Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing The Old Laser Doors :(

mKta

I liked the way the laser doors done damage to the health also. It added some difficulty to the game. Now it is too easy..it just knocks you down and damage your shield. Oh the days when I died 3 times on the same damn door. I kinda want this to be changed back.

yeah, it was the one thing that got on my wires (get it :D) but yeah it always felt good sliding then using melle spin to get through there and thinking that i had succesfully avoided being damaged.

A ninja should always have his nemisis and those were the lasers, now all we have it the incredibley underpowered stalker (THAT DOESN'T EXIST MIND YOU)

Yeah I encountered today that stalker everyone was talking about. Pretty weak. Dem lasers were an worthy nemesis.

Getting knocked back to near death just because I happened to be passing through a doorway when a teammate set off a camera doesn't strike me as an effective way of adding difficulty.

It kinda does. Because not everyone is a pro and you have to learn to play with those less experienced. Also it was forcing you to look for cameras and destroy them. Now not so much.

Edited by mKta

I don't really mind the lack of health damage.  I've learned to avoid them, but I've got a bunch of friends who are just starting, and they have a tendency to sprint blindly through doors in Corpus maps.

Dear WingedAnomaly,

So you want them punished for rushing through, aren't you a bit evil. But still I agree the doors should still do health damage but they should't kill you like instantly.

Sincerely,

charleon

It kinda does. Because not everyone is a pro and you have to learn to play with those less experienced. Also it was forcing you to look for cameras and destroy them. Now not so much.

I destroy all cameras I see and advise others to do the same, yet maybe someone missed one and got spotted; an honest mistake if they're new and don't know where all the cameras are.  Maybe someone was walking through a doorway at that time.  If they didn't have a whole lot of shields or health, they were just incapped.

Admittedly, it was a great way to halt rushers when necessary.

I liked the way the laser doors done damage to the health also. It added some difficulty to the game. Now it is too easy..it just knocks you down and damage your shield. Oh the days when I died 3 times on the same damn door. I kinda want this to be changed back.

Sometimes I feel that there are some guys who are playing this game who should save their money and find a dominatrix instead, because it's what they seem to actually want. Someone (or something) to abuse them, insult them, and grind their face in the dirt.

Edited by MJ12

Sometimes I feel that there are some guys who are playing this game who should save their money and find a dominatrix instead, because it's what they seem to actually want. Someone (or something) to abuse them, insult them, and grind their face in the dirt.

I wouldn't go that far, but it definitely feels like people have strange ideas about how the game should be made difficult, almost all contrary to the elements that make Warframe unique.

Like always: Blame the crying of the "less skilled" players which cant figure out how to shoot a camera and/or dont give a damn that they are standing in front of one and thus blocking the rest of the party with their mere existence.

I could hate a few of these kids to bald.

Stands in front of the laser door while we are spamming the chat to shoot the camera, but he simply cant muster the IQ to neither read nor execute the given "suggestion".

At times i really do wonder... I do not consider myself particularly smart or anything, but a few of the people i got teamed up with, make me look like the mother brain.

MJ12, on 13 Apr 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

It actually sounds like fun :).

I00thlurker, on 13 Apr 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I wouldn't go that far, but it definitely feels like people have strange ideas about how the game should be made difficult, almost all contrary to the elements that make Warframe unique.  

Well, i love the idea of warframe. But I'd like to be a little harder. We are space ninja but still, we are space ninja.

Cracks me up how folks assume that just because the lasers don't do health damage it has made the game easier. Get over yourself. The only real purpose of the laser doors was to slow you down. The laser turrets, which are also controlled by the cameras, are what is supposed to kill you.

Also, if you're somebody that "shoots the cameras" then you would not of even known they ever nerfed them if they hadn't told you. Which means you're only hating on newbs that don't know about the cams yet.

Plus, half the times I ever hit one of them things they bugged out and I got stuck under them and had to burn 1 or more revives. So calm down guys. Seriously.

Cracks me up how folks assume that just because the lasers don't do health damage it has made the game easier. Get over yourself. The only real purpose of the laser doors was to slow you down. The laser turrets, which are also controlled by the cameras, are what is supposed to kill you.

Also, if you're somebody that "shoots the cameras" then you would not of even known they ever nerfed them if they hadn't told you. Which means you're only hating on newbs that don't know about the cams yet.

Plus, half the times I ever hit one of them things they bugged out and I got stuck under them and had to burn 1 or more revives. So calm down guys. Seriously.

yep. the purpose was to slow people down.

when i started playing and met the laser doors i was like wtheck? didnt take long to learn the why, and hows.

once people learn the why and hows it becomes easier.

couldnt agree more Aramahn