Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desecrate Nekros Build - How To Survive In A Long Survival?

(PSN)icysuspect

Question

So I plan on using these mods to maximize Desecrate:

- Desecrate

- Overextended

- Stretch

- Streamline

- Fleeting Expertise

- Equilibrium

Which leaves me four mod slots to work with. Now ideally, I want to use both Natural Talent and Flow, leaving only two mod slots. I was thinking about going Vitality and Quick Thinking, although I'm wondering if that alone would keep me alive in a late-game survival. I guess I could ditch Flow to get Rage, but then that doesn't leave much energy to work with. I could also ditch Natural Talent to get Rage, but then my Desecrate spam will take twice as long and be less effective overall.

The thing is, I want to survive in long T4 Survival runs, or in G3/Stalker/Harvester farming runs. I know Rage and Quick Thinking used to be really OP, but then they were nerfed somehow. I'm wonder if it's still a viable combo with so many desecrated health orbs and Equilibrium. Very confused on what the best way to keep Nekros alive is.

Thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)icysuspect

Constant use of sprinting, sliding, slide-jumping, wall-run, and face-kick (watch out for ground-pounds) does better at keeping you alive in T4 than any amount of shielding short of Frost or Volt.

Natural Talent is pretty much required. If you have carrier, you don't need flow, energy siphon, or rage. Without carrier, you'll want at least one.

Flow + Quick Thinking + Rage + Vitality will keep you alive forever if you combine it with extreme mobility. Since you're Nekros, you can easily trade Equilibrium to get all four + Natural Talent without losing the ability to regain health.

You can also trade away Overextended if your team isn't the 'let's split up and doorhero' &#! kind. Stretch reaches a long way.

Edited by Zero_Effect

IMO, take fear... with your massive Range, you can get a few seconds (since you're using fleeting expertise which gives -60% duration) of "peace".

Still, would increase your survivability. A friend of mine uses it for that sole porpuse, and it works wonders.

Lots of people don't know this, and many more will tell you it can't be done. Nekros is far more tanky than anybody gives him credit for, but the first thing you have to do is get your +power range out of the equation. This may sound bad at first but just trust me, you don't need it. The only reason a Nekros should ever bring +power range for desecrating is when he's running with people that he shouldn't be running with.

Mods: DESECRATE, Quick Thinking, Rage, Equilibrium (this is how you become a dmg sponge)
Other: Fleeting Expertise, Natural Talent, Vitality, Flow - note that Flow is actually optional here believe it or not, you think that 150 isn't enough but it's so much more than enough

The rest is kinda up to you, but for instance against Infested I would bring Handspring and Fortitude, probably with Vigor for the bit of extra shield when desecrating

The key to this is your Desecrate. The more health you make, the more energy you get. The more energy you get, the more health you have. The more health you lose, the more energy you get. The more energy you get the more health you make. It's a big cycle of slash-slash-desecrate, slash-slash-desecrate but I can easily do 30+ minutes of the Pluto Dark Sector Survival with my Nekros on PS4. Solo of course

EDIT: This does take quite a bit of skill, keep in mind Nekros will always be squishy and if you are getting hit by 90% of enemies, desecrating when enemies are hitting you, or not doing enough dmg to make life support then you won't have a chance. This is just some info on how to utilize that desecrate very well, along with making a buttload of loot for yourself in the process

Edited by Shrinity

Lots of people don't know this, and many more will tell you it can't be done. Nekros is far more tanky than anybody gives him credit for, but the first thing you have to do is get your +power range out of the equation. This may sound bad at first but just trust me, you don't need it. The only reason a Nekros should ever bring +power range for desecrating is when he's running with people that he shouldn't be running with.

Mods: DESECRATE, Quick Thinking, Rage, Equilibrium (this is how you become a dmg sponge)

Other: Fleeting Expertise, Natural Talent, Vitality, Flow - note that Flow is actually optional here believe it or not, you think that 150 isn't enough but it's so much more than enough

The rest is kinda up to you, but for instance against Infested I would bring Handspring and Fortitude, probably with Vigor for the bit of extra shield when desecrating

The key to this is your Desecrate. The more health you make, the more energy you get. The more energy you get, the more health you have. The more health you lose, the more energy you get. The more energy you get the more health you make. It's a big cycle of slash-slash-desecrate, slash-slash-desecrate but I can easily do 30+ minutes of the Pluto Dark Sector Survival with my Nekros on PS4. Solo of course

EDIT: This does take quite a bit of skill, keep in mind Nekros will always be squishy and if you are getting hit by 90% of enemies, desecrating when enemies are hitting you, or not doing enough dmg to make life support then you won't have a chance. This is just some info on how to utilize that desecrate very well, along with making a buttload of loot for yourself in the process

Putting Rage + Quick Thinking makes anyone a sponge, that really isn't a new tactic as it can be applied to literally anyone

4 forma nek here and I rarely use half the mods you are considering.

Get rid of overextended, equilibrium and dont use natural talent either.

My T4 Survival layout

Desecrate

Shadows

Flow

Intensify

Streamline

Fleeting half maxed

Vitality

Redirection or Rage

40 min T4s.....np.

Don't overlook the power of teamwork.  Don't be afraid to hide behind and obstacle, or the Rhino.  I spend 60 - 80% of my time in endless missions just desecrating, not fighting.  Pick the biggest or toughest killing machine in the squad to follow around and no matter which weapons you bring to the table, your firepower won't be necessary.  Just desecrate.

Now if you're talking about solo missions, then... well, ya.  That is a good question, indeed.  Personally, I wouldn't be aiming for the same duration that some of the tankier frames can do.

Really dude? He's absolutely necessary to go past 40 minutes or so on T4

Constant use of sprinting, sliding, slide-jumping, wall-run, and face-kick (watch out for ground-pounds) does better at keeping you alive in T4 than any amount of shielding short of Frost or Volt.

Natural Talent is pretty much required. If you have carrier, you don't need flow, energy siphon, or rage. Without carrier, you'll want at least one.

Flow + Quick Thinking + Rage + Vitality will keep you alive forever if you combine it with extreme mobility. Since you're Nekros, you can easily trade Equilibrium to get all four + Natural Talent without losing the ability to regain health.

You can also trade away Overextended if your team isn't the 'let's split up and doorhero' @$$ kind. Stretch reaches a long way.

Interesting. I've always though Equilibrium was a must-have. It makes sense though, as Rage is somewhat redundant. And with Desecrate costing a mere 13 power, the energy from the health orbs isn't super necessary, especially with some team energy restores. Seems like sound advice, Zero_Effect. 

The thing is, I need the range because I do run with random people most of the time. I only have 1 friend who is really good at Warframe, so even when I can count on him to bring his Nova or Loki to help me out, I still need to play with two randoms often. I usually bring my Loki and radial disarm everything, but we always run out of life support because a certain someone isn't there. That and when others are looking for someone to fill out their squad, it's a good chance they want a Nekros for life support (or farming, in non-void missions). 

Don't overlook the power of teamwork.  Don't be afraid to hide behind and obstacle, or the Rhino.  I spend 60 - 80% of my time in endless missions just desecrating, not fighting.  Pick the biggest or toughest killing machine in the squad to follow around and no matter which weapons you bring to the table, your firepower won't be necessary.  Just desecrate.

Now if you're talking about solo missions, then... well, ya.  That is a good question, indeed.  Personally, I wouldn't be aiming for the same duration that some of the tankier frames can do.

I'm not, but I can't always count on a good support frame to nerf the enemies into bullet-sponges. Sometimes I just need to take a couple hits for whatever reason, and without the proper setup, I'll get downed very easily.

IMO, take fear... with your massive Range, you can get a few seconds (since you're using fleeting expertise which gives -60% duration) of "peace".

Still, would increase your survivability. A friend of mine uses it for that sole porpuse, and it works wonders.

While I agree that Terrify is very useful when correctly modded for (and you can mod for both Terrify and Desecrate), max power range does reduce the number of enemies which Terrify can effect quite drastically so the extra range becomes useless. 

Here is the Nekros build that I use in survivals.  All of my mods are max rank, but I do start to have problems staying alive after 40 minutes.  On infested missions, I use Anti-toxin instead of vigor; it is powerful.  Finally, I use the Raknis helmet with smoke colors because looking good is half the battle.

Desecrate / OverExtended / Fleeting Expertise / Equilibrium

Vitality / Redirection / Vigor / Fortitude

[Note: I used to use Terror, but ultimately is is just not that useful without duration mods.]

@Cynick

Actually, range can work against Terrify since it targets the maximum number of enemies that are within the total radius.  This means that if you have a max of 16 targets and there are 20 inside the radius, 4 will remain unaffected.  Terrify should never be used with Overextended and even with Stretch you need Intensify to even have a chance to cover the larger radius.

I'd use Rage instead of Equilbrium. (With vitality of course, maybe vigor too).

No mod automatically keeps you alive in any content. It's your own efforts that keep you alive. The mods should be just helping in case you make mistakes, not something to rely on for staying alive.

@Cynick

Actually, range can work against Terrify since it targets the maximum number of enemies that are within the total radius.  This means that if you have a max of 16 targets and there are 20 inside the radius, 4 will remain unaffected.  Terrify should never be used with Overextended and even with Stretch you need Intensify to even have a chance to cover the larger radius.

Obviously you shouldn't use it with Overextended, yes. That was my original point. Stretch is too useful for Desecrate to give up in order to improve Terrify though. 

Yeah, I have a Defense build that uses Stretch only for radius.  It works pretty well but requires the team to coordinate the area of conflict in order to maximize.  For survival Overextended is pretty much required so Terrify should not be used.  I really hope DE overhauls Nekros though since so many of his skills are lackluster.

Yeah, I have a Defense build that uses Stretch only for radius.  It works pretty well but requires the team to coordinate the area of conflict in order to maximize.  For survival Overextended is pretty much required so Terrify should not be used.  I really hope DE overhauls Nekros though since so many of his skills are lackluster.

I wouldn't say it is required at all if you are playing with a coordinated group, as someone pointed out. Overextended does help when everyone is sprinting around wildy though, definitely.

Nekros performs a specific role very well, but he is not limited to that one role.  I don't think there's anything "lackluster" about him.  His other skills are fun and viable, making him a unique support frame.

Interesting thread.

I use Desecrate/Terrify on my Nekros with a rank 6 Overextended + Stretch.

To keep the Terrify effective, I use a mid-rank Blind Rage and compensate for the efficiency loss with max Fleeting Expertise and Streamline (I end up with 45% efficiency). I do occasionally run out of energy, but it's nothing a Medium Team Energy Restore can't fix. On my last 50 min T4 survival run I needed two restores.

Redirection, Natural Talent, and Handspring completes my loadout (getting knocked on my &#! is my leading cause of squishy death).

Sometimes I find that even Stretch isn't necessary for Desecrate if you are playing with a well-coordinated group. Those are few and far between, though. Nothing better than constantly sprinting after that one Ember who feels the need to run through every single damn room in the map, while you're trailing behind picking up their scraps as if you were a dog owner whose pet couldn't control its bowels. DON'T BE THIS PERSON, NEKROS HATES IT

But yeah, for anyone reading this thread who doesn't play Nekros, please be considerate. Your portable vending machine will be thankful. Just be prepared for him asking you for a raise.

Edited by Noble_Cactus