Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get New Weapon Models? Weapon Customization Is The Main Reason We Play This Game!

OrphanMaker

We have the option of buying new sentinel models and helmets, but what really draws a lot of us to this game is the weapons and weapon customization. I would like to have a new model for some of my weapons, like my braton, gorgon, flux-rifle, and supra.

As of now I have completely finished this game and the only reason I play is because of the weapon customization. I spend more of my time perfecting and customizing my weapons than I do anything else on this game, and a lot of other players do the same! So to put it simply, gun customization is more used than any other customization. I have put more forma on my least used gun than my most used warframe. I love to customize my weapons. To me that is the biggest joy of this game, and is the main reason why I play it. So why is it we do not have more appearance choices for our weapons?

My weapon to me is my most prized possession. I would like to change the models of my weapons to denote my love for my weapon and to show the effort and customization of my weapon. I have a 5 forma Braton, Gorgon, flux rifle, and Supra. I want new models on them to show physically, the changes my weapon has been through. My weapons are not the same on the shelf weapons they were when I got them. My weapons are new beast in their on right, and I would like new models to show that.

Edited by OrphanMaker

the thing is, i actually agree with you, and im on the same boat with you in terms of why we play,

But i think we gotta face the noise xD

This wont happen, theyve got too much stuff on the plat atm and too much to do, and more weapons to release rather than go back and remake skins.

the thing is, i actually agree with you, and im on the same boat with you in terms of why we play,

This wont happen, theyve got too much stuff on the plat atm and too much to do, and more weapons to release rather than go back and remake skins.

Yup.

Mods took away too much customization for this to really happen.

Having models won't really matter unless some mods get scrapped or better rework the whole weapon system.

I don't like mods on my weapons I want attachments, mods on warframe and sentinels/bros are fine tho.

That would be nice, but I am a melee person and would love to change the model of my dual kamas to that of the venka because the venka look awesome but the dual kamas are much better for my playstyle

Do i think this would happen anytime in the next year? Nope....

But they can do it! Every now and then we get a new sentinel model or some new sentinel attachment. I for one have never cared about sentinel customization, and to be honest I think most players care more for their weapons than their sentinels. For most of us our sentinels has always been secondary to our weapons. Even now, I must admit, my new Kubrow is nice (had made made sentinels thirdary), but it will never compare to my Soma, Gorgon, Dread, Flux-Rifle, Supra, and Braton. I mean I love these weapons. As players, I think we all spend more time on our weapons, in forma, mods, and time farming them. We even pay top dollar in trade to get blueprints of the Boltor prime and other weapons to build them and enjoy them. To be honest, the biggest appeal factor of this game may be weapons and weapons customizations, so why is it the most appealing aspect of this game does not have more physical customization options.

"Is thirdary a word?"

Edited by OrphanMaker

Well here is hoping for that Gorgon 2, Supra 2, Flux rifle 2, and so forth. (And I don't mean wraith weapons! There models are the same.)

Maybe, they should offer this for the most popular weapons! Braton, Soma, Gorgon & wraith, Flux, Supra, Latron, Dread, Paris & Paris p, and Boltor & Boltor p. ^Most popular weapons!

Edited by OrphanMaker

What about Clan Tech researched weapon tech modifications? if they set up something like that that would be a step in the right direction, like researching building etc scopes and muzzles and stocks to change the way the weapons look? Or even having these different pieces but use them when building a weapon like how we build warframes with the helmet chassis and systems.  Make the stock muzzle scope and barrel you want seperately then use them for the (ex) Soma blueprint plus idk 10 orokin cells and voila custom gun?  These could even have their own pros and cons to using specific types of parts aside from the mods like serration etc.  It might be more to the line of "Arcane" helms possibly but it would add greater variety and possible loadouts having options when building like firerate vs dmg or recoil vs zoom(those too together cuz not that big of a deal) but having similarly effective options as an either or instead of "this is best build all other builds crap" each option could be very viable depending on your preference and playstyle.

This would be very much like Warframe already, for example I know a lot of people when it comes to melee prefer heavy hitters like the Galatine but I prefer attack speed with my dual kamas

Thoughts?

edit: Again not that I expect anything like this any time soon, but an Idea nonetheless

Edited by Trouvo

We have the option of buying new sentinel models and helmets, but what really draws a lot of us to this game is the weapons and weapon customization. I would like to have a new model for some of my weapons, like my braton, gorgon, flux-rifle, and supra.

As of now I have completely finished this game and the only reason I play is because of the weapon customization. I spend more of my time perfecting and customizing my weapons than I do anything else on this game, and a lot of other players do the same! So to put it simply, gun customization is more used than any other customization. I have put more forma on my least used gun than my most used warframe. I love to customize my weapons. To me that is the biggest joy of this game, and is the main reason why I play it. So why is it we do not have more appearance choices for our weapons?

My weapon to me is my most prized possession. I would like to change the models of my weapons to denote my love for my weapon and to show the effort and customization of my weapon. I have a 5 forma Braton, Gorgon, flux rifle, and Supra. I want new models on them to show physically, the changes my weapon has been through. My weapons are not the same on the shelf weapons they were when I got them. My weapons are new beast in their on right, and I would like new models to show that.

In the vastly distant future, I could see them implementing a Forma evolution system for certain weapons. But that would be after they have run out of ideas for new weapons, warframes, etc. As long as they keep pumping out new content, there will always be too many bugs to fix to focus on going back to improve the models of weapons already in the game. Don't expect anything like this for the next couple of years mate. Sorry to say.

Having models won't really matter unless some mods get scrapped or better rework the whole weapon system.

I don't like mods on my weapons I want attachments, mods on warframe and sentinels/bros are fine tho.

This is pretty much on point completely. I'd much rather have attachments on guns and mods for warframes, pets, and melee weapons.

One can only hope for the distant future. Maybe they'll integrate each mod into a physical attachment in the distant future.

No it did not! I mean that's like saying the armor mod took away physical armor attachements for warframe. Armor attachements for warframe are purely cosmetic. I am talking about different models not attachments.

Example

Normal Dethcube

250px-DEPetDethcube.png

Carabus Dethcube model

185px-CarbuncleDethcubeSkin.png

I am talking about new, purely cosmetic, models for weapons.

Edited by OrphanMaker

No it did not! I mean that's like saying the armor mod took away physical armor attachements for warframe. Armor attachements for warframe are purely cosmetic. I am talking about different models not attachments.

Example

Normal Dethcube

Carabus Dethcube model

I am talking about new, purely cosmetic, models for weapons.

I kind of misunderstood customization your post. 

Seems like you only meant new skins -.-

Model update sure, but don't really expect something like this to happen anytime soon.

Like Jin has said, DEs objective is abit far off. Making content is first with cosmetics being the least. 

I kind of misunderstood customization your post. 

Seems like you only meant new skins -.-

Model update sure, but don't really expect something like this to happen anytime soon.

Like Jin has said, DEs objective is abit far off. Making content is first with cosmetics being the least. 

Ummm, If that was true, then why is it we have so many sentinel models, sentinel attachments, and warframe attachments?

Edited by OrphanMaker

Ummm, If that was true, then why is it we have so many sentinel models, sentinel attachments, and warframe attachments?

The thing is,  the only reason that sentinel skin even out is cause of the Gustrag 3, its not like they sat down somewhere and thought: 

"Hey! lets make a Grineer skin for the Deth Cube!"

As for the Wyrm and Shade skins, once again they only got other skins because they are the most underused sentinels, so they gave us a reason to use them (for plat of course)

They're technically Pets, and never used to be in the game, so customisation was a thing that they had planned from the beginning, hence the little connections they put on each sentinel (as shown below)

66c1e5f8a201e780364fe488c7b196c2.png7f4c127a66d4a6cc29b9a515341d7fef.png

Sentinels are a bad example in my opinion when it comes down to your idea of customising weapons.

And as for Warframe attachments, thats totally different too xD

Edited by Jin_Kazama

The thing is,  the only reason that sentinel skin even out is cause of the Gustrag 3, its not like they sat down somewhere and thought: 

"Hey! lets make a Grineer skin for the Deth Cube!"

As for the Wyrm and Shade skins, once again they only got other skins because they are the most underused sentinels, so they gave us a reason to use them (for plat of course)

They're technically Pets, and never used to be in the game, so customisation was a thing that they had planned from the beginning, hence the little connections they put on each sentinel (as shown below)

66c1e5f8a201e780364fe488c7b196c2.png7f4c127a66d4a6cc29b9a515341d7fef.png

Sentinels are a bad example in my opinion when it comes down to your idea of customising weapons.

And as for Warframe attachments, thats totally different too xD

What are you trying to prove here? What are you trying to fight? Further customization? "Trying to disprove a players feedback is very rude and none constructive." It is also rude to postulate on what the DE is thinking, planning, or deciding, to win a petty argument. Stop making up stuff about the DE to bash another person feedback. We as players do not know what they will do next, or is planning to do next.  Next their is no reason to post negative feedback on why you do not want further in game customization. If you do not want the customization then do not use it.

This customization will most likely make the DE more money because people love to customize their weapons and like myself, is willing to spend money to buy new models for their weapons.  Anyhow I will leave It to the DE decide rather than argue with you because they have the first and final say so.

I told you, i have nothing against your argument, if anything, i too wish that they could revisit old weapons (although more for balancing then for reskins)

I was only giving my opinion on a topic you brought up, apologies if it hurt you that bad  xD

Do i think this would happen anytime in the next year? Nope....

In the vastly distant future, I could see them implementing a Forma evolution system for certain weapons. But that would be after they have run out of ideas for new weapons, warframes, etc. As long as they keep pumping out new content, there will always be too many bugs to fix to focus on going back to improve the models of weapons already in the game. Don't expect anything like this for the next couple of years mate. Sorry to say.

All that we're saying, however is that even though THIS IS A GOOD IDEA (Has to amplify that)
By how DE is working on other things at the moment, like G3, Conclaves, weapons, U14 Bugs, Kubrow issues, the other community weapons winner etc (the list goes on)
We just dont see it happening any time soon.

Once again,  NOT "No."

But "Not yet"

*Leaves thread*

Edited by Jin_Kazama