Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Doesnt Get Enough Respect

Greyismyname

(first off sorry for bad spelling I am terrible at it) Alright so I don't see very man oberons in the game and I assume that's because everyone says that he doesn't have a specific use, but I believe that's because everyone has it in there minds that he was supposued to be a support medic. I though of a new use for him. Abusing Rage, Power efficiency, Equilibrium and his forth power. Along with damage mods and range mods so he can kill everything in a four mile radius. Alright so how it works is you put everything into lvling up your 4th power and the damage range and efficiency of it this requires you to use a orkin reactor ofcourse. So basiculy while you take health damage rage will power up your ability. My build allows me to stock 300 power and can use the ability at 45 power so I can use it six times ina row with max power and still have about 20 power left, but because the ability has a 50% chance ruffly of dropping health orbs. Maxed equilibrium allows you to use those to rapidly reheal because of the massive aoe you do with slam and also get way to much energy from it. To where you just sit there with thousands of bullets flying at you and just spamming number 4. Your health bar and the energy bar rapidly move up and down as numbers fill the screen. Also its hard to take damage while using it because everything is mid air. BTW do not try this on bosses for good reason. You can not lift them or kill them in one it. Though you can use it if you have full power that usally gets the job done. Anyway that's just me talking about my oberon build and how much I love oberon but find it sad he never gets used. here is the build if anyone wants to try it. PS My build atm does not have a vitality mod because I need one that is low or find a way to put one in there with enough space for the other mods. I do not recommend doing this build without vitality because you want to take a ton of damage.

http://i.imgur.com/EDUehE6.jpg

Oberon doesn't get respect because his abilities are bad. They are reworking him for a reason. 

Its that they are bad, like I just stated its how you use them that make them good or not. Though the healing aspect of his frame failed miserably his forth power is very helpful and useful

He may be a badass, but when compared to other warframes, he just falls flat out its not a complaint, its a fact.

Well Sure other frames may beat him im not saying he is number one best ever. Im just saying he is a lot better then everyone makes him out to be.

Its that they are bad, like I just stated its how you use them that make them good or not. Though the healing aspect of his frame failed miserably his forth power is very helpful and useful

Even with that build his abilities are bad. His fourth power is especially terrible. Try taking that to enemies over level 30 and you'll barely do damage, not to mention you're wasting energy on a knockdown many melee weapons can do better. 

Even with that build his abilities are bad. His fourth power is especially terrible. Try taking that to enemies over level 30 and you'll barely do damage, not to mention you're wasting energy on a knockdown many melee weapons can do better. 

melee weapons will not knock down an entire room.

His 4th ability is a usefull cc with an added damage boost.

Yes he needs some tweaking still but the frame is not useless and can be played in all of late game.

Holy crap! This was so unreadable that I felt a moral obligation to edit it into a readable version:

---

I don't see very many Oberons in the game and I assume that's because everyone says that he doesn't have a specific use, but I believe that's because everyone has it in their minds that he's supposed to be a support medic.

I though of a new use for him: Abusing Rage, Power efficiency, Equilibrium and his fourth power along with damage mods and range mods so he can kill everything in a four mile radius.

You put everything into lvling up your 4th power and the damage range and efficiency of it this requires you to use a orokin reactor of course. While you take health damage, rage will power up your ability. Maxed equilibrium allows you to use those to rapidly heal and restore your energy. This lets you survive with thousands of bullets flying at you.

Warning: do not try this on bosses because you can not lift them or kill them in one it. 

Anyway that's just me talking about my oberon build and how much I love oberon but find it sad he never gets used. here is the build if anyone wants to try it.

PS My build does not have a vitality mod. I do not recommend doing this build without vitality.

---

You're welcome. And now for my response: People know about his 4, they just feel like it doesn't compare well enough to other skills. 

melee weapons will not knock down an entire room.

His 4th ability is a usefull cc with an added damage boost.

Yes he needs some tweaking still but the frame is not useless and can be played in all of late game.

1. Jat Kittag

2. His 4th ability is terrible if you want to play with a team. All it does is make targets harder to shoot, which is not "usefull cc"

3. If you're playing oberon late game you're either doing it on purpose to gimp yourself or you don't own another frame yet. 

1. Jat Kittag

2. His 4th ability is terrible if you want to play with a team. All it does is make targets harder to shoot, which is not "usefull cc"

3. If you're playing oberon late game you're either doing it on purpose to gimp yourself or you don't own another frame yet. 

Jat kittag does not have the range of oberon's 4th ability,

And i dont see how holding enemies in place then knocking them down is "hard to shoot", honestly that is a player issue not a frame issue.

And playing oberon late game does not mean your trying to "gimp" yourself. If you know how to use his 4th ability effectively then he serves as a useful cc role but it does require more skill than spam 4th skill to win frame.

Oberon's ability doesn't suck, it's just that other frames can do better than him.

For example, Rhino have better CC AOE, Nova have better AOE burst, Trinity have better healing.

Basically Oberon is like a inferior version of mainstream frames that people would prefer using. Making Oberon even less valuable. 

Jat kittag does not have the range of oberon's 4th ability,

And i dont see how holding enemies in place then knocking them down is "hard to shoot", honestly that is a player issue not a frame issue.

And playing oberon late game does not mean your trying to "gimp" yourself. If you know how to use his 4th ability effectively then he serves as a useful cc role but it does require more skill than spam 4th skill to win frame.

Well I got ninja'd but essentially what the guy above me said. There's no reason to play oberon if you have another frame available, even Excalibur has better CC. I'm glad they're reworking him.

I use oberon quite a bit, but just making him a "press4toWin" frame isn't a solution. it is annoying when you are shooting an enemy and than reckoning. oberon is a useful healer for infested games actually.

Well I got ninja'd but essentially what the guy above me said. There's no reason to play oberon if you have another frame available, even Excalibur has better CC. I'm glad they're reworking him.

If you think there is no point to play him because of other frames then you dont know how to use him effectively.

The fact that you said "even excalibur has better cc" as if he wasnt one of the best IF not the best cc frames in the game shows you have little knowledge of how all the frames work in the game. As i said before i do agree that he needs tweaked / buffed, but in no way is he useless. 

But hey this community believes only 1/4th of the frames in this game are viable so there is no point trying to defend the rest

I use oberon quite a bit, but just making him a "press4toWin" frame isn't a solution. it is annoying when you are shooting an enemy and than reckoning. oberon is a useful healer for infested games actually.

Its not really that im saying to just do nothing but press 4 like nova was haha but more that oberon is not as week or as usefull as everyone says he is which annoys me because even though they are fixing him he still has lots of potential even if his attacks don't hit hard they are helpful for support and yes I do use his third power I suck at remember the names. Its quite helpful sometimes but I just enjoy picking up the health orbs from reckoning more. Gives you that equilibrium power efficiency.

If you think there is no point to play him because of other frames then you dont know how to use him effectively.

The fact that you said "even excalibur has better cc" as if he wasnt one of the best IF not the best cc frames in the game shows you have little knowledge of how all the frames work in the game. As i said before i do agree that he needs tweaked / buffed, but in no way is he useless. 

But hey this community believes only 1/4th of the frames in this game are viable so there is no point trying to defend the rest

Excalibur is also hated on a lot because he was a default and everyone picks him but I loved using him after switching from Loki and Mag. He looks plain in the start but also looks great with a lot of the armor and syanda which is a plus.

Edited by Undulim

Was gonna read, clicked picture first.

Saw Smite. About to laugh.

Saw Damage build. I give up.

Have fun using your Reckoning to deal about 400 damage to Heavy Gunner. Use it for the CC after 25+, not for the damage. You need to spam it at least twice to kill a room of lv 30.

I miss that glitch where Renewal used to revive you if you lost all your health while it was still healing you.

But yeah I can definitely agree with DE that Oberon needs a rework/buff.

It doesn't matter how well you play Oberon despite accusations of 'not understanding how to play him.'

It's in Oberon's design that he's a hybrid frame and all the specialized frames like Nova and Trinity do those roles better than he does. He might be good at soloing especially for newer players who might enjoy his mix of damage dealer with healer.

But for players with more mods and frames... U could just take any damage warframe, tack on a lifestrike onto your melee weapon and now u have a frame with the self sufficiency of Oberon yet more damage than him.

Im not trying to say that with this oberon is best frame ever or anything of that, im just saying that he is more useful then everyone says he is and he is most defenitly not terrible. Reckoning helps heal people exspecialy when you are in big groups because the chances of health orb drops increase. Im just trying to give him the credit he deserves and it annoys me that everyone says he is useless or terrible.