The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking And Rage Combo In Conclave

Enderbrine

There's a difference between them using it as a handicap to keep up versus them using it as a way to change the outcome of every single round...

I agree: it depends on the skill of the player on whether or not it is ridiculously OP, but in most/all cases: it's used in an OP/unfair way.  At least from my observations, which I admit do not count as all the feedback that everyone has.

Can it be considered a handicap if both players receive the DR?

Did i misread that?

I forgot to add, some of those low ranks (r8,9 and below) already had qt+r but didn't have a maxed reflex guard or maxed defensive mods so it was no problem. They lacked in moving, shooting (not that I am super pro) so that just made matches a bit longer, alowing me to practise consistency and parkour with new game mechanics.

The known cheap player (known to me) however is someone I've been seeing almost daily last 2 months. On a scale 1-10, where best I've played with are 10, r4 random embers are 1 and I like to think I am a solid 7,5, he isn't that much behind, maybe 6 but with his setup... Someone already said it.. "Superman". Eat 2,3 penta explosions, 3,4 marelok shots, brush off the stagger and keep on chasing me. :(

So far I dreaded having to play in Europe, but from now on, I might stop playing there alltogether. 

I find it kinda funny people are complaining about the Quick Thinking + Rage combo... It's pretty easy to break, considering once that person hits 2 health, they get staggered on EVERY HIT. Yeah, they get a few extra seconds of life, but, it's not the end all be all combo people are seeming to make it out to be. Now, if you're smart with QT + Rage, you are damn hard to kill, but not impossible. If you're a stupid person fighting a QT + Rage combo, here's advice. DO NOT TRY TO MELEE THEM. They will be using Life Strike to get their health back.

This guy started being regular only maybe a month after me and I think that only reason that he is little under me is the fact he always used to count on cheap strategies..

I want to reach some people.

I play to win, but score isn't the most important thing, it's the adrenaline and fun. I know I ain't never reaching those people if I join the bandwagon. 

I find it kinda funny people are complaining about the Quick Thinking + Rage combo... It's pretty easy to break, considering once that person hits 2 health, they get staggered on EVERY HIT. Yeah, they get a few extra seconds of life, but, it's not the end all be all combo people are seeming to make it out to be. Now, if you're smart with QT + Rage, you are damn hard to kill, but not impossible. If you're a stupid person fighting a QT + Rage combo, here's advice. DO NOT TRY TO MELEE THEM. They will be using Life Strike to get their health back.

Not just QT+R.

QT + R + reflex guard on a maxed Valk. If you got some friend with all of those mods and Valk maxed, go to private session conclave and try and kill him now with damage reduction. You will very quickly realize what's the problem.

I think I'll do so. But, from what I've seen in Dark Sector Conflicts? Blocking just makes you easier to kill. Reflex Guard = Bad for living.

I'm sorry, i don't say this in a offensive way, but you clearly don't have much experience in PvP... Reflex Guard is a life saver.

EDIT: Yep, checked your profile, less than 100 Conclave rounds in your stats...

I dare you to try to kill my Valkyr, i will let you shoot me all you want, you won't be able to kill me. Wanna test it out? I'm online right now.

Edited by RexSol

I wouldn't say I have a -ton- of experience in PvP, but, I've done enough to have run into multiple frames and been able to kill all of them, including blocking Valkyr's.  Unfortunately, I'm technically working right this moment, don't get off work for another 5 hours or so. If you wanna add me as a friend to try later, feel free to do so.

Edited by Cradicias

I wouldn't say I have a -ton- of experience in PvP, but, I've done enough to have run into multiple frames and been able to kill all of them, including blocking Valkyr's.  Unfortunately, I'm technically working right his moment, don't get off work for another 5 hours or so. If you wanna add me as a friend to try later, feel free to do so.

Alright i add you as friend i can show you later.

I dare you to try to kill my Valkyr, i will let you shoot me all you want,you won't be able to kill me. Wanna test it out? I'm online right now.

let me know how it turns out. I already know 99% he won't be able to.

but... that 1% he can pull it off i need to know!

Edited by Rompido

The known cheap player (known to me) however is someone I've been seeing almost daily last 2 months. On a scale 1-10, where best I've played with are 10, r4 random embers are 1 and I like to think I am a solid 7,5, he isn't that much behind, maybe 6 but with his setup... Someone already said it.. "Superman". Eat 2,3 penta explosions, 3,4 marelok shots, brush off the stagger and keep on chasing me. :(

So far I dreaded having to play in Europe, but from now on, I might stop playing there alltogether. 

Might be me with that penta. I dont like to say im proud and it is noob but after dealing with valykr all day taking an entire clip to put one down I just grab my noob tube and put a end to it.

Edit:The other loki you where talking about in another post was not me I use prime but I have met you before and used noob tube.

Edited by Judgedeath1

Honestly

I dont mind less skileld players having a shot at keeping up

Its a really tough PvP game to get into when people are ages ahead of you in terms of skill

If it helps encourage more players to keep in the conclave then im alright with it

Though unless the unbalanced bits are fixed there will be many issues ahead

I need to clarify this

I dont mind the shield and HP damage reduc

QT,Rage, and reflex guard have to go

Might be me with that penta. I dont like to say im proud and it is noob but after dealing with valykr all day taking an entire clip to put one down I just grab my noob tube and put a end to it.

Edit:The other loki you where talking about in another post was not me I use prime but I have met you before and used noob tube.

I wasn't talking about you Judge. I remember playing with you maybe 4,5 times. I was the one using the penta this time, shocked that it isn't effective any more. No need to explain yourself, I know how it goes. I got under A setup clean Valk, and under B, QT+R Valk. You join a game, take as much cheapness as you can, get mad, go out, take the B setup and you never ever manage to join the same game where you want to get some payback. 

I am almost sure this guy is russian. No name and shame, don't mater anyway, he is just one of many. Sorry if I steamed at you in game, just Reflex guard and my usual reaction.

p.s. I get the Russians (most prevelent with them) too. Some are 10's, could beat me most time in clean fights, but they never run clean. I think their philosophy is, if it's in game, gives an advantage, then it's mandatory to be used.

I wasn't talking about you Judge. I remember playing with you maybe 4,5 times. I was the one using the penta this time, shocked that it isn't effective any more. No need to explain yourself, I know how it goes. I got under A setup clean Valk, and under B, QT+R Valk. You join a game, take as much cheapness as you can, get mad, go out, take the B setup and you never ever manage to join the same game where you want to get some payback. 

I am almost sure this guy is russian. No name and shame, don't mater anyway, he is just one of many. Sorry if I steamed at you in game, just Reflex guard and my usual reaction.

p.s. I get the Russians (most prevelent with them) too. Some are 10's, could beat me most time in clean fights, but they never run clean. I think their philosophy is, if it's in game, gives an advantage, then it's mandatory to be used.

Relight the penta has lost damage but corrosive and ice on a penta stomp out anything using R+QT what people also forget is that it does 50% extra damage to shields. This penta was for T4 but it makes mince meat out of valkyr and will one shot one with max steel fibre and R+QT

ggB9k8k.jpg

Before you guys jump the shark and say its noob I know it is I like to use my vulkar but due to so many people using these mods I just use noob tube

Thanks for clarification. I sold my max HC (leveled by myself) thinking almost useless in conclave. I have been rushing so many formas, buying boosters, trying out all the different guns in conclaves,  I am always low on plat. Now that I am almost done with all new in U14, guess I'll have to get my (core) grind on once again. uhh

Thanks for clarification. I sold my max HC (leveled by myself) thinking almost useless in conclave. I have been rushing so many formas, buying boosters, trying out all the different guns in conclaves,  I am always low on plat. Now that I am almost done with all new in U14, guess I'll have to get my (core) grind on once again. uhh

The quanta is really op in conclave at the moment nearly always procs has a 50M laser that uses up 1ammo per second and a bomb that can be laid into a trap or detonate on impact dealing no damage to the user. The damage is also really high and if your opponent shoots the bombs they do extra damage torwards them and on top of that you can fire as many off as you like. The weapon is not common in conclave but in a few weeks I bet there will be a thread screaming for a nerf and for the most part I would have to agree

Quanta is finishing building for me today. Got my plats ready for rush forming. I am really looking forward to it. SoulessEgo had one with 5 forma day after it was out, haha. With corrosion on, we tried it with my Valk. Melted me in 0.2 seconds when standing still. The laser vs usual PvP guns (still 1,2 shooting) isn't that great, but with some strategy with alt fire usage (it felt like penta from before), it could viable, more importantly fun. You have to run around and dodge those squere area denial traps.

Have a feeling I will have a lot of fun with it both in PvP (for luls at least) and PvE. Gj De!