

It's clear it's experience, but I haven't found someone able to say exactly how it applies to gear. From what I can guess, it probably either applies to all gear on you, or your warframe and equipped weapon, possibly your melee weapon on that scenario. Or it may only apply to warframe, or only to the equipped weapon. No real way to know, from what I've seen.

Affinity is XP for warframes/weapons. Mastery points are XP for the account rank. I'm not sure exactly how the 100 Affinity orbs are applied to gear, but you need [(Next Rank)^2]x1000 Affinity for a warframe level, and x500 for gear. You get 200 Mastery for every warframe level and 100 for every weapon level. I'm too lazy to look up the amount needed for each mastery level, but all of this is on the wiki.

oooh right, does 100 affinity count as mastery xp as well? I don't know why they call it affinity and not XP. That just bothers me that affinity might mean something else.

and thanks all.

EDIT: Nvm, i gained 100 affinity, and I still needed 1100 mastery points left.

Edited by awesomealvin