Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Forum Googleable

Pappus

There is definitely something you are doing with the forum that is just plainly wrong. I can put in wow + anything in seconds I will find a link to the wow forum discussing that topic.

Regardless of what I try it won't work with google and the warframe forum. I have yet to be directed to the forum with any question I have.

For example: https://forums.warframe.com/ ash    will redirect me to your facebook site, but not a single topic discussing ash. Clearly this is not how it should be.

Going for directly by site:  site:forums.warframe.com/ ash     will yield a single result that means, that you are not allowing google to crawl through the forum and it is just garbage like that.

You will never find anything on Google because the Warframe forums restrict you to sign in before you can browse the forums. Google spiders can't browse the forums and index the forums because it doesn't have an account! not too sure if the forums will be open to guests in the future or not, but until it is, don't expect the forums to be on google..

But if you need to search something, you can use the search box at the top right of the forums :)

The search function of the forum isn't bad, but it's a matter of awareness as well. If the forum gets indexed there will be searches that might not be entirely Warframe related, but might have to do with the game genre that will show up Warframe results in Google.

That would increase traffic to forums and the game itself as a byproduct.

Edited by Xariann