Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Drops/rewards/xp/credits/etc. And Ddos/random Logouts.

CedarDpg

While this is a relatively new development in regards to the frequent DDoSes, at least since I've started playing, it highlights a severely fragile portion of the mission and mission rewards tracking the game uses. You can start a mission, but if the mission crashes or we get booted after completing the mission, we often get nothing for spending our time in-mission. It's really annoying.

Since the servers are dependent of internet connectivity, yet we can run missions without connectivity to the servers after the initial start-up...why not also make drop tracking tracked locally.

My suggestion would be to keep each mission and its rewards tracked in a temporary encrypted file. (Perhaps using RSA public key encryption?) This would discourage most attempts to hack the local tracking file.

Basically:

1) Start mission, game contacts server receives a dynamically generated RSA key for that mission.

2) Run mission, host/local client puts drops in the encrypted file.

3) Finish mission, host/local clients upload encrypted file to server, and if the server is unreachable, it retries periodically until successful and receives acknowledgement from server that upload is successful and then deletes the encrypted file and temporary RSA key.

Rinse, repeat for each new mission.

How ever the reward system works internally - there definatly should be a fail safe system.If there are connectivity issues why the rewards are being abandoned ?! Reconnect until the rewards are saved ?!

Why the heck are rewards abandoned after a single attempt registering with the server ?

I think most players that like warframe can forgive login issues. Continious loot loss is way less forgetable and will cost DE more customers IMHO.

Edited by AdFinitum

It seems like the rewards are currently tracked locally, but there is no robustness nor persistence to the system. One little problem and you lose everything. (i.e. Stored in memory.)

If it were tracked on the server, their tech support should be able to see what we'd gotten when we have problems, which they've said they can't track drops mid-mission, etc. Also, if they were tracked on the server, you'd think we'd fall out of missions any time there were server problems instead of the missions failing right after extraction, etc.

Edited by CedarDpg