The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 U14 [Megathread]

(PSN)ryanaita44

You're saying that DE needs to slow down their content releases to fix bugs, except the people who create content and the people who fix bugs are different people. Not to mention we get bugfix releases all the time, like yesterday for example.

I fail to see your point.

My point is there shouldn't be a need for infinite hotfixes.

create -> polish -> release

rather than

create -> release -> hotfix -> hotfix -> hotfix

Sony enforces the first method and everyone complains, but its you PC people that should be complaining (IMO).

rather than

Sony enforces the first method and everyone complains, but its you PC people that should be complaining (IMO).

You must be new to online gaming.

rather than

You know this is a beta, right?

You know that is an excuse, right?

rather than

Agreed.

Show me where it says that. This excuse is being played for to long now.

No where on the download or in game does it state it is at beta stage.

If it is Beta it should have a disclaimer stating so as it could harm systems.

It's labeled an open beta.. but it's not and hasn't been for like ever, because you can't make sales in a beta.. This just gives em freedom to do pretty much whatever they want to the game in the updates.. This game won't be fully released for at least another year.

It's labeled an open beta.. but it's not and hasn't been for like ever, because you can't make sales in a beta.. This just gives em freedom to do pretty much whatever they want to the game in the updates.. This game won't be fully released for at least another year.

If you cannot make sales in a beta, which you can in Warframe, it is not a beta. You can label it all you want, however you have just pointed out that it cannot be a beta due to the availability of sales.

And has anyone heard anything of when U14 is gonna hit the PS4..? I figured it was gonna be here on the 8th, but not sure.. hopefully just a couple more days.

Not going to be soon, it needs to be submitted for Cert first which is not been announced as to when this happens. Cert will probably take 1-2 weeks due to the size of the build. You be lucky if you get it at the end of August.

uhhhhh, what? Where does it say you can't make sales in beta? Furthermore the game will still be named beta as long as it's in development, which it is.

Why does everyone get upset over it still being in beta? makes no difference if it launches or not.

Not going to be soon, it needs to be submitted for Cert first which is not been announced as to when this happens. Cert will probably take 1-2 weeks due to the size of the build. You be lucky if you get it at the end of August.

It was said in the last prime time that they were hoping to get the build off to cert. by the middle of next week. If everything goes well and cert. passes the first time, i would say that we are looking at a release date around late august to early September.

Show me where it says that. This excuse is being played for to long now.

No where on the download or in game does it state it is at beta stage.

If it is Beta it should have a disclaimer stating so as it could harm systems.

If you cannot make sales in a beta, which you can in Warframe, it is not a beta. You can label it all you want, however you have just pointed out that it cannot be a beta due to the availability of sales.

Yeah, no. Beta means the game is unfinished/untested. Warframe is both of those things. When people say "it's beta" it's not an excuse, it's a reply to people who don't seem to understand that this game is nowhere near finished.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

If you read the rules and guidelines section you would have seen these threads.

Edit: oh, one last thing; a game being in beta does not mean it cannot have a cash shop

Edited by vaugahn

Yeah, no. Beta means the game is unfinished/untested. Warframe is both of those things. When people say "it's beta" it's not an excuse, it's a reply to people who don't seem to understand that this game is nowhere near finished.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

Edit: oh, one last thing; a game being in beta does not mean it cannot have a cash shop

not necessarily, ( i hate to say it) Destiny Beta shown that it was well near finished hell even the Alpha could have been shipped. Beta is a two way street when it comes to certain features. Saying " It's a f2p beta" would make more sense.

not necessarily, ( i hate to say it) Destiny Beta shown that it was well near finished hell even the Alpha could have been shipped. Beta is a two way street when it comes to certain features. Saying " It's a f2p beta" would make more sense.

Well technically very few released games are beta, as the actual definition of beta is something that's feature-complete but untested. As warframe isn't feature complete this could even technically be considered an alpha, but due to the continuous updates warframe is best described as a "continuous delivery beta", which is a model many smaller studios use due it its ease of accessibility and relatively lower cost. Beta is a close-ish general description.

Edit: that was mainly directed at people who say "it has a cash shop which means it's not beta"

Edited by vaugahn

First topic is 2 years old!

Also, I never stated it cannot have a shop, someone else.

Edited by (PS4)Ew_Tux

First topic is 2 years old!

Also, I never stated it cannot have a shop, someone else.

Look at the FAQ. It was updated very recently. Same with the Open Beta agreement. Plus, if it wasn't true anymore they would have deleted it, or edited it to reflect that,like many other posts they have made. 

Whether you think it's an excuse or not, warframe is a beta.

Look at the FAQ. It was updated very recently. Same with the Open Beta agreement. Plus, if it wasn't true anymore they would have deleted it, or edited it to reflect that,like many other posts they have made. 

Whether you think it's an excuse or not, warframe is a beta.

It's an excuse for every issue that is being raised yes and that is out of place. Not everything can be rubbed off with "it's a beta" .. 

But if you are willing to accept that than so be it .. no point in arguing as that is a continuous circle and personally, I'm getting tired of it.