Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question On Damage Calculations

Rollen

Question

I have a question to ask about how the damage is calculated, if anyone has been able to do the math and can help that would be greatly appreciated.

The question basically is, does crit damage scale off of regular damage or is it it's own damage calculation. So if i have a damage boost mod on as well as a crit damage mod will they in a sense stack?

I'm asking this because i also have a pistol gambit mod right now that grants me 100% crit chance. Since every hit should be a crit then, will the base damage increase mod still come into effect? or should i just keep a crit damage mod on?

Edit* Well part of this is moot, after testing it, i don't have near the 100% crit rate that I should from the mod =(

Edited by Rollen

6 answers to this question

YES. Crit damage increases your modified damage, which is what elemental effects is based on. so while elemental effects cannot inthemselves crit, they will deal proportionally increased damage when you do crit.

Etc you hit for 100, crit for 150 with a +50% fire mod. First attack does 50 fire dmg, second attack does 75 fire damage.

You hit for 100, then crit for 240 with a 60% critical damage mod (x1.5 * 160%) and +50% fire mods. First attack foes 50 fire damage, the critt'd attack does 120 fire damage.

OK  I also have a Question, the 16 dmg basic Rifle does 4 dgm onscreen against grineer without mod.

With Armor Piercing mod ( i think it was +60%), i have   two numbers on screen:    4     and  15  . Is it the same "4" from beeing modless ?

How works the calculation for this "15" in general ?

OK  I also have a Question, the 16 dmg basic Rifle does 4 dgm onscreen against grineer without mod.

With Armor Piercing mod ( i think it was +60%), i have   two numbers on screen:    4     and  15  . Is it the same "4" from beeing modless ?

How works the calculation for this "15" in general ?

The 4 is from the basic damage, reduced by 1/4 by hitting armor (the reduction is based on level, its only around 1/3 on the lowest level Grineer, assuming you were shooting something around level 20?)

The 15 is coming from 60% of the 16 damage; etc 5.75, times 3, which is the multiplier for AP damage on Grineer (AP damage on Grineer does the same amount on a headshot, btw, just your normal damage will be increased)