Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time = Money.

Onite

They need to reformulate the entire credit reward system at the end of missions.

something like:

x time spent (longer the better. This way when stuck in time engrossing missions that wind on forever or including alot of backtracking, you're not wasting your own time.)

x enemies killed

x assists

x damage taken

x level of mission

(etc, etc)

upon completion calculates how much in credits you earn at the end. This way you can feel free to take your time to really enjoy the missions for their difficulty while giving yourself your own objectives like "oh crap, i shouldnt take too much damage." "I should really kill all those guys." "Better make my shots count."

This way it motivates people to do better and to actually use more of the weapons effectively.

This will also discourage people from rushing and skipping entire levels.

The whole reason people even rush to begin with, is because whether you realize it or not, you get rewarded for rushing. Spending 5 minutes to complete a mission = 1k. Spending 5 minutes total completing 5 missions = 5k.

And if you're just rushing to get levels done so you can get to boss levels faster, why would you sit around wasting time?

The drawback of this idea (and possibly what will make the developers throw it away) is that this will give an opportunity for AFK gold farming. You can just start an easy solo mission, AFK for an hour and come back and finish it fast. And you'll get lots of money for AFKing which is what destroyed a lot of other games...

The whole reason people even rush to begin with, is because whether you realize it or not, you get rewarded for rushing. Spending 5 minutes to complete a mission = 1k. Spending 5 minutes total completing 5 missions = 5k.

And if you're just rushing to get levels done so you can get to boss levels faster, why would you sit around wasting time?

The funniest thing that some people still didnt get that, people can say everything bad thing about racers the only true fact is that they are smarter ^^ I give you +1 for the idea

Edited by S3riaL

An alternate idea is to give credit awards automatically per mission for various things - getting 10, 25, 50, and then 100 kills with a pistol, or sniper rifle (paris), or shotgun, or assault rifle, or melee weapon.  For reviving teammates (5, 10, 25), for hacking (5, 10, 25), for completing a challenge (and getting more challenges progressively per mission as well).  There are many, many ways in which the developers can reward players for spending more time doing stuff - it just matters what stuff you give incentives in the form of credits, and why.

The drawback of this idea (and possibly what will make the developers throw it away) is that this will give an opportunity for AFK gold farming. You can just start an easy solo mission, AFK for an hour and come back and finish it fast. And you'll get lots of money for AFKing which is what destroyed a lot of other games...

Except that, that can easily be fixed and thats also only a tiny part of what could calculate your entire total. You're also forgetting you have to complete the mission in order to get your rewards. Also they could just make it so after x amount of time, an enemy will patrol through the spawn.

U can just cap the time x gold, so that it would be smt like up to 15-20 min max. As for dmg received it could be that after X dmg u get  -5% reward, after Y dmg u get -10% reward, after Z it gets u to -15% and it would be cap for -% reward, as such it would stimulate less rushing.

Edited by Anaxias

An alternate idea is to give credit awards automatically per mission for various things - getting 10, 25, 50, and then 100 kills with a pistol, or sniper rifle (paris), or shotgun, or assault rifle, or melee weapon.  For reviving teammates (5, 10, 25), for hacking (5, 10, 25), for completing a challenge (and getting more challenges progressively per mission as well).  There are many, many ways in which the developers can reward players for spending more time doing stuff - it just matters what stuff you give incentives in the form of credits, and why.

I like that.

It would be like the medals in World of Tanks after a mission. But every player would get the total of the team, so that support players would get the same. So if you have someone that paralyze everyone and another player that does headshots you would be rewarded (each of the two would get the credits for headshot kills)

If you make rewards at all based on kills, you will see more rushing than ever before.

Want more money? You have to be the first into the room, the first to shoot, and the first to kill. Using a slow frame? Bring a Paris or Snipetron? Good lukc earning credits, the Loki over there with his Hek and modded Ether Daggers is going to be rolling piles of gold while you look on in envy.

Seriously, if you want Kills to equal Rewards, then please split it evenly among the team. Yes, you'll get some derp who gets 3-4 kills the whole missions and still gets as many credits as you. However, most of the time it'll be 4 decent players all getting plenty of kills and doing plenty of damage, sharing equal credits / glory.

To prevent competition, have the teams, kills assists, damage taken and stuff based off of team is my first thought. have the damage % and stuff just informational like it is now.

and Hell no on the time thing. if there is a time thing it should give you more for completing the mission faster, not slower. but if you take the time to kill things and break boxes n stuff you would get more than you would rushing.

Except that, that can easily be fixed and thats also only a tiny part of what could calculate your entire total. You're also forgetting you have to complete the mission in order to get your rewards. Also they could just make it so after x amount of time, an enemy will patrol through the spawn.

then they could just clear it and afk for set amount of time and come back...

The funniest thing that some people still didnt get that, people can say everything bad thing about racers the only true fact is that they are smarter ^^ I give you +1 for the idea

Funniest thing is that people STILL dont understand that by opening containers and lockers you can get up a third of the cash reward easy and that is not even counting the possible mod drops from killing everything....

