Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Update 7.7.3 Is Terrible.

Onite

So i was initially stoked when i first watched that hour long video they did on wednesday, and even happier to be patching today. And then when i read the patch notes, my face slowly went from a warm smile to an unhappy

"are !@#$ing you kidding me?" This patch was one step forward and two steps back.

Why?

I'll go through the main highlights of the patch notes to break it down:

"Half of the active players in a squad must reach extraction before extraction timer starts"

While the intention of this implementation was to punish rushers and encourage people to move as a team, this isnt always the case when you reach the finish. Often times you get really lazy people that join a game and AFK, or even people who sit there fighting the same room's worth of enemies. Forever. Theres also missions where theres a timer, so having someone rush is actually a good idea.

"Buffed Rifle mods to bring them closer to Pistol and Shotgun mods"

I logged in to look at this for my max level potato'd Braton only to find that besides crit boosts, all the mod values were exactly the same. Except that serration has many many more upgrade slots. Which doesnt help me at all. All my other mods are already eating up so many of my mod slots that i only have 3 points left for mod capacy out of 60. So the already low benefits of other max mods prevent me from taking "advantage" of serration's damage possibility. Not to mention that mod rank does NOT scale to the number of possible ranks, so much as a static number set to all mods. So to reach the full potential of serration being pretty good, i have to grind an insane amount of grinding not just for the mods, but for the amount of cash as well to afford your compound grinding. This isnt fun. This just isnt something people want to do.

"Shifting mod rarity to balance the the distribution better (too many rares before)."

If i'm understanding this right, they made it so rare mods are now, much much more rare. Which is terrible. This is probably the biggest flaw with this patch because it further digs the issue of obtaining credits into a very linear gameplay. Lets be honest, no one's main source of money in the game comes from doing missions. 1k per 15-20 minutes is laughable when everything you want in the game can easily cost you 30-50k. And even maintaining and upgrading said items will cost you 4-5k per rank, per mod. And then theres also crafting as well, which is usually 15-20k per print. (excluding warframes which alltogether can cost you a whopping -one hundred and thirty thousand credits.-)

Selling rare mods was the way to go. 1k per mod. Which only dropped for me about once every 6-7 common mods. And then uncommons were about every 3-4 common mods apart. Selling all your mods only yields you so much money, sell like 6 commons and 2 rares is alot, and that only gets you 3200 credits. And you'll never find that at once unless you're damn lucky in a single game.

So basically this patch is telling me, in order to make money to grind my mods to further my character progression, i need to babysit my teammates while at the same time, never finding any rare mods, only to get 1k at the end of the mission, which rinse and repeat can take me anywhere from 12-15 hours of gameplay of doing this just to afford a weapon i want in the game. And if i dont want to babysit, the only other feasable option is to grind the first or second boss in the game for blueprints to sell for about 3.5k a mission by yourself solo. Thats a much better turn rate than babysitting for 1k. But who the hell wants to log into warframe to grind the same boring mission 10-15 times in a row by yourself on an online game? This is where the linear part kicks in, in order to gain any momentum in progress throughout warframe, you need ALOT of credits, and ALOT of mods to effectively rank them up. And all three of these highlights i pointed out is this trifecta kick in your fun nuts as a huge demotivator to play warframe.

I really like this game and it has so much potential. I hate to see patches like this where it really wrings out the fun you can have in the game.

TL:DR 

Unless more than half of your team is afk (which is very very rare) then you're FINE.

I have 47 hours clocked into the game, i have almost all rank 30 gear and two rank 30 warframes. Everything is halted by the need for credits. While anytime i try to play online, most of the time i get alot of AFKers or people who just get lost on purpose and play the same level forever.

You said rushing is a good thing? So the whole fact there were countless threads about rushing being bad thing in a game based around a co-op element is ok? You say lazy people but honestly there were more rushers than there were lazy people and not all players have to get to the extraction to start timer only 2 have to get in there so its hardly a terrible thing.

You say you can't use serration because you don't have enough points to put in but your also completely ignoring one critical feature of serration. The effects of elemental mods are applied AFTER the damage boost meaning that it your rifle does 20 and you have a 100% bonus damage then it does 40 and if you also have 50% fire damage then it does 40+20 not 40+10. Its relevant

Quick tip, do mercurary toj for the cronus blueprints and you will have absolutly no issue making money. Its fast and the cronus sell for quite abit. Also know that this is a grinding game so expect to grind.Toj takes like 3 mins to kill boss pick up blueprint and leave. Then recycle

Edited by Silenterr

"Buffed Rifle mods to bring them closer to Pistol and Shotgun mods"

I logged in to look at this for my max level potato'd Braton only to find that besides crit boosts, all the mod values were exactly the same. Except that serration has many many more upgrade slots. Which doesnt help me at all. All my other mods are already eating up so many of my mod slots that i only have 3 points left for mod capacy out of 60. So the already low benefits of other max mods prevent me from taking "advantage" of serration's damage possibility. Not to mention that mod rank does NOT scale to the number of possible ranks, so much as a static number set to all mods. So to reach the full potential of serration being pretty good, i have to grind an insane amount of grinding not just for the mods, but for the amount of cash as well to afford your compound grinding. This isnt fun. This just isnt something people want to do.

Nothing in this paragraph is correct, plain and simple.

As for the mod drop rate, that was changed in 7.7.2.

i absolutely 140% agree with OP everything he says is completely right !

he might be exegerating about the babysitting but the rest is true, im a "harder" than casual player and im disgusted by the prices in warframe, platinum prices are beyong thievery and essentially lowering the overall moneygain isnt the way to go FAIL, hate me but TO ME it feel like they wanna make even more money off warframe since they hit 1KK ppl, disgusts me PROVE ME WRONG

The rifle mods did get a buff. Most of the damage mods received a 5% per rank increase. This brings them up to the efficiency of shotgun damage mods.

My Braton was upgraded from being one step below the Lex to the strongest weapon in my arsonel.

Thank you for that DE.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

I have 47 hours clocked into the game, i have almost all rank 30 gear and two rank 30 warframes. Everything is halted by the need for credits. While anytime i try to play online, most of the time i get alot of AFKers or people who just get lost on purpose and play the same level forever.

I have 100+ hours into this game, 5 Rank 30 warframes and 9 Rank 30 Weapons. My credit flow is just fine. I don't even know where you are meeting these people but I barely see any afkers. And if there's an afker, usually at least you and one other person can head to the finish line and extract. Stop over exaggerating.

You said rushing is a good thing? So the whole fact there were countless threads about rushing being bad thing in a game based around a co-op element is ok? You say lazy people but honestly there were more rushers than there were lazy people and not all players have to get to the extraction to start timer only 2 have to get in there so its hardly a terrible thing.

You say you can't use serration because you don't have enough points to put in but your also completely ignoring one critical feature of serration. The effects of elemental mods are applied AFTER the damage boost meaning that it your rifle does 20 and you have a 100% bonus damage then it does 40 and if you also have 50% fire damage then it does 40+20 not 40+10. Its relevant

Quick tip, do mercurary toj for the cronus blueprints and you will have absolutly no issue making money. Its fast and the cronus sell for quite abit. Also know that this is a grinding game so expect to grind.Toj takes like 3 mins to kill boss pick up blueprint and leave. Then recycle

This just shows me you didnt read my post carefully. I said having someone rush to the end on timed missions can be a good thing. And as for serration, the point is they increased how much you can upgrade it, when its going to eat you alive in both credits and and mods while i dont even have enough mod cost to equip something like that just to bring it up to speed with my other weapons. I also mentioned that running the first boss for blueprints is a really sad way to play warframe if thats the only gameplay there really is to mainly do. Is grind a single mission, out of like 200 in the game.

he might be exegerating about the babysitting but the rest is true, im a "harder" than casual player and im disgusted by the prices in warframe, platinum prices are beyong thievery and essentially lowering the overall moneygain isnt the way to go FAIL, hate me but TO ME it feel like they wanna make even more money off warframe since they hit 1KK ppl, disgusts me PROVE ME WRONG

I'm not sure about your perception on credit. I don't even try to farm anything and I got 20k within a few hours (probably got close to 100k with Vor). As long as you explore the level and gather credit from the locker which yield 200-300 credit per locker in higher level, you shouldn't have any trouble with credit.

As for the mod drop rate, they're better than 7.7.2 since rare mods seemed to be dropped in a higher rate and some useful rares are demoted to uncommon pool.  

"Shifting mod rarity" means that they moved mods that were previously rare to lower levels of rarity. As you may note, some warframe skills are now common or uncommon based on how powerful they are. They didn't decrease drop rates for rares, they just lowered the total number of rares by moving some mods down to lower tiers. 

And the most people you ever have to have on an end point to start the countdown is two. TWO. 2. That complaint is pretty much a non-issue. It's only a "bad" thing if you happen to be one of those guys who just wants to rush maps and not let teammates gather the affinity/xp/credits they came for. 

I have logged 81 hours and have 4 level 30 warframes and have never had to extract by myself. There is always at least 2 people at extraction with me.

Only arguments can be disproven.

All you offered is your opinion.

The prices of the items in the market haven't really changed.  The requirements to make an item from blueprints haven't changed much either.  There are still no items you can buy with platinum that you cannot make from blueprints using time, materials, and credits.

Getting credits and materials from enemies is still pretty easy, and hasn't changed either.  So, I'm really not sure of what you're trying to show as having gone off the rails here.

So basically this patch is telling me, in order to make money to grind my mods to further my character progression, i need to babysit my teammates while at the same time, never finding any rare mods, 

You have to kill enemies for them to drop mods so if anything "babysitting" your teamates can only help you in the end.