Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thought About Alad's "projects"

xoyv

so alad's been messing around with infested stuff, kind of a stupid move don't you think

but then i started thinking

i don't think alad could BECOME the new infested boss, but doesn't this seem familliar?

a demoted member of a faction, starts to mess with something unknown to them

almost EXACTLY like vor, right?

with that last event alad was looking a little bit infected himself, so

what if alad v starts appearing in the derelict? just like how vor can show up in the void?

so alad's been messing around with infested stuff, kind of a stupid move don't you think

but then i started thinking

i don't think alad could BECOME the new infested boss, but doesn't this seem familliar?

a demoted member of a faction, starts to mess with something unknown to them

almost EXACTLY like vor, right?

with that last event alad was looking a little bit infected himself, so

what if alad v starts appearing in the derelict? just like how vor can show up in the void?

Nope. From what we've seen, Alad V is not infected. He just managed to get his collar infected so he can control the infested.

Nope. From what we've seen, Alad V is not infected. He just managed to get his collar infected so he can control the infested.

right, and vor having a key implanted DIRECTLY into his chest is COMPLETELY diffrent

right, and vor having a key implanted DIRECTLY into his chest is COMPLETELY diffrent

To be fair it took Vor freaking dying and getting resurrected by the Key to turn him into a self-appointed guardian of sacred Orokin ruins.

Old Toilethead the Baselessly Arrogant suffering a containement failure and starting to grow interesting new additions to his physique is, OTOH, only too easy to see coming. Unless DE is playing deliberate bait and switch and planning to take that storyline in some completely different direction ofc...

Kinda wondering though... until this kind of thing happens, how long until the certifiably sapient Old Skool Infested munsters lurking in the Void, particularly Phorid who seems to be the one most active in causing trouble in the system, learn of what Salad is up to? And how are *they* going to react to it?

The Fresh Prince of Jupiter just might end up with the distinction of being the only person in the Origin System literally everyone else wants to beat up for one reason or another. :P

Hey, just a reminder on two of Alad's qutoes:

"What's that? You thought I was... dead? Hah! That's cute. Nothing but rumors and exaggeration I'm afraid. Though to be honest, times have been tough, what with you trying to kill me and all. Hmph."

"Well, as it turns out, you Tenno aren't the only ones with nine lives. I know how many I have left. How about you Tenno?"

It's still possible Alad technically "died" at one point, and was then revived with the power of the Infestation. Also, some say that the Infestation is getting to Alad's head, to the point where Alad refers to himself as a group:

"Our numbers are small but we're growing. The next time you see us you are in for quite a surprise."

Might also be lampshading the functional immortality of MMO bosses. Anyway, the last one may just as well be referring to his Corpus splinter group - though it's quite obvious what exactly he means by "growing their numbers".

I love Alad, but I feel as if he's receiving entirely too much attention. Just look at the amount of events related to him and development he's received; he's pretty much the main baddy right now. Vor is is second place, but a distant second, imo. I wish they'd move on and bring in some new players to be fan favourites.

i just wanna say, this is not the first time he used the infested against us.

When Fohd Bek told us that he knows where Alad hides. he had a problem, Alad send infested to Fohd's ships. he he told us, remove the infested and i'll tell ya where alad is.

and now he took god knows how many ships and infected them...alad really love the infested, doesn't he?