Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Get More Damage?

xPandamoniumx

Question

So i've been playing warframe for over a week now, and i'm just wondering how to get more damage? Like I max out my excal/primary weapon/etc. and try to get serration and all my mods maxed out more, but my damage begins falling off against level 20 enemies. do i need a potato? on everything? 

17 answers to this question

Besides just upgrading Serration (which gets very difficult as its rank increases), invest in Elements and Element combos for specific factions. Work on acquiring the mods you need, and/or just use the ones you have for now.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

This page lists all damage types and what resistances/weaknesses enemies have. Referring to and (hopefully) eventually memorizing this chart is incredibly helpful, and it can help you choose the right weapon or loadout for the job.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

this should help you a little bit better to understand the different kind of damage types and weakness in the game. 

Remember, Grineers are infamous for having a lot of armor, making them the ultimate tanks regardless their levels, so that can also be the reason why your damage is falling off, it also of course depends on the type of weapon you're using, as well for warframes, but nevertheless, check out the link i posted.

Also, excalibur's damage falls off a lot later levels, so make him more utility based, for example, get a continuity and stretch mod for your excal to make Radial Blind really useful.

The main key to more damage is first serration, try to rank it up to rank 8 and a multishot mod. Those are the base mods you should put on every weapon.

The next part is if your weapon has a good crit chance to get the crit chance/ damage mods and all four elemental mod cards. Check the wiki for which elemental combo is best for which fraction. The last mod i would bother about is heavy cali. It is a good second damage boost,b ut try to get the other mods first.

Edited by Saske92

People generally have 2 kinds of weapons. Those they level for rank points and those they use for killing. It isn't really necessary to potato a weapon you are just going to sell later, because it has poor stats or there are better options.

If you have only been playing a week, some of the higher end gear is most likely still unavailable to you. I recommend getting a boltor for now assuming you meet the rank requirement. This is worth a potato and will be usable for a long time to come. If you have access to platinum, i'd recommend buying boltor prime blueprints from the trading channel instead. You should be able to find a full Boltor Prime (BP + 3 parts) for around 45P. 

Next you will need to focus on ranking your mods to maximum. Serration, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber will increase the weapons base damage. Finally add elemental mods 

Corpus = Magnetic (cold + lightning)

Grineer = Corrosive (lightning + toxic)

Infested = Fire

These are fundamental combinations that will help increase damage.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

I suffered from this a month ago, but with time everything for well

Life got better after:

Potatoed my weapon

Got a lvl 6 serration

Got a max lvl split chamber

Got lvl 3-4 elemental mods

Now i got a lot of better stuff and can solo most solar system maps.

My goal now is get forma to enhance my mains...got 4 so far, 2 went to my sybaris and 2 for my amprex. My sidearms still on the qeue, but will get some love

I use a lot of different builds for my weapons. Usually my formula works like this:

Poor Status Chance(>15%): Damage, Fire Rate, Punch Through and Reload Speed. Elements for the finishing touch.

Poor Critical Hit Chance:(>25%): Damage, Fire Rate, Punch Through and Reload Speed. Critical Hit Chance to top it off.

Good Status Chance(<25%): Damage, Fire Rate and load up on elements(Fire, Ice, Electricity and Toxin). Skip the Reload Speed and slip some Punch Through in, if you can.

Good Critical Hit Chance(<25%): Damage, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage and elements. Punch Through, if you have room.

Excellent Critical Hit Chance(30%+): Critical Hit mods, all the way. Damage mods increase Critical Hit Damage, so strap them on as well. Elements, Punch Through and Fire Rate, if you have room.

Edit: Multi-shot is a must for all builds, except melee.

Edited by DCypherThis13

I use a lot of different builds for my weapons. Usually my formula works like this:

Poor Status Chance(>15%): Damage, Fire Rate, Punch Through and Reload Speed. Elements for the finishing touch.

Poor Critical Hit Chance:(>25%): Damage, Fire Rate, Punch Through and Reload Speed. Critical Hit Chance to top it off.

Good Status Chance(<25%): Damage, Fire Rate and load up on elements(Fire, Ice, Electricity and Toxin). Skip the Reload Speed and slip some Punch Through in, if you can.

Good Critical Hit Chance(<25%): Damage, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage and elements. Punch Through, if you have room.

Excellent Critical Hit Chance(30%+): Critical Hit mods, all the way. Damage mods increase Critical Hit Damage, so strap them on as well. Elements, Punch Through and Fire Rate, if you have room.

Edit: Multi-shot is a must for all builds, except melee.

all weapons should have elemental mods on it, regardless of status chance. The damage is always added to every single hit, but the effect sometimes will not. For example, if I had a weapon that did 100 damage, but had a 15% status chance, and was going against infected, I would immediately add a fire damage mod, at max rank. This would increase the base damage to 190 on every shot, and have a 15% chance to set fire to the enemy. The more elementals, the more damage per shot you would do.

First you need a weapon that is decent to begin with. 

Then add a catalyst.

Add the basic mods: serration, split chamber, heavy caliber (optional).

Does the weapon have a high critical chance? (Anything 10% and above is decent)

If yes, add point strike, vital sense, hammer strike (optional), critical delay (optional and wouldn't recommend).

If no, add nothing. 

Does the weapon have high status chance? (10%+)

If yes, add in elemental mods. Consult the Damage 2.0 on the wiki for more information on how to best deal with each faction. Event mods (Tethra, Cicero, Breeding Grounds) may also be needed to increase the status chance further. 

If no, add nothing. 

If there are still slots and points available, add utilities (fast hands, speed trigger, ect.)

If there are slots, but no points, you may have to add a forma to make the weapon shine.

If there are no slots and zero or more points, then great. Everything fits together perfectly...until you start maxing out your mods. 

A thing to remember is that more mods does not necessarily equal more damage. Simply throwing in elemental mods will not make your weapon stronger if the status chance is so low that the elemental mods never take effect. The same is true about a critical build. It's simply a waste of slots and points.

Edit: If you're just going for more raw damage, you can also add in Piercing Hit, Rupture, or Sawtooth Clip depending on which type of damage is the highest your weapon.

Edited by SV1231

Dang, so many replies so quickly..LOL thanks guys! :) 

So here's what I have so far: http://imgur.com/iJvICDx

Not much room left, so should I start looking to get a potato? 

You haven't mentioned which faction you are fighting. This will determine what types of mods you want to put on your weapon.

Personally, very few of my weapons have a catalyst.

The way you've built your Boltor is....odd. It looks like it's built for Corpus? If so, since the Boltor is primarily a puncture weapon, you're lacking the ability to take down shields well (something Corpus have a lot of).  To conquer shields you want pure Cold or Magnetic elements. Then to attack the fleshy meatbags of the crewmen, add in Toxin (Toxin also bypasses shields). The puncture should help take care of the robots.

So you would use the Cold/Magnetic and Puncture to get to the Robots. Then the Toxin helps against the crewmen.

If it were me, I'd rearrange just swap the Electricity and the Poison mods positions and you'd get Magnetic + Toxin. For Corpus.

For other factions, I'd look at Corrosive for Grineer and Infested (maybe add some Heat).

ETA: This is Mogamu's setups for the Boltor Prime. Now the Prime has a lot of extra damage, but the damage types fit the regular one.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner