Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stasis Sicknes

tocorro

Well a lot of players are kind of unhappy with the 3h period of "defrosting" their pup. I just read someones opinion on wiki, that sure let it be 3h but only if the kubrow is in the stasis for a long time, a week or more.

I kind of like this idea. Let it be like 30 min stasis sicknes if the time period of it being in stasis was short, and gradually extend to that 3h if it is longer in stasis.

No, stasis time needs to be removed completely. Doesn't fit the customization of Warframe at all. [size=1]So it's most likely an idea they got proposed by PWE. (This is a joke, just saying)[/size]

We don't need to wait 3 hours to switch our primary weapon, secondary weapon, our melee weapon, our frame or our sentinel either.

We don't need to wait 3 hours to switch our primary weapon, secondary weapon, our melee weapon, our frame or our sentinel either.

What does that have to do with kubrows? Its a new concept. The 3 hours is completely reasonable considering that stasis halts the health decay. Plus, it makes sense.

3hrs is a very short time for a F2P...

Relativity my friend.

I'm not upset about this 3h period, but I try to understand people that let say have a limited time to play and would like for example switch one kubrow for another one, better suited for the mission they'd like to go on.

Sure you can rush it with plat, but impatient people (there are this people in this game I believe) would still rush it if it was 1h or even 30 mins.

Relativity my friend.

I'm not upset about this 3h period, but I try to understand people that let say have a limited time to play and would like for example switch one kubrow for another one, better suited for the mission they'd like to go on.

Sure you can rush it with plat, but impatient people (there are this people in this game I believe) would still rush it if it was 1h or even 30 mins.

3 hours? Limited time play? Just take it out and leave it for the next time you play. Seriously, its an extremely short time frame. Removing this would just encourage impatient people to whine and complain on the forums to get their way.

i was surprised by that waiting - 3h. common. kubrows are much more healthy than tenno. why tenno take braton and make fun after hundreds years stasis? but kubrow cant. he tired by sleeping.

You have a Warframe, I think that has some kind of effect. And if you look you are very weak when you come out of stasis. When the dog comes out of stasis he has to exercise so he can get to his normal strength again.

I don't want to be "that guy", but there are too many downsides to Kubrows in general, that it makes me just not want to use them.

Their hp goes down way too fast for the cost of dna stabilizers.

Their attack damage goes down with each death (which at beginning levels when you're trying to level them they die A LOT), and can only be replenished by 20%, 3x, per 24 hours, which is nothing.

They take 3 hours to come out of stasis.

And all this comes from a rare egg drop, which then takes 2 days to hatch/incubate, and another day to mature.

I like the idea of Kubrows. I think they're relatively fun to use, but in every aspect Sentinels are better, and they don't require a ridiculous amount of maintenance with little to no added benefits.

And for those who are just going to explode/flame all over me, I already left in-depth feedback on all of those issues and my idea on how to improve them.

You have a Warframe, I think that has some kind of effect. And if you look you are very weak when you come out of stasis. When the dog comes out of stasis he has to exercise so he can get to his normal strength again.

You know there was another solution for this, instead of stasis sicknes as it is, the kubrow for a set period of time would have greatly reduced stats. With time - let's leave this 3h - it would shape up. BUT it would be usable in the second you'd take it out of stasis. I don't remember whos idea this was, but it is still a good one.

I don't want to be "that guy", but there are too many downsides to Kubrows in general, that it makes me just not want to use them.

Their hp goes down way too fast for the cost of dna stabilizers.

Their attack damage goes down with each death (which at beginning levels when you're trying to level them they die A LOT), and can only be replenished by 20%, 3x, per 24 hours, which is nothing.

They take 3 hours to come out of stasis.

And all this comes from a rare egg drop, which then takes 2 days to hatch/incubate, and another day to mature.

I like the idea of Kubrows. I think they're relatively fun to use, but in every aspect Sentinels are better, and they don't require a ridiculous amount of maintenance with little to no added benefits.

And for those who are just going to explode/flame all over me, I already left in-depth feedback on all of those issues and my idea on how to improve them.

I had some complaints at first, too. Low shields and health and a tiny bleedout time. These were all fixed quickly when I got mods for it. He's hardly died since and has almost 21 seconds of bleedout time. I'm loving my Raksa kubrow more then sentinels, now.

I had some complaints at first, too. Low shields and health and a tiny bleedout time. These were all fixed quickly when I got mods for it. He's hardly died since and has almost 21 seconds of bleedout time. I'm loving my Raksa kubrow more then sentinels, now.

I've leveled mine, and mine also rarely dies too now, mostly because melee heals it, but the problems are still there, and what if I just don't want to use melee? Bye-bye Kubrow?

Not really a great thing.

Edited by Instinction

You know there was another solution for this, instead of stasis sicknes as it is, the kubrow for a set period of time would have greatly reduced stats. With time - let's leave this 3h - it would shape up. BUT it would be usable in the second you'd take it out of stasis. I don't remember whos idea this was, but it is still a good one.

But this.

The stasis time exists so that people don't just put their dog in stasis every time a daily reset comes around and take them out immediately so as to avoid paying for DNA refreshments.

I still don't understand why people just can't wait for 3 hours. I've heard lots of complaints that sentinels are still better, so why not just use your sentinel until its recovered?

What does that have to do with kubrows? Its a new concept. The 3 hours is completely reasonable considering that stasis halts the health decay. Plus, it makes sense.

Could you explain to me why it doesn't have anything to do with Kubrow?

And why does stasis time make sense? Due to the HP? A simple solution to that would be to decrease HP if you take your Kubrow out of the stasis after a daily reset the next day or a few days later. No need to limit the customization in a way that doesn't fit Warframe and doesn't make sense at all.

nice try. but - nope.
U'll take what U was placed in stasis. if placed Frame with 0lvl - U'll take Frame with 0lvl. if was placed kubrow with 0lvl - U'll take the same. but frame can fight. kubrow have to rest for 3h =)

The stasis time exists so that people don't just put their dog in stasis every time a daily reset comes around and take them out immediately so as to avoid paying for DNA refreshments.

the simple solution - add one decrease of health for each unstasis. one but for each. wanna stasis five time per day - ok - bye-bye health bonus. the simple things are simple.

Edited by eprstt

I've leveled mine, and mine also rarely dies too now, mostly because melee heals it, but the problems are still there, and what if I just don't want to use melee? Bye-bye Kubrow?

Not really a great thing.

Yeah. Pretty much. Don't use melee, let your kubrow die. That's your choice, though. The loyalty has its pros and cons but I think its starting to discourage healing your team mates because they don't want their kubrow to die.

nice try. but - nope.
U'll take what U was placed in stasis. if placed Frame with 0lvl - U'll take Frame with 0lvl. if was placed kubrow with 0lvl - U'll take the same. but frame can fight. kubrow have to rest for 3h =)

Well have the kubrows been in there for hundreds of years? By the way, "U'll" looks incredibly weird.

Edited by Rickman108

Couldn't we just drop this DNA stability, and change it to feed your kubrow daily - it is a "living" beeing ? Reduce cost of this pet food to 50k per 6pak and there won't be exploits of frosting/defrosting to avoid maintaining your pet. As it is now it really is a mess. 

Could you explain to me why it doesn't have anything to do with Kubrow?

And why does stasis time make sense? Due to the HP? A simple solution to that would be to decrease HP if you take your Kubrow out of the stasis after a daily reset the next day or a few days later. No need to limit the customization in a way that doesn't fit Warframe and doesn't make sense at all.

Because weapons are weapons, and sentinels are machines that pretty much just power down. Kubrows are animals. It makes perfect sense. Doesn't really limit the customization other then a lack of kubrow.

nice try. but - nope.

let's try this, then, you are mutated to unimaginable level human being in exo-suit (Warframe) who withstood the VOID and can throw frost, fire, poison, antimatter or w/e the HEK the rest of the tenno can at your enemies. Even we are affected by the cryo-stasis (Hello? Watch "The Call?"), but not to this level because of what I already explained.

Kubrows on the othe hand are cloned, genetically purified breeds of dog-like creatures that wear only their fur and the collar you put on them... so yeah I tihnk we can safely assume they need some time to recover.

let's try this, then, you are mutated to unimaginable level human being in exo-suit (Warframe) who withstood the VOID and can throw frost, fire, poison, antimatter or w/e the HEK the rest of the tenno can at your enemies. Even we are affected by the cryo-stasis (Hello? Watch "The Call?"), but not to this level because of what I already explained.

Kubrows on the othe hand are cloned, genetically purified breeds of dog-like creatures that wear only their fur and the collar you put on them... so yeah I tihnk we can safely assume they need some time to recover.

Yeah, I highly doubt that we were placed in the stasis as unranked warframes and really just deteriorated after so many years.

Because weapons are weapons, and sentinels are machines that pretty much just power down. Kubrows are animals. It makes perfect sense. Doesn't really limit the customization other then a lack of kubrow.

And Tenno's are humanoids. Sorry, but your reasoning doesn't make any sense to me.

Kubrows, just like weapons, frame and sentinel are an equipment. Simple as that.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

This is a magical word for me "Limit". Why the heck should it be limiting us in that way? More reasonable are the lowered stats for the recovery period than a total unusefulness - if You would opt for keeping the rush with plat option (I'm not great fan of this, because it would have to be periodical when You'd like to play a quick game or two and didn't have time to wait 3h).

I've too started playing for only a hour or two a day, cause I don't have time for more (research and writing my PhD dissertation).

Neither I have the crew for it - most of my friends in this game left some time ago, cause of the changes they didn't like, or lack of changes when there should be. I've played for over 1000h in this game, left a lot of plat in it. I just want for this game to be fair and logical. I can upkeep my doggies without a problem and I have a whole bunch of em in freezers. But please do tell me my fellow veteran tenno, when do the players that started not that long ago will start to use their doggies (don't forget that this is a starting quest, at nearly the beggining of the game)?

I bet they will sit in their freezers for a long time, cause as Yuikami drew in her comics :

rhqCXEf.jpg

Edited by tocorro