Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Next Nikana! Nami-Kana!

9tailboy

We have the Nami skyla, the Nami solo, now we must have the Nami-kana!

Codex entry: Ancient scripts in Neptune records show that there is a sword made of sea stones, the Nami-kana strikes with surging crashes and flowing waves

40 slash

15 puncture

5 impact

1.0 fire rate

200% crit damage

15% crit chance

10% status chance

9 stamina

150 jump attack

160 slam attack

170 slide attack

180 wall attack

Polarities: 1 V

Stance polarities: 1 -

Stagger: yes

Mastery Rank-6

Melee-nikana

Build requirements: 2 argon crystals, 1000 ferrite, 1 gallium, 2000 alloy armor

New stance!!! 

Spring clash!!!

-Ancient manuvers that conspire with flashing attacks and silky swings.

Tidal surge-EEEE

Frozen ocean-E (pause) EEEEE

Raging sea- EEE (hold)EE

Dawning fall- EE(right-click)EEE

Crashing wave-Slide+E

Tidal surge-In air+E

Flowing creek- Wall run+E
Tsunami-Downed enemy+E

I gave you guys the idea, all you have to do is design it.

That's a lot of work, from concepting to modeling to texturing to animating to adding sound effects to integrating with preexisting systems.

Also, why do we need a Nami-kana?  We already have the Nami-solo solitary sword, why do we need a Nami-kana solitary sword?  What about it makes it so unique?

Keep in mind also that the Nami is a cutlass, while the nikana is loosely based off the katana.  The two share entirely different building philosophies, which will make design all the more difficult.

That's a lot of work, from concepting to modeling to texturing to animating to adding sound effects to integrating with preexisting systems.

Also, why do we need a Nami-kana?  We already have the Nami-solo solitary sword, why do we need a Nami-kana solitary sword?  What about it makes it so unique?

Keep in mind also that the Nami is a cutlass, while the nikana is loosely based off the katana.  The two share entirely different building philosophies, which will make design all the more difficult.

Thats the whole point!!! To make something that is nothing compared to the others

Why not Fragor-Prova while you're at it.

But really though, usually weapons are paired together when they have something in common. Hence Dual Heat/Ether swords and such.

Well you know, it would be epic to make fusions every now and then, like how the torid and ogris are completely different but carry a similar function

Neptune isn't exactly noted for its oceans though.

I don't care about the real neptune I just care about making weapons that reference something, like hydroid, nyx, and nekros are greek based words.

To be fair, some pretty hardcore terraforming seems to have been done at some point (likely during the Orokin era). Large bodies of liquid water in the outer solar system still rather unlikely though.

And Titan *does* have hydrocarbon lakes...

Well I mean none of the gaseous planets have solid land on them. No amount of terraforming would ever make those solid. The closest we get is the Corpus gas cities.

And those are all liquid methane and stuff...not the sort of ocean we'd like very much XD

Well I mean none of the gaseous planets have solid land on them. No amount of terraforming would ever make those solid. The closest we get is the Corpus gas cities.

There is the core of the gas giants for a solid land (maybe) (but probably no one would be able to survive for even a second due to the immense gravity [and maybe the gas would kill them first before they even get to it]). 

There is the core of the gas giants for a solid land (maybe) (but probably no one would be able to survive for even a second due to the immense gravity [and maybe the gas would kill them first before they even get to it]). 

You'd never get anywhere near the core. Even at the surface temperatures are pushing -200 Fahrenheit, and there are 700mph winds. If you somehow managed to get to the core, you'd have to be able to survive scorching hot temperatures and atmospheric pressures in the millions of tons. 

Edited by vaugahn

Gas-giant interiors boast truly insane atmospheric pressures so, yeah. REALLY big ones - current reckoning is about 13 times Jupiter - actually have the conditions required to ignite temporary nuclear fusion, and are known as "brown dwarves".

Yeah, off Earth pickings are rather slim for seas. : /

Ok new codex entry because you guys clearly don't like the fact that theres no water in neptune! 

New codex entry: Ancients scripts in Europa records show that there is a weapon made of sea stone, the Nami-kana introduces tenno to a power that brings surging crashes and flowing waves.

You'd never get anywhere near the core. Even at the surface temperatures are pushing -200 Fahrenheit, and there are 700mph winds. If you somehow managed to get to the core, you'd have to be able to survive scorching hot temperatures and atmospheric pressures in the millions of tons. 

But at least there would be a (probable) solid surface at the surface of the core. Getting there is another matter altogether (which I did acknowledge that it would be rather impossible).

Well, you'd first have to dive through bajillion kilometers of liquid metallic hydrogen. Naturally also of insane pressure and temperature and rising... Only in Jupiter and Saturnus though, the small outer "ice giants" are though to have different internal composition (still super hostile ofc).

And OP? "Weapon made of sea stone" is just silly and mainly conjures up the image of a stone axe.

Edited by Viridias

Well, you'd first have to dive though bajillion kilometers of liquid metallic hydrogen. Naturally also of insane pressure and temperature and rising...

I think you need to pass through the gas clouds and not be asphyxiated by that first before we get to the liquid metallic hydrogen (and of course, the pressure). 

But at least there would be a (probable) solid surface at the surface of the core. Getting there is another matter altogether (which I did acknowledge that it would be rather impossible).

The core is molten, supposedly. We don't know for sure.

The conditions are bad enough that complex hydrocarbons compress into diamond. It's nasty. You'd never get close.

Should be solid-ish (or at least very, very slow moving, dense liquid that could support the weight of a human) at the inner core, given the extremely high pressure. 

It's hard to know given that we have no way of appropriately detecting and measuring the cores of gas giants, but yes, most likely. Doubt we're gonna get a tile set down there XD

I think you need to pass through the gas clouds and not be asphyxiated by that first before we get to the liquid metallic hydrogen (and of course, the pressure). 

I can confidently state that arranging for breathable air is by far the easiest part.

And by how? 

I would be very interested to listen. 

Just bring some air with you. An air tank, or a bathysphere or something. Getting past the freezing temperatures, gale force winds, and insane atmospheric pressure would be the real challenge.