Funniest thing is that people STILL dont understand that by opening containers and lockers you can get up a third of the cash reward easy and that is not even counting the possible mod drops from killing everything....

Potentially, its a wash sometimes its great other times you get nada.  Also if you get 3k credits for 15 minutes of box searching / enemy splicing, your  just breaking even probably with most people rushing credit reward finishes, Though I imagine a 'portion' of the rusher population was to just open up all the maps so they wouldnt have to worry about finding invites for alerts etc. This also depends on what you are calling a rusher.  Some people go through a mission in 5-10m with like 60+ kills and have the opportunity for mod upgs to be picked up and get called 'rusher' previously because they get to the extract first regardless of their %dmg / ratio of kills to their team, they just beat their team to the extract and probably went afk for 1 minute while they waited for their team to get their or mission ends. Though there are the true blue rushers that go through a mission sub 5 minutes, who rarely kill unless they need to.  The term is to broad. :'(

They need to reformulate the entire credit reward system at the end of missions.

something like:

x time spent (longer the better. This way when stuck in time engrossing missions that wind on forever or including alot of backtracking, you're not wasting your own time.)

x enemies killed

x assists

x damage taken

x level of mission

(etc, etc)

upon completion calculates how much in credits you earn at the end. This way you can feel free to take your time to really enjoy the missions for their difficulty while giving yourself your own objectives like "oh crap, i shouldnt take too much damage." "I should really kill all those guys." "Better make my shots count."

This way it motivates people to do better and to actually use more of the weapons effectively.

This will also discourage people from rushing and skipping entire levels.

This will also incite a ****fest about which frames are better/faster than others, how highlevel players shouldnt enter matches because they obliterate everything without lowbies having a chance to do anything.

I like the idea itself, but cant imagine it working outside of solo play at present.

Pulling it over our current system will just force balance issues.

Sad that doing solo runs to farm cronus is still the best/most efficient way to make money.

Sad that credit rewards are pretty much the same in mercury as they are in pluto or eris.

The big question I want answered is why don't we get credit rewards for defense missions? Doesn't make sense to me.

Fix the second two things and I think it would make a lot of people happy and reduce the need for the first.

Edited by f3llyn

The idea is good but I disagree with time reward and make all of it vincinity-based reward. Others get their share of the reward as long as they're within vincinity of the kill/assist like the affinity reward.

However, this idea could lead to exploitation of the infinite spawn system and defense mission.

If we could only sell our salvage or other materials for credits we could probably do something else to farm.  This also helps with the current theme of 'lets not rush, and encourage exploration' or at least encourages farming mats :x then again. mat farming is blegh.

I like that.

It would be like the medals in World of Tanks after a mission. But every player would get the total of the team, so that support players would get the same. So if you have someone that paralyze everyone and another player that does headshots you would be rewarded (each of the two would get the credits for headshot kills)

Like i said, it would work if the time was eliminated and it was based off TEAM totals instead of PLAYER totals

AS I already said, I totally agree with that. After all, it's a coop game.

Edited by vieuxchat

the few problems I saw when I first looked at this (witch it seems people have brought up already but im saying it again) was first the ability to just afk at the end of a mission then come back after an hour and make tons of cred, next was that it supports going solo rambo and screwing up your team so you can get more creds by stealing ever kill and by not going into the extraction point and just making the whole team wait.

Yes the game could use some ways to better earn creds by doing other things then rushing but I believe that they elected to not use this system for those reasons, I believe the way to fix this is raising the cred drops of people killed to make up for the fact that you are taking the time to kill them instead of rushing past them to the point that it is worth killing people instead of ignoring them

I like it the way it is, honestly. Killing enemies drops stuff and gives you incentive to kill them already. I shoot containers that are on my way, and open lockers, but I don't stop unless my team is lagging behind or I hit a wall of enemies to fight through. For the most part this seems to work for keeping up with my team and not rushing ahead either.

Remember, you're a robot space ninja. Ideally, the mindset is "complete the objective and get to extraction". There are still exterminate, assassinate, and defense missions for those who want to have a 100% or almost 100% combat-oriented mission,

The idea is good but I disagree with time reward and make all of it vincinity-based reward. Others get their share of the reward as long as they're within vincinity of the kill/assist like the affinity reward.

However, this idea could lead to exploitation of the infinite spawn system and defense mission.

Thats not exploitation. Thats just playing the game. The concept here is you earn credits by playing the game the way it should be played.

the few problems I saw when I first looked at this (witch it seems people have brought up already but im saying it again) was first the ability to just afk at the end of a mission then come back after an hour and make tons of cred, next was that it supports going solo rambo and screwing up your team so you can get more creds by stealing ever kill and by not going into the extraction point and just making the whole team wait.

Yes the game could use some ways to better earn creds by doing other things then rushing but I believe that they elected to not use this system for those reasons, I believe the way to fix this is raising the cred drops of people killed to make up for the fact that you are taking the time to kill them instead of rushing past them to the point that it is worth killing people instead of ignoring them

People dont seem to understand, it doesnt have to work like that. In fact AFKing would only be a waste of time when you could be running more missions. You can't exploit it.