Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Of The Kubrow Species, A Discussion.

AftieI

(Caution! some pictures are quite large taken at my full resolution, this thread is totally serial and not intended to show off my adorabables little kubie ^_^) Edit: apparently my screenshot program scales the images down from full resolution.

Hypothesis: Kubrows are descendants of modern birds.

Evidence:

Egg laying species, while this is not exclusive to any one group, hard egg shells are found most commonly in Avian stock.

Feathery Coat, while unconfirmed as I cannot physically interact with the Kubrows coat to find if it is made of fine feathers or not the fluffy and long but tall standing strands of the coat seem to indicate a more sturdy structure than most mammalian hair posses.

2014-07-27_00004_zps7722b86b.jpg

Communal Nest made of branches mud and grass, Common throughout many species of birds, especially smaller finch like birds, some colonies such as in an African species can be truly massive and house thousands of birds which will band together to defend their nests.

Talon like feet, the 'paws' of a Kubrow have a much more hand like appearance with long toes and sharp talons on the ends, the Kubrows also use these claws to attack with.

fe47e234-2fa9-49fd-a581-70dcb193ac7c_zps

Few teeth all of approximately the same shape, the few birds that have teeth, and their ancestors the dinosaurs have only one shape of teeth, something that sets mammals apart, with our multiple shaped teeth for different jobs, dinosaurs only had one shape (multiple sizes) to their teeth.

2014-07-27_00010_zpsab136a70.jpg

There may be other evidence that I'm not thinking of to prove or refute my theory, and so I welcome any and all discussion,  also pictures.

Edited by katmonster

see we can use dark sector to explain a lot of things.

the Technocyte virus caused the varius "warframes"

and it is said that excalibur is a direct decended of hayden.

his last name just happens to be tenno.

Edited by n0lyfe

The individual breeds are yes, but who knows what species they originally took to start the engineering, its easier to engineer your companion if you start with something close to what you want to start with, also selective breeding is a form of genetic engineering, and something we have done as a species to other species for thousands of years.

Also thought of more evidence, brightly colored patterns and coats, even just on the feral kubrows, most mammalian species have duller colors, and not as bright striking and eye catching colors, which birds have and use to attract mates.

I choose to believe that they came from bats, and that they were simply re-engineered by Orokin to lay eggs (easier for keeping in stasis).

There's a book called After Man: A Zoology of the Future which speculates a possible evolutionary future after man disappears from the planet. There's a fascinating section on bats populating a secluded island and taking up various niches in the ecosystem there. The alpha predator the author envisioned was the Night Stalker...

exZvYz0.jpg

The thing gave me nightmares as a kid.

I choose to believe that they came from bats, and that they were simply re-engineered by Orokin to lay eggs (easier for keeping in stasis).

There's a book called After Man: A Zoology of the Future which speculates a possible evolutionary future after man disappears from the planet. There's a fascinating section on bats populating a secluded island and taking up various niches in the ecosystem there. The alpha predator the author envisioned was the Night Stalker...

exZvYz0.jpg

The thing gave me nightmares as a kid.

That thing gives me nightmares now! I do admit though the kubrow nose and ears to fit a bat like speices being its progenitor.