Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why No Infested Interception?

Arabaxus

Because it wouldn't really make sense?

The infested don't care about information.

They care about spreading the virus and surviving. Thats it.

Also it appears that they have some intelligence and a hive mind mentality, but not enough to hold positions and coordinate attacks to that degree.

Because turning off life support, and attacking a specific pod makes sense.

Because turning off life support, and attacking a specific pod makes sense.

Maybe they want to eat or infest the Tenno inside. They attack us, so why not attack a pod with one of us sleeping? Do we suddenly expect the Infested to be like "Hey, let's not attack the pod with the Tenno inside, he's sleeping"?

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Infested are not a beings like tenno or grineer or corpus, infested are hiveminded like ants, they really dont  broadcast stuff or use technology, look at the orokin derelick and eris, its infested taking over like spiders not corpus. Interception for infested is more like hive gamemode.

Because Infested can't hack terminals, much less hold a series of positions coordinately.

Don't be sure about that. 

How often did i went onto an infested mission and suddenly the doors get locked or alarm goes off... 

I bet there is somekind of smartass hacker mutant

Edited by Gentlemoa

Just sayin', but it doesn't really matter if it makes any sense. Infested interception would be fun. I know lore rage and stuff, but still. The game is supposed to be fun, we're space ninjas. What does it matter if zombies can hack terminals? Melee unit hordes combined with the forced separation and point holding of interception would be interesting.

Also, inb4 moved to feedback.

Edited by Turnoverman

So how do the infested shut off the life support in survivals?

They don't the remaining few corpus/grineer do it in a last ditch effort to kill off the infested. At least that's how I've always viewed it. This game takes quite a bit of imagination to play lol.

They don't the remaining few corpus/grineer do it in a last ditch effort to kill off the infested. At least that's how I've always viewed it. This game takes quite a bit of imagination to play lol.

How are they able to turn off life support in survival then?

Have you two played Survival recently? They release spores into the air now.

So how do the infested shut off the life support in survivals?

In the survival mission part of the mirage quest, the Lotus said something about the infested releasing toxic spores into the air, and that the pods she'd send would help keep the air clean enough to breath.

Seing Alad turned infested and remained bits of sanyty i'm not against infested interception, just cover plot holes like infested turning of the support or Lotos saying about "tough mobile defence" while we have just riddled everything with bullets (energy beams, missiles erc) without braking a sweat.

If the infested can infect robots (everyone forget about the ospreys?), I'm going to have to say they shouldn't have any problem interacting with a terminal.

That doesn't make any sense.

Can the common cold suddenly do my math homework?

There's a difference between instinctual actions and those of intelligence.

It's not even the infested infesting, but rather the virus itself or something.

That doesn't make any sense.

Can the common cold suddenly do my math homework?

There's a difference between instinctual actions and those of intelligence.

It's not even the infested infesting, but rather the virus itself or something.

Lol, what?  A computer virus isn't even remotely the same thing as an organic virus.  I think the whole idea of infested robots to be plain stupid, but if the infested can infect and control robots, it stands to reason the infested can infect and control any computer.

Lol, what?  A computer virus isn't even remotely the same thing as an organic virus.  I think the whole idea of infested robots to be plain stupid, but if the infested can infect and control robots, it stands to reason the infested can infect and control any computer.

I'm talking about the technonyte virus. Which is biological in nature. Or something. But if the infested already infested the computers, what's the point? It's essentially a lost cause. I mean, how are you going to hack an infested robot or terminal?  In this case, however, we're talking about hacking, not infesting. Hacking which requires a degree of intelligence above what Infested are capable of. 

Edit: Apparently nanomachines, but I stand by my point.

"the virus itself is also binded with nano-machines as well"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested#Technocyte_Virus

EDIT:

In this case, however, we're talking about hacking, not infesting. Hacking which requires a degree of intelligence above what Infested are capable of. 

The second generation of nanomachines in Metal Gear Solid were able to hack into terminals and nodes. Maybe the nanomachines in the Technocyte Virus are like those, only more advanced.

Edited by inorite3

Always thought the Technocyte was a nanovirus to begin with, kinda hard to see how it could say fuse the Chargers with their former armour plating otherwise. Apparently had limitations about machinery and/or computers though, ofc until Salad V recently went on a proper mad-doctor supervillain binge and made an improved strain.

'Course I always wondered how the fig a bunch of apparently borderline animalistic mutants with a general acute shortage of decent manipulators could keep goddamn spaceships and whatever complex high-tech machinery in a working shape, too, so eh... maybe that weird stuff that grows on the scenery in their levels grows into the machinery to maintain it or something? Hell if I know. SPEESS ZOMBEEEHS have any number of other credibility issues anyway.