Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing From Time To Time After U14

Etherblock

So I was so hyped for U14 to come out and when it did it had bugs, Sure that's understandable. But it never used to crash this frequently.

I know the servers were under attack from DDOS and stuff but that's not what I'm talking about. After we got told the servers were stable and we could go back on the game, i started doing a few defense missions to level up. But every now and then after doing 20-30 waves, we leave the mission, but then Crash at the loading screen or get black screen and there is no way out unless I alt-F4.

I'm not raging, I'm not asking for compensation or whatever that everyone is saying, But This is ruining the experience and wasting time of a lot of people. i could have forma'd my weapon 4 times over if it wasn't for the crashes.

Also the crashes never used to happen until a recent HotFix was applied. Please fix this, now im gonna take a break for a week and come back hoping the game will be more stable (This is not a threat btw, Don't rage for no apparent reason, thank you)

Hopefully you can fix everything DE :)

In case you need to know, im using:

Nvidia GTX 660ti

intel core i5 3570K CPU 3.4GHz

8GB DDR3 Ram

Windows 7 64-bit

And im using Fiber optic Broadband

Look, many people already said stuff like this and honestly I am not here to trash you but these kind of posts do not actually help without a proper crash ticket sent with EE logs, specs, what you did before the crash and of course a WAR number if you got one...

That said, I barely experienced any crashes since Hotfix 14.0.8 and my specs are way worse than yours including 3G internet :)

I'm confused at what you describe as a crash.  There is a crash detection in warframe, the exe file stops and a window pops up telling you that warframe has crashed. Not responding isn't exactly the same as crashing and if there are hang times during loading (to perhaps eventual non-responsive program) can quite certainly be caused by server stability and the DDoS attacks.  They did say that servers appeared to be stable at some point and it was for awhile but has since regressed back to similar server instability like on the weekend.

As was mentioned this is more useful as a ticket to support with you EE logs and specs so they can pinpoint what caused the problem physically if the problem is on your end.  I personally haven't crashed more than 3 times since the first stability after U14 was released.

I didn't get a WAR number and i tried verifying files on steam as well to see if i was the problem. I don't know what to do ^_^

Sometimes it's a black screen and All i can do is Alt-f4 and other times the game closes itself and I have to send a report

Edited by Etherblock

I'm having the same issues as Etherblock. So far the game has only crashed once where the crash detection actually worked. The rest of the time the game just seizes up (usually during a loading phase; ie: loading before mission start and loading after mission end). Other times I can't log in. I found that if I spam the sign in button a few times, I can usually get in around the third to fifteenth attempt ... not that I always remain logged in. When the game seizes I have to ctrl + alt + del , "start task manager" then "end task" and/or find the warframe process and "end process". Once I've made sure the process is no longer in the list, I can start the game again. I don't know if that will help anyone but I was really just looking to see if someone had any info on a fix.

Anyway, I finally got fed up and motivated to look because the game crashed before my ranking process and now I have to wait 24 hours for no better reason than the game crashed at a bad time. Not the end of the world, but definitely an irritation I could live without. I've only been playing for about 4 days and I have no idea what the game was like before, but Warframe is quickly becoming my new favorite, and the only thing that's killing it for me is the crashing / seizing / locking up or whatever you want to call it. 

These events seem to happen randomly (usually at the worst times), and yet, often enough to where it wouldn't be hard to replicate. I'm also running Windows 7 - 64bit - Ultimate ed. an i7  with 16gb of ram and a 3D capable nvidia gtx 580m. Its not an issue of processing power or internet speed. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but it seems a lot of people are having the same issues and I would really like to see this resolved. I'll see if I can find that one crash log and add it later. I'm about to fall asleep. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and for just hearing me out